abridged now available

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Hi Everyone. Hope this dosen't count as spam! If anyone remembers a few months ago I put the call out for poetry and art for me little magazine. Well it's finally appeared, albeit a month or so late. It's free and has people like John Hegley (damn fine poet) and George Shaw (damn fine artist) in it. It will be available in various Irish galleries (and a few London ones) in the coming weeks. If anyone would like one sent to them pm me and I'll send you the details. Not sure if I'm allowed to put the postage address here. If i am I will in another post. Though it's free if you could send £1.50 in stamps (to cover postage) it would be great. If you haven't £1.50 I'm sure I can still manage to get a copy to you, but the stamps would help. We don't get paid for this! Not sure if there's any HLers in it! But it's damn fine. Again, hope this isn't spam! Ta! :D
The Chancer Corporation
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Oh I remember, you're fine, we know you're not spam :)

I've got a load of (blue) 2nd class stamps with no price on, how many of those d'you reckon is £1.50?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
mh
Above the Chemist

Which Irish galleries? Nothing too poncey, one would hope. ;) :lol:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Ta! Ah I think if you send 5 or 6 that should cover it! :D I'll give the address if that's ok: It's Abridged c/o The Verbal Arts Centre, Stable Lane and Mall Wall, Bishop Street Within, Derry BT48 6PU. I know the request for stamps is a bit unusual but it makes life easier for us! Ta again! :notworthy:
The Chancer Corporation
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Ah all the public ones in Derry (now), Belfast (in the next week or so) and Dublin and Galway (when I get round to it!). Me distribution system is a bus and a box! :lol: Ah only occasionally poncy! :lol:
The Chancer Corporation
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

6 2nd-class stamps will be in the post tomorrow. 8)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Thank you kindly sir. Hopefully you'll be impressed! :notworthy:
The Chancer Corporation
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

BTW "Bishop Street Within" sounds like something from London Below in Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere :lol:
—Bertrand Russell
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Ah it does! A good book! Coincidentially am reading Anansi Boys at the moment. Derry's a walled city, and we're based on the bit of Bishop Street that's inside the walls. Not sure that many people know about the 'Within' bit though!
The Chancer Corporation
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

I just finished 'Smoke and Mirrors' which was fabulous but has nothing to do with the topic on hand so I'll shut up now. :lol:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Anyhoo... Stuck some stamps in't post, job's a good'un.

(I get it free cos I nicked the stamps from my last job :lol: )
—Bertrand Russell
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

I'm not a poetry fan (no he likes The m*****n jokes please) but hope it all goes well :wink: 8)
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Thank you kindly Mr Weebles. Much appreciated. Mark, I'll post yours off on Monday. Thank you kindly also! Hopefully you'll like it! :notworthy:
The Chancer Corporation
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Would you also send me one over to the continent?
I could arrange for some SAE, of course ...
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Ah I think you might have trouble with the stamps. If you send me your details I'll send you one anyhow. Always glad when people are interested in the mag! :)
The Chancer Corporation
Being645
Wiki Wizard

:eek: ... right, I'm out of British stamps for quite a time already ... so ...
abridged
Slight Overbomber

The mag will be winging its way to you on Monday!
The Chancer Corporation
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Fine ... ;D ... :notworthy: ...
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Mark and Being. Your mags are on their way. Sorry for the slight delay. The post is really bad around here also. Sigh. I remember the time it appeared twice a day and once before nine in the morning. Hopefully the abridged will arrive with ya quite soon!
The Chancer Corporation
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Haha! It's just turned up this very minute 8)
—Bertrand Russell
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Good stuff. Hope you like it! 8)
The Chancer Corporation
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Will have a look this evening.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Wiki Wizard

abridged wrote:The mag will be winging its way to you on Monday!
abridged arrived here today in perfect condition ... ;D ... so thanks a lot... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Had a look at it, already, and liked the pictures and photographs very much,
especially those of George Shaw, Feargal O'Mailley, Conor Mc Feely and Maria Connole ... :D

Didn't get to reading much of it, yet, apart from the last poem by John Hegley
which somewhat reminds me in rhythm of that This Corrosion cover mentioned
under ... http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic. ... 665#487665

... with the slight difference that the accentuation which rather deterred me from that
cover song, seems appropriate and somewhat amusing to me in the context of What am I? ... :lol:

Thanks a lot again, I'm sure I shall derive quite some joy from this wonderful magazine for a while ... ;D :notworthy: ;D ...
Francis
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Oh I remember, you're fine, we know you're not spam :)

I've got a load of (blue) 2nd class stamps with no price on, how many of those d'you reckon is £1.50?
Bollocks. It's spam in a werewolf's clothing. More caffeine Mr. Fiend?
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Glad you liked the mag Being! Am non spam but perhaps turn into were-spam every full moon! ;D
The Chancer Corporation