edinburgh - where to go?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

can anyone on here recommend any good places to eat, drink & dance in edinburgh? :)

we'll be there the last weekend in october.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
DerekR
Doobie Brother

If you like Tapas you will love this place, I was there about a month ago.

http://www.cafeandaluz.com/

Drinking? Well you could try my old haunt the Black Bull Tavern, a decent enough rock pub located down the steps featured in the opening scenes of Trainspotting 8)

http://www.bestpubs.co.uk/layout0.asp?pub=105807

<edit>...or if you're doing posh :wink:

http://www.caferoyal.org.uk/

http://www.thedomeedinburgh.com/introduction.html
Last edited by DerekR on 06 Oct 2009, 16:35, edited 1 time in total.
Jeremiah
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I've been too skint to do much eating, drinking or dancing recently, but based on guesswork and memory...

If you're here on Fri 30th, there's Absynth

The last time I went it was fairly standard goth/industrial/ebm bollox, but OK if you like that kind of thing, and with an above-average proportion of old 80s/trad goth stuff. I might well be along on the 30th.

In terms of drinking, there's the Voodoo Rooms which looks nice but is ridiculously expensive. They do food too though I've never tried it.

If your taste is more downmarket there's also the Black Rose which is still somewhat overpriced, but hey, this is Edinburgh
snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Avalance records and the whisky shop both roughly on the same main street. Oh and there's a great little pub to the side of the station which is full when there's about 20 people in but has great food and real ale / cider. If you want directions then let us now.
Ginger
Amphetamine Filth

James Blast
Banned

Waverley Station, they do trains to Glass~gow ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Big Si
School Bully

James Blast wrote:Waverley Station, they do trains to Glass~gow ;D
Aye, I can see him wandering into 'the wrong pub' in Leith :wink: ;D

Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
James Blast
Banned

"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
scotty
Overbomber

Tynecastle 8) :notworthy: & the pubic triangle :innocent: :twisted:

Just keep away from Leith & anyone wearing Green & White :evil:

I'd love to have recomended The Venue :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
DerekR
Doobie Brother

scotty wrote: I'd love to have recomended The Venue :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Have you seen it these days mate? Most depressing

culprit
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

What about cheap (ish) places to stay. I have a free weekend next week. any good B&B's anyone know of? Doesn't have to be anything flash - i've left it too late for a cheap Travelodge type place...
...mmmmmmmmmMMMMMM!....
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

looking forward to this :D

booked in at that david bann's veggie place, and have printed off details of a few pubs

thanks for your help 8) :notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
James Blast
Banned

it's not too late to jump on a train to 'Raintown' and come and see PLost with three of your disciples ;D
~ Peter Steele