World issues ~ deep thinking matters.

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.

Do we care?

~ f**k the world and all in it
33%
~ Me as I will never make a difference
No votes
~ The higher ones hold the higher card
17%
~ We can make a difference
44%
~ Peace and love, will light a candle
6%

Total votes: 18
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

EvilBastard wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:I agree with you too EB!

He and many other presidents all over the world are fault to this though! So that governments are corrupt we know and have known for years. If I think of the man now leading S.A. he had a criminal record for crying out loud! Oh well so we can't trust governments, we will have to trust in ourselves.

I just hope that our generation that believes in these wrongs (hunger & violence) do stand together & that someone comes up with an answer to solving the problem. We as humans seem to always want to blame someone else or point fingers and moan about it instead of just doing it. Make it stop. We could at least try.
Which goes back to my first point about getting rid of governments and organised religion. Both are interested only in further their own ambitions and feathering their nests. For a guy whose credo includes vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience, I've yet to work out why the pope swans about in a plane (perhaps it's a "do as I say, not as I do" thing). Meanwhile the government panders to the unions, the church, and certain social groups and remains in thrall to kinds of people that you and I wouldn't trust to sit the right way on a lavatory seat.

Get rid of them all - power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority. Not my words, but as true today as they ever were.
Your first point was noted and although I do agree with you about getting rid of governments and organised religion, that would lead to anarchy which would lead to more violence and the vicious circle would continue. Also if we ripped the human race away from religious beliefs (whichever one follows) that would cause havoc as people seem to need something higher to believe in where they can hang their faith onto. I believe that would also lead to more violence. I can't see the whole world trying to have faith in themselves because maybe they just don't know how. The trust element is also a difficult one as one has to earn trust and that walks a very slim line in today's world.

Get rid of them all - have to agree again, strip them of power and corruption although it would have to start somewhere, by ourselves. If man could just have a good look at one's own life to start the difference, baby step by baby step I am willing to believe it could work. However not everyone in the world has that freedom and that is the sad problem.

I do get what you mean and respect it all! :D
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

sultan2075 wrote:
I'm a bit late to the party, but: you need to go read your Hobbes. And your Aristotle ;)

edit: Mark, it occurs to me that--having had this discussion many times before--our fundamental disagreement concerns the Enlightenment project. I simply don't think it's possible. In that regard, I side with the critique of Socrates made by Aristophanes in the Clouds: if we're going to go about removing gods, we'd better have something better than the clouds to replace them with. I'm not so sure science fits that bill.
But if we were to use science to prove certain things and to use science in getting things back on track, I would use it. Just like education with regards to Biology & Mathematics even Geography! See where I'm coming from?
that ongoing eternity
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

sultan2075 wrote:you need to go read your Hobbes

guaranteed to make you feel better :D :lol:

cough
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

yup "Leviathan" i have to read it.
Silver_Owl
The Don

Ishmael anybody?
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Cheers for the *cough* and *Ishmael* ~ good reading matter for a rainy day in the future! :notworthy: :notworthy:
that ongoing eternity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

sultan2075 wrote: Mark, it occurs to me that--having had this discussion many times before--our fundamental disagreement concerns the Enlightenment project. I simply don't think it's possible.
I fear that you're right but I hope that you're wrong. :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

*bump from page 2*

thank you if you voted! 17 votes and 5 of you for *f**k the world an all in it*

one quick question, those of you who voted this option, are you depressed?
asking cause once or twice i was depressed and would have voted on that one too. just something i've been wondering.
that ongoing eternity
Big Si
School Bully

MadameButterfly wrote:*bump from page 2*

thank you if you voted! 17 votes and 5 of you for *f**k the world an all in it*

one quick question, those of you who voted this option, are you depressed?
asking cause once or twice i was depressed and would have voted on that one too. just something i've been wondering.
<----- Nup ;D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

i was wondering that too. i do not like so much world and people living on it but there are some lines.
wanna flower?
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Okay Si point taken. :lol:

@ Bartek ~ we who wonder! oh bless a flower for me? if it's blue or purple i will accept! :D
that ongoing eternity
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

it can be purple'n'blue if you want. (it's all in your head). :kiss:
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Bartek wrote:it can be purple'n'blue if you want. (it's all in your head). :kiss:
flowers in my head, much better than all the other stuff in there!
cheers gave me a happy moment. :kiss:
that ongoing eternity
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

I'm too head f*cked to think :urff:

work=pish ;D
&#8206;"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

weebleswobble wrote:I'm too head f*cked to think :urff:

work=pish ;D
OMG ~ okay don't think

just relax full stop ;D
that ongoing eternity