New user saying Hello

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Garbageman
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Welcome to the world of misfits
Like pushing a marsmallow into a piggy bank
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

greetings form P(h)oland and welcome.
Shadow_Smile
Uw voeten stinken

Not new, but it;s nice to say HELLOOOOOOOOOOOW !!!
I was quite impressed until I hit the floor,.....Isn’t that what friends are for ?
Debaser
Overbomber

Allo and welcome :D
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Big Si wrote:20 replies and nobody has asked the obligatory questions? :eek:

1. With Beard or without?

2. Which Album, and why?

3. Gary Marx or Jerry Wayne Lovelock? :innocent:

4. And finally the one question to which the answer will either make you very welcome here, or be sent to stand in the corner with Izzy HaveMercy - "You Could be The One....." :wink:

:D
Heartland Initiation? You evil man! :lol:

Welcome aboard, D. I moved to your old city a couple of years ago, and love it dearly. :notworthy:
Leodiensian in USA
Road Kill

Wow, thanks for the welcome guys.

Big Si.... OK I'll give the "initiation" a go ;)

1. With the short died black hair and the white suit, I really liked the beard, (thinking back to the appearance on ToTP and the video for Dominion.

I prefer the clean shaven look on the whole though - especially with the long hair, died blond, or more recent no hair on Andrew. I'd imagine a beard with any of those looks would look daft on him, but Andrew looks great with the Dominion video "Man from Delmonte" type look.

2. I'll ignore the EP collection - Some Girls Wander By Mistake, or the unoffical releases as they cover too long a time period to be classed as albums.

It's a touch choice as I love Floodland, but out of the three main releases I'd have to say "First and Last And Always" is my favourite album primarily because it grabs and doesn't let go. Whereas Floodland was more varied and progressive, (and had the lovely Patricia), FaLaA locks you in for the duration and is perhaps more autobiographical or rather from the heart, (despite 1959 on Floodland). There's not a bad song on the album, (not that there was on Floodland either). Plus, songs like the title track is always one of the songs I want to hear when I see them live, (although I love the recent version of Lucretia they've been playing too).

I don't know if it was because it was the FaLaA album and the prior EP's that originally got me into the Sisters so it always has a special place, or just the fact it's a crackingly good album, but there you go.

I do like the third album, but that doesn't come close to the first two for me despite some great songs, and definitely at least one song that would make my shortlist for a favourite in "Ribbons".

3. Gary Marx. Plus I loved Ghostdance...ALTHOUGH...
I feel like apologising, but I did like Jerry/Wayne's m*****n although gave up after the Carved in Sand (fourth I think) album. The first four albums still occasionally get dusted off for a listen - God's Own Medicine was my favourite, although their version of "Like a Hurricane" on the first album is still stunning to me, (I prefer it to the original Neil Young version.)

4. Straight over my head I'm afraid..!

_____
Last edited by Leodiensian in USA on 06 Nov 2009, 00:18, edited 2 times in total.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Awww....bless you Leodiensian in USA or D :notworthy:

These people are insane. There is NO initiation on HL well...not really! :wink:

As far as I'm concerned you have passed with an A+ so just enjoy the forum and if you like "You Could Be The One" you will be placed in an appreciation society, although there is no aprreciation society as we do not talk about it but those in it know about it.

Now enjoy the HL ride!
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Leodiensian in USA
Road Kill

MadameButterfly wrote:Awww....bless you Leodiensian in USA or D :notworthy:

These people are insane. There is NO initiation on HL well...not really! :wink:

As far as I'm concerned you have passed with an A+ so just enjoy the forum and if you like "You Could Be The One" you will be placed in an appreciation society, although there is no aprreciation society as we do not talk about it but those in it know about it.

Now enjoy the HL ride!
Ah, got you now about "You Could Be One"! I never brought that with me when I moved to the USA as the More single I bought was the CD version, but in a ridiculously large gatefold Vinyl type sleeve so it got stuffed in with all my old vinyl that I stored at my mums in Headingley. :)

I haven't heard that song in years, but remember I did in fact like it apart from the chorus - the "Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey..." bit was a bit cringeworthy I recall! :)
Last edited by Leodiensian in USA on 06 Nov 2009, 00:25, edited 2 times in total.
Shadow_Smile
Uw voeten stinken

MadameButterfly wrote: These people are insane. There is NO initiation on HL well...not really! :wink:
:innocent:

and if you ever forget your socks, during a HL meeting,............. :roll:
I was quite impressed until I hit the floor,.....Isn’t that what friends are for ?
Leodiensian in USA
Road Kill

Damn, got it stuck in my head now...
Leodiensian in USA
Road Kill

markfiend wrote:
Leodiensian in USA wrote:The FotN at Leeds Uni
1990? On the Elizium tour? I was there.

Also at plenty of goff shows at the Duchess in the early 90s, and I virtually lived at the Phono from 1990 to about 93. Probably bumped into you at one time or another. 8)
Yeah that was the Nephilim gig! Utterly fantastic show, still memorable to this day.
nodubmanshouts
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Mmmm, Did you go to Leeds Girls Grammar, Leodiensian?

(sorry! Couldn't resist googling the name!)
Leodiensian in USA
Road Kill

nodubmanshouts wrote:Mmmm, Did you go to Leeds Girls Grammar, Leodiensian?

(sorry! Couldn't resist googling the name!)
er...no. I'm male.

Leodiensian just means someone from Leeds!

(I went to Lawnswood by the way. The proper Lawnswood before it got knocked down and replaced with a flat pack building.)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Leodiensian in USA wrote:Yeah that was the Nephilim gig! Utterly fantastic show, still memorable to this day.
Indeed. Might not be the best gig I've ever been to, but it's certainly in the top few.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Leodiensian in USA wrote: Ah, got you now about "You Could Be One"! I never brought that with me when I moved to the USA as the More single I bought was the CD version, but in a ridiculously large gatefold Vinyl type sleeve so it got stuffed in with all my old vinyl that I stored at my mums in Headingley. :)
Hee! Yeah I've also got that one, the More single bought as a CD version in the ridiculously large sleeve! 8)
Leodiensian in USA wrote:I haven't heard that song in years, but remember I did in fact like it apart from the chorus - the "Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey..." bit was a bit cringeworthy I recall! :)

No, no, the chorus part goes "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah...." ;D
But you like it and that's all that matters really!
that ongoing eternity
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Shadow_Smile wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote: These people are insane. There is NO initiation on HL well...not really! :wink:

:lol: that's your own fault though and didn't you get them sent back to you or something?

Most people forget something or lose something at the HL meets! :P
that ongoing eternity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

People forget their names and addresses, people lose the plot :innocent:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

I almost lost my husband, looked after strange but delightful punk men with huge boots that don't fit in the taxi properly :innocent:
that ongoing eternity
Shadow_Smile
Uw voeten stinken

MadameButterfly wrote:
Shadow_Smile wrote:

:lol: that's your own fault though and didn't you get them sent back to you or something?

Most people forget something or lose something at the HL meets! :P
There still somewhere in "Burns" place :eek:
christophe
Overbomber

hallow

and yeah, even I lost something during a HL meeting :roll: :|
Another Shade of You.
bodydyslexic
Road Kill

another newb saying hello...so,erm.... hello 8)
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

bodydyslexic wrote:another newb saying hello...so,erm.... hello 8)
shouldn't that be "hlleo" or somesuch? ;D

and hello back, btw 8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
bodydyslexic
Road Kill

:lol: thought i'd give to you on a plate- sucking up to the administrator on the first post!! :innocent:
James Blast
Banned

Leodiensian in USA wrote:"You Could Be One"! I never brought that with me when I moved to the USA
Epic FAIL! ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Wotcha 8)
—Bertrand Russell