Clocks Go Back UK Stylee

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

We iz all in bedz 4 longer (UK)
Tick, Tock...clocks go back

Just a quick reminder for you all that the clocks go back this weekend, so we all get an extra hour in bed!

As the UK will be on BST (British Summer Time), our clocks officially go back at 2 am, this Sunday 25 October.
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Silver_Owl
The Don

Word homes.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

I f**king hate winter.
Four strings good, six strings bad
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Shifting the clocks backwards and forwards for the sake of "daylight savings" is like trying to make a piece of string longer by cutting off one end and tying it to the other.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

An extra dream.
Yay!
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pat
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote:An extra dream.
Yay!
I think this is the only +ve comment I've ever heard about the clocks going forward or back an hour :lol: It'll be nice to have my extra dream in bed rather than a couple of chairs pushed together at work :innocent:
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Norman Hunter wrote:I f**king hate winter.
Yeah me too!
markfiend wrote:Shifting the clocks backwards and forwards for the sake of "daylight savings" is like trying to make a piece of string longer by cutting off one end and tying it to the other.
Thus making the piece of string a bit shorter because there's a piece missing in the tie!?
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

MadameButterfly wrote:
markfiend wrote:Shifting the clocks backwards and forwards for the sake of "daylight savings" is like trying to make a piece of string longer by cutting off one end and tying it to the other.
Thus making the piece of string a bit shorter because there's a piece missing in the tie!?
Exactly Debs! Because we all end up knackered getting up at the wrong time and so forth.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

markfiend wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:
Exactly Debs! Because we all end up knackered getting up at the wrong time and so forth.
No. We just get to work an hour before anyone else.
:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Pista wrote:
markfiend wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote: Thus making the piece of string a bit shorter because there's a piece missing in the tie!?
No. We just get to work an hour before anyone else.
No it's like Mark says, we have to get up at ungodly hours in the cold and dark in the mornings and then the day ends soo quickly too as those cold and dark evenings set in! And Pista that doesn't count for all over the world! Some people are still getting up much earlier than you are ... at least they're at work whilst you are still getting up! :wink:
that ongoing eternity
Pista
Cureboi

More fool them.
;D :wink:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Pista wrote:More fool them.
;D :wink:
Nothing fool them, they never change time!
that ongoing eternity
Pista
Cureboi

I should move there then.
I have 13 watches to change tomorrow.
:?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Pista wrote:I should move there then.
It's a beautiful country! 8)
13 watches! :eek: No one likes a show-off in these parts sir! Better get up a hour earlier to get them all set on time! ;D
that ongoing eternity
Pista
Cureboi

MadameButterfly wrote:
Pista wrote:I should move there then.
It's a beautiful country! 8)
13 watches! :eek: No one likes a show-off in these parts sir! Better get up a hour earlier to get them all set on time! ;D
Lol.
:P
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

MadameButterfly wrote:No it's like Mark says, we have to get up at ungodly hours in the cold and dark in the mornings and then the day ends soo quickly too as those cold and dark evenings set in!
Not because of Daylight Saving. The clocks go back to Standard Time so we'd be getting up at this time anyway because these are the hours without DST. The day is shorter because of winter not DST.
Pat wrote:I think this is the only +ve comment I've ever heard about the clocks going forward or back an hour
There are pros and cons depending on your point of view and especially which industry you work in. It's good for retailers, sports and tourism but bad for agriculture and entertainment. Multiple studies have shown reductions in traffic accidents during DST but it disrupts sleep patterns. And so on.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

stufarq wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:No it's like Mark says, we have to get up at ungodly hours in the cold and dark in the mornings and then the day ends soo quickly too as those cold and dark evenings set in!
Not because of Daylight Saving. The clocks go back to Standard Time so we'd be getting up at this time anyway because these are the hours without DST. The day is shorter because of winter not DST.
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming DST I'm blaming winter which I hate! Please note that I lived in a country where we didn't have time changes so never had to worry about DST. All it really means is we go back to normal time like the Dutch news is telling me although that makes my natural DST all weirded out as that brings new year for me at 23h00 as my natural born clock says so! In summer time I'm on my natural DST time as is Holland!
that ongoing eternity
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

this means I will be falling asleep at around 9 pm already. and it's getting darker. bring on the wine
Pista
Cureboi

Nay.
Bring on the vodka.
Oh, there's none left :|

Bl00dy cat!
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Big Si
School Bully

Pista wrote:Nay.
Bring on the vodka.

Bl00dy cat!
Sounds like it's a Simon's Cat :wink:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Fooking load of shite for those of us that were working a night shift :evil: :evil:

Found out at 1am that the clocks were going to go back and that my shift would still end at 6am regardless - worst hour ever.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
Pista
Cureboi

Big Si wrote:
Pista wrote:Nay.
Bring on the vodka.

Bl00dy cat!
Sounds like it's a Simon's Cat :wink:

Want it back then?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

And guess who forgot to put his clock back last night, and turned up at Morrison's before it opened this morning :oops:
—Bertrand Russell
mh
Above the Chemist

I don't mind this one so much cos I'm back to my natural sleep pattern. Summer time is murder.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Selena
Amphetamine Filth

Agree!