Raw Power

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

I reckon I'm going to have to get my arse in gear for this one:

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/i ... -and-tour/

:D 8)
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Just to let you know - support will be Suicide, performing Suicide.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Erudite wrote:Just to let you know - support will be Suicide, performing Suicide.
:eek: :notworthy:
in dub we trust
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

:eek: Think I definitely need to put that down in my agenda!
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

biggy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Two of the greatest gigs I've been to were The Stooges at Hammersmith performing "FUNHOUSE" and The Stooges at Butlins in Minehead.
I've seen them quite a few times since they reformed and each time was fantastic.
Sadly, with the passing of Ron Asheton history is repeating itself and the Stooges are becoming IGGY AND The Stooges once more. The loss of Ron is also the loss of THAT wall of sound. It was simplistic and dirty sounding but the first two albums ARE the Stooges.

Iggy AND the Stooges is a different thing altogether. It's better than Iggy solo but nowhere near the original line up.

I will of course be going to both nights but I will be sparing a thought for Ron.
Love ? Love is just f**king with a kiss thrown in !!!
Francis
Overbomber

If Bowie's not in the queue you can count me out.
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
biggy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Thought I'd just share my nicely framed signed copy of Funhouse ;D

Love ? Love is just f**king with a kiss thrown in !!!
DerekR
Doobie Brother

biggy wrote: Image
Is that him signing the deal on those car insurance ads?

NEXT!
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

biggy wrote: Sadly, with the passing of Ron Asheton history is repeating itself and the Stooges are becoming IGGY AND The Stooges once more. The loss of Ron is also the loss of THAT wall of sound. It was simplistic and dirty sounding but the first two albums ARE the Stooges.

Iggy AND the Stooges is a different thing altogether. It's better than Iggy solo but nowhere near the original line up.

I will of course be going to both nights but I will be sparing a thought for Ron.
While I pretty much agree with what you're saying, I find it fitting that the band have realised that they can't be The Stooges without Ron on guitar.
That said, James Williamson was the only choice if they were to credibly continue as some form of the band.
Sadly, I never saw the band with Ron and I will indeed spare a thought for him during the show.
That said, for me, Raw Power is a damn fine album in its own right and I'm really excited about seeing it performed live.
Hunslet Ramone
Amphetamine Filth

DerekR wrote:
biggy wrote: Image
Is that him signing the deal on those car insurance ads?

NEXT!
Derek R

I went to see your band Alabama 3, i give anyone a try live, that was at the Bingley Festival 2008, they were supporting Echo & the Bunneymen.

And they were a s**t soulband, terrible live, not worthy of likin Iggy Pops boots. Why on earth are you on this Sisters of mercys website when you would be more suited to a soul forum.

I love Punk/ Old trad goth obviously you don't.

And if no-one don't believe me . go to the Alabama 3 myspace, pure Sh--
Iggy Insurence ad, sounds better than Alabama 3.
I go to gigs, and if there is any money left, I eat
DerekR
Doobie Brother

OK here we go, I'll tackle these one at a time for the benefit of the hard of thinking.
Hunslet Ramone wrote: Derek R

I went to see your band Alabama 3, i give anyone a try live, that was at the Bingley Festival 2008, they were supporting Echo & the Bunneymen.
I know, I was also there (as was weebs, remember the DONUTS!!!)
Hunslet Ramone wrote:And they were a s**t soulband, terrible live, not worthy of likin Iggy Pops boots.
<blink> The relevance is lost on me but never mind.

They were pissed mate, D-Wayne was absolutely blotto if I remember correctly. They had a good time and tore the place up in their own inimitable style. I enjoyed it, the Mrs enjoyed it, weebs enjoyed it (or seemed to). A load of other people enjoyed it. Seems one po-faced goth didn't enjoy it, c'est la vie 8) I'm sure they're gutted.
Hunslet Ramone wrote:Why on earth are you on this Sisters of mercys website when you would be more suited to a soul forum.
Excuse me for liking more than one type of music. Is that OK with you? No really, it matters to me
Hunslet Ramone wrote:I love Punk/ Old trad goth obviously you don't.
Don't tell me what I do and don't like mate. Or better still pop along to the next HL meetup and tell me in person. I'll be the one in the Cramps T-shirt.

Hunslet Ramone wrote:And if no-one don't believe me . go to the Alabama 3 myspace, pure Sh--
Iggy Insurence ad, sounds better than Alabama 3.
"If no-one don't believe me"....I'm not even going to try to figure out what that translates to in English. Again the relevance, or lack of, astounds me.

Are you drunk? If not you should be :lol:
Silver_Owl
The Don

Derek - Please refrain from listening to any style of music which does not pidgeon hole you as a Sisters fan

As you were.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Big Si
School Bully

Hom_Corleone wrote:Derek - Please refrain from listening to any style of music which does not pidgeon hole you as a Sisters fan

As you were.
That's me fecked an aw then! :twisted:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Big Si wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:Derek - Please refrain from listening to any style of music which does not pidgeon hole you as a Sisters fan

As you were.
Aye, it's going to be a very empty forum! :lol:
James Blast
Banned

the thing that baffles me most out of all this is some twit newb picking a fight with one of the most upstanding, good natured and funny blokes on the forum, the Michty DR

take a powder Dude

oh, and I have been known to listen to Todd Rundgren - more blue eyed soul than dark satanic
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Nadia81
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I only hope Hunslet Ramone doesn't see the CLT thread-he'll have an apoplexy. :lol:
Silver_Owl
The Don

Erudite wrote:
Big Si wrote:

As you were.
Aye, it's going to be a very empty forum! :lol:
Indeed. ;D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Big Si
School Bully

Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Being645
Above the Chemist

:eek: ... :roll: ...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Yeah Derek's no goff. Look:

:lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
DerekR
Doobie Brother

markfiend wrote:Yeah Derek's no goff. Look:

:lol:
Haw you! There's nae need! :lol:
James Blast
Banned

oh no, there was every need :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:P
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

some would say my musical predilections were a bit dodgy too.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more