New website

Do you do a TSOM-related website? Do you know any cool TSOM websites? Sites listed here may be about anything to do with The Sisters: lyrics, tours, photos, biographies, interviews, etc. Post your URLs along with a short description of the website here.

Note: Please post links about trading Sisters memorabilia or your personal collection in the Trading section.
Patti82
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

OK, I guess some of you have found out about my website that I'm currently creating - atleast according to this one and there has been some talk about copyright policies etc.

So let me tell you what I'm up to, what I had the plan of revealing a bit later on anyway after some spellchecking etc:

There was a discussion going on in here about setlist and different sites and the "lack" of updates. And other bands sites where mentioned and how they lists shows in different ways. One of
the sites mentioned was Nirvana Live Guide. So I started thinking that maybe I could do something similar... (even though I haven't done a website in ages - last time was in like 1995 :innocent: and I have no real knowledge about it anymore....) And I did, by
ripping off Nirvana Live Guide but making it more mine and I have also talked to the Kris on Nirvana Live Guide about it and
he found it to be ok. So after more then 2 months (I keept adding things all the time making the site bigger and bigger) I think
it's ready to be revealed. So here it is: The Sisters Of Mercy Ultimate Resource Guide

So what do I need help with? Well, alot actually. The base for everything is there but:

1) I need help with equipments for those shows that you know about.
2) If something is a soundboard or just an audience recording.
3) Help with quality of recordings - so this is for you audiophiles out there :) (yeah I'm looking at you Dr G & Jost 7 and whoever feels hit ;D)
3) Pictures for gigs.
4) Permission to use your pictures (that I already have added to the shows) so if it's ok, just tell me what pictures and I will add
the proper credits.
5) Help me extend some of the areas - like TV Performances, Live Video, Interviews etc with translations and/or pictures. Everything to make it as
complete as possible. I know there is a lot out there but I think that if we work together we could create a nice little site :)

If you see any spelling mistakes (because they are likely to be there - even though Being645 has been looking over the site, (once again, thank you sooo much :notworthy: :kiss: ) ) then let me know.
Any suggestions for improvements are very much appreciated as well. Ideas for expanding sections or website is also of interest.

Also - I'm not sure if anyone has noticed that the "Copyright" bar at the end of the page is sort of blank. The reason for this is that I would like to use "Heartland Community" there. What do you
guys think? Is this site something that you as a community feel like you can stand behind?

By working together we could make this site work pretty nicely :) And it would be nice to have as much as possible on one site right?

The website is not by far done yet, I have more bootlegs to add and I plan to extend the Magazine section quite a bit - as long as you guys feel like it's the right thing to do.

So if *anyone* wants something to be removed or credited please let me know! And yes, as DocSummer so nicely puts it at the Poison Door, most of the pictures used is something I have just collected and never bothered to remember where I took them from. (Hence the many links about removal for pictures that you don't want on the site.) However for this very reason I have not edited any pictures to remove watermarks etc. because I want the right person to get the credits.

I personally don't feel like this is *my* site but *OURS* to extend in whatever possible way.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Bravo, Ms Chairman of the Workaholics ... :D ... :notworthy: ... :notworthy: ... :notworthy: ... :D ...

It will however take some more time for me to get through with spell checking ... :wink: ...
17.auflage

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

yeah, great stuff :notworthy: :notworthy:
vicus

Alles klar Image
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

:notworthy:

I already thought that this is more an "under construction" project yet because there's no proper domain forwarding to your site so far (or we haven't found it yet). However - I think the current state of develompment does already contain an impressive load of nicely compiled content. I also like the navigation and layout - very pragmatic and easy to navigate, that's keeping the focus on the content. The only thing I don't like are these handwriting fonts - maybe that's just a matter of taste :lol:

Some words about bootleg quality ratings and stuff:

You can ask 5 people and you'll get 5 more or less different ratings. That's why I think it's better to keep it on a rough scale, like maybe "thumbs ub/middle thumb/thumbs down". More background informations about the recordings (taper, equipment, different versions of the same show...) are listed in many tradelists or the info files wich came with some FLAC sets. A more or less complete list of my stuff can be found on my homepage - unfortunately including some "lineage-gaps" - that's why I'd check all available tradelist resources.

Live Videos - there's plenty of stuff available on youtube wich is easy to embedd - check out sistersteklands and my little channels :wink:

If your site is ready to launch you can also make an own little video-clip to present it (if you like). I'd be glad to upload it on my channel - maybe this can help to gain some attention and more visitors.
Europa
Amphetamine Filth

Wow, impressive already!
Om began to feel the acute depression that steals over every realist in the presence of an optimist.
Patti82

Thank you for your support. I hope to get more so I can continue with the little project I have :)

DocSommer - well so far it's just a fun thing to do, I don't know if I will have a "proper" domain name. I have so far set it up on five different websites that are free with my broadband connection. Maybe later when everything is done however :)

And also about the rating system, it might be best that one person does them all. But most unlikely me, I don't have the ears for it :) (no bat ears here :D ) As for generations and/or equipment I'm at a total loss on what is what so there I need help. I know that most of my FLAC shows have an info file but most of them leaves something to the imagination I guess. What traderssites are you thinking about that list this information?

As for Youtube thingy, I have thought about adding some of the shows - but unfortunatly not all clips remain. Some are deleted, others removed. So I don't know if I dare to put them up :)
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Well a proper domain is not a big deal. A plan B could be a subdomain wich is forwarding to your site. I'm quite shure that somebody of the sisters-related domain holders would help you with that.

I don't had any trouble with youtube (so far) - some of my stuff is online since 2006. Maybe it's just a matter of time until I get sued and arrested.... ;D

Tradelists.... well many traders are not running a site for their lists. I think you should simply post a little tradelist request in the trading forum including a short statement why you need these informations. I'm shure people will get in touch with you.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Looks excellent, Patti. I'll certainly be bookmarking it.

One piece of advice. Your disclaimer "All lyrics are the property and copyright of their respective rights holders, and they are provided just for study purpose." won't be enough if someone wants to make anything of it. If you're going to have the lyrics then you should really credit all writers and publishers by name. They're more likely to look favourably on you if they stumble across the site.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
mh
Above the Chemist

Nice site, looking forward to seeing it grow. :notworthy:

I notice that oor Derek R is mentioned in one of the interviews too... :D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Patti82

stufarq wrote:Looks excellent, Patti. I'll certainly be bookmarking it.

One piece of advice. Your disclaimer "All lyrics are the property and copyright of their respective rights holders, and they are provided just for study purpose." won't be enough if someone wants to make anything of it. If you're going to have the lyrics then you should really credit all writers and publishers by name. They're more likely to look favourably on you if they stumble across the site.
Yeah, I know. As I said - still a work in progress :) I plan to add that, it's just that sometimes a lot of the times several different version exist. I just wanted the lyric section in place and then later on add that part ;)

Also, most of my "copyright text" are REALLY bad, but since I'm not English I don't really know how to phrase them to make them sound good so if anyone have any suggestions please let me know. (Like offiical releases etc)
Nadia81
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Really good beginning,Patti :D :notworthy: :notworthy:
Patti82

Patti82 wrote:
stufarq wrote:Looks excellent, Patti. I'll certainly be bookmarking it.

Yeah, I know. As I said - still a work in progress :) I plan to add that, it's just that sometimes a lot of the times several different version exist. I just wanted the lyric section in place and then later on add that part ;)
It has now been added some copyrights on every song. However, some are with "?" since I'm not sure who wrote them, atleast when it comes to the covers etc. When it comes to the Sisters song's those I'm not sure about is also listed with "?" after Andrew Eldritch. Maybe someone out there have more information about these - like Gift and SSV songs? :D
_emma_
Overbomber

Wow, you have some photos there that I didn't have before. :eek: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Thank you!
Patti82

You're very welcome _emma_ :)

I was wondering something, do any of you get a strange view of this webpage? I checked it at work (they use a very old version of Internet Explorer) it doesn't show up properly. The links so be on the left and right of the image and with IE that I checked with it was left and underneath - anyone else have this problem?
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Nice! Keep up the excellent work! :notworthy:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Patti82

Thanks - I sure will try :) But remember I need some help here and there :)
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Patti82 wrote:Also, most of my "copyright text" are REALLY bad, but since I'm not English I don't really know how to phrase them to make them sound good so if anyone have any suggestions please let me know.
Do you mean the "All lyrics are the property and copyright of their respective rights holders, and they are provided just for study purpose." bit? The phrasing is fine, it was more the fact that it didn't actually credit anyone that worried me. But now you've added individual credits so that covers it. And your English is good enough that I keep forgetting you're not a native speaker.
Patti82 wrote:It has now been added some copyrights on every song. However, some are with "?" since I'm not sure who wrote them, atleast when it comes to the covers etc. When it comes to the Sisters song's those I'm not sure about is also listed with "?" after Andrew Eldritch. Maybe someone out there have more information about these - like Gift and SSV songs? :D
I know that the credit on the record suggests that Eldritch wrote the music for Blood Money and Hussey the lyrics but, as the lyrics are in Postcards From Above The Chemist, I reckon that Eldritch must have written them and the record has the names the wrong way around. (After all, Poison Door isn't in Postcards.) The expanded FALAA CD says that all lyrics except Poison Door are by Eldritch and Blood Money's on it.

All of the Sisterhood songs are credited solely to Eldritch, as is The Damage Done.

According to the official site, the SSV stuff was written by P. Bellendir (music) and T. Schroeder (words). Eldritch didn't write anything, he just did the vocals.

Gary Marx wrote the music for FALAA, not Craig Adams.

Wayne did write all of Garden Of Delight.

Some of the more recent unreleased songs probably feature music by Chris Catalyst and Ben Christo but I don't think there's been any confirmation of which ones yet. (Although I'd put money on Arms.)

Kylie's surname is spelled "Minogue" (only one "u").

"He's Got The Whole World In His Hands" is a traditional spiritual hymn and the writer is unknown. In such cases it's usual to put "trad." (short for "traditional" in place of a writer's name.

Sister Ray - lyrics by Lou Reed, music by John Cale, Sterling Morrison, Maureen Tucker, Lou Reed.

Hope that's helpful.
Patti82

stufarq wrote:
Patti82 wrote:Also, most of my "copyright text" are REALLY bad, but since I'm not English I don't really know how to phrase them to make them sound good so if anyone have any suggestions please let me know.
Do you mean the "All lyrics are the property and copyright of their respective rights holders, and they are provided just for study purpose." bit? The phrasing is fine, it was more the fact that it didn't actually credit anyone that worried me. But now you've added individual credits so that covers it. And your English is good enough that I keep forgetting you're not a native speaker.
Actually, that one I took from one of the many lyric pages out there :) I was more thinking about "Everything on this page is for reference only. All pictures are copyrighted to the recordlabel/The Sisters Of Mercy that first published it and/or the recordlabel/The Sisters Of Mercy that owns the rights at present date." This one is from official releases and I have no idea how to phrase it correctly :)
stufarq wrote: I know that the credit on the record suggests that Eldritch wrote the music for Blood Money and Hussey the lyrics but, as the lyrics are in Postcards From Above The Chemist, I reckon that Eldritch must have written them and the record has the names the wrong way around. (After all, Poison Door isn't in Postcards.) The expanded FALAA CD says that all lyrics except Poison Door are by Eldritch and Blood Money's on it.

All of the Sisterhood songs are credited solely to Eldritch, as is The Damage Done.

According to the official site, the SSV stuff was written by P. Bellendir (music) and T. Schroeder (words). Eldritch didn't write anything, he just did the vocals.

Gary Marx wrote the music for FALAA, not Craig Adams.

Wayne did write all of Garden Of Delight.

Some of the more recent unreleased songs probably feature music by Chris Catalyst and Ben Christo but I don't think there's been any confirmation of which ones yet. (Although I'd put money on Arms.)

Kylie's surname is spelled "Minogue" (only one "u").

"He's Got The Whole World In His Hands" is a traditional spiritual hymn and the writer is unknown. In such cases it's usual to put "trad." (short for "traditional" in place of a writer's name.

Sister Ray - lyrics by Lou Reed, music by John Cale, Sterling Morrison, Maureen Tucker, Lou Reed.

Hope that's helpful.
Thank you! :notworthy: :notworthy: I will update the page when I get back from work today. I just wanted to add something and I did it early in the morning so I know some mistakes where made :) But at least it's there..

Also I don't really know what to put on Louie, Louie. Some sources lists Motörhead as it's creator but from what I could find, that one is a cover. Of course Andrew could have heard their version and therefrom gotten his idea to make a cover... But should I put Richard Berry as the creator?
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Patti82 wrote:Also I don't really know what to put on Louie, Louie. Some sources lists Motörhead as it's creator but from what I could find, that one is a cover. Of course Andrew could have heard their version and therefrom gotten his idea to make a cover... But should I put Richard Berry as the creator?
You should ... see http://sisterswiki.org/Louie_Louie
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

they will have been inspired by the Kingsmen version (the first to have the louie louie sound)

there are numerous mistakes, but it's a cracking idea and coming on great. well done you :notworthy: :notworthy:

this site (a rip of the 'happening' version), but with updates, is great. especially for early info).

http://mitglied.lycos.de/sisterslive/rechts.html

good luck :D
Goths have feelings too
methadrine
Road Kill

This was indeed a nice surprise. Bookmarked as the definite site to get quick sisters info from.

(och döm om min förvåning då jag såg att det var en svensk domän... ;))
Stating the bloody obvious since... well, forever.
Patti82

Thank you :) I hope I will get it all together as well as I have it in my mind :)

(Jasså, varför då?)
Patti82

paint it black wrote:they will have been inspired by the Kingsmen version (the first to have the louie louie sound)

there are numerous mistakes, but it's a cracking idea and coming on great. well done you :notworthy: :notworthy:

this site (a rip of the 'happening' version), but with updates, is great. especially for early info).

http://mitglied.lycos.de/sisterslive/rechts.html

good luck :D
What mistakes have you found? Let me know so I can fix it :)

Thanks, I will look through the link you gave me to see if there is anything different there than what is listed on the Ultimate Resource Guide...