Grrrrrrrrrrr

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Henry!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
The Chancer Corporation
Druide
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

abridged wrote:Henry!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
I'm french and i agree.... :(

Sorry...
Andie
Overbomber

The Irish defence is breached and it's Gallas who turns the ball in from close range. The Irish are incensed as it's a clear handball, not once but twice from Henry shortly before he flicks the ball across for Gallas. It's a shocker.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Just before that they should have earned a penalty kick.
I guess FIFA prefers the French. :evil:

Great fight Ireland! :notworthy:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Worse still is Henry admitting to it afterwards, then deflecting the blame onto the referee :evil:

I used to like Henry. I remember when he single-handedly destroyed Leeds in one game, scoring four in a 1-5 defeat. Now? Lost all respect.
Four strings good, six strings bad
abridged
Slight Overbomber

It's a shame, not only because Ireland don't get to go to the world cup but also because Henry who in his prime was a great player will now be only remembered for cheating. Am expecting no comment at all from FIFA of course.
The Chancer Corporation
abridged
Slight Overbomber

I'm french and i agree....

Sorry...

No worries, it's only Henry and the officials to blame! What is it with Scandanavian referees? I'm sure there are good ones. Just not on FIFA's books. As a Chelsea fan and Irish am doubly paranoid! ;D
The Chancer Corporation
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

What?

Oh. Foopball.

As you were.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

to be fair to henry, you're not going to say "oh, hold on! i handballed that! sorry guys..." when there's so much at stake, are you? :lol:

and i noticed that after the match his celebrations were very muted. he knew he'd done wrong and that france didn't deserve that win.

my respect for him was partially restored when he went over to richard dunne after the whistle, sat down next to him and chatted to him. it was all very civilised and henry's body language suggested he was being apologetic and consolatory. and then when he stood up, he offered dunne a hand getting up and gave him a hug, and they walked off together.

not a nice way to go, but that's footy innit? :(
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

I was going to say the same thing. this is football people. s**t happens. life is not fair. once the World Cup is under way, we will all forget about it and concentrate on other mistakes.

also when it is THAT close to deciding, it can go either way, just like the penalty kicks.

Ireland should have taken those two great chances they had and then this would not even be a discussion.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

You're right of course, it is only football and yeah if Ireland had have taken their chances...But that's the beauty of football, music, art and I guess life in general in that it stirs the passions. Otherwise we'd all be very dull...and I guess their wouldn't be a HL forum!
The Chancer Corporation
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

oh I'm not complaing I luuuuv my football and I look forward to the WC discussions next year. why dobn't we discuss how bad Hungary played aaginst Belgium in that friendly? but just you people wait! our U-20s and U-17 are coming up and will take over the world. really:)
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

sziamiau wrote:but just you people wait! our U-20s and U-17 are coming up and will take over the world. really:)
we're already signing half of hungary's U-20s and U-17s :lol:

not entirely sure why though ;D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Ah looking forward to it! Maybe Chelsea can sign a few of them! ;D The WC debate should be fun though of course there'll be a few Chelsea misadventures in Europe with officialdom before hand though no doubt! ;D Imagine if Drogba had been Irish though! :eek:
The Chancer Corporation
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

sziamiau wrote:I was going to say the same thing. this is football people. s**t happens.
True 100% but it always seems to happen to "small" countries.

The whole system of the play offs was a joke. France, Portugal protected not to play each other. :urff:
"as we walk on the floodland"
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

@ Ozpat as you can imagine I was certainly not happy what Portugal did and Sweden did not deserve to go through, which they didn't of course. our group was horrible and then the hungarian media went crazy that we could actually make it.
@ abridged I can't wait myself and already trying to arrange work to be less hectic around that time. Drogba does not fly with me though, however I would have enjoyed seeing him taking half the French team down if he were Irish.

@ Quiff Boy seriously though the boys are pretty good. certainly showing more presence on international scale then the team now.
mh
Above the Chemist

I must admit I didn't even bother watching it. I always knew we were gonna get trounced, it was just really a question of by how much. :lol:

In fairness to Henry, he has come clean about it: http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/ ... 48086.html
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

irish fa have asked for a replay.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
darkparticle
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

you're not going to say "oh, hold on! i handballed that! sorry guys..."
funny you also mentioning the blades Quiffy.

I played goal for Everton community squad in the 90's and took on the blades at goodison - got trashed as it happens

I followed the rules to the letter and had to head the ball out of my area as one of our team had the las touch...I got soo much stick at half time for creating a moment.

There's playing to win which isn't the same as playing to not lose
People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.

- Soren Aabye Kierkegaard
abridged
Slight Overbomber

I know there's no chance of FIFA granting a replay but maybe the French Football Federation should. Didn't Aresenal and Sheff Utd replay a few years ago? Then if France won fair and square fair enough and they wouldn't be embarrassed as they are now! Ah I can only dream methinks!
The Chancer Corporation