HL Meet - possible scenarios discussed HERE

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
christophe
Overbomber

radiojamaica wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Our man Christophe had a nice proposition to make, tho, gig-wise.
These guys? :D
Would be superb!
great minds think alike :wink:
Another Shade of You.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

christophe wrote:
radiojamaica wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Our man Christophe had a nice proposition to make, tho, gig-wise.
Would be superb!
great minds think alike :wink:
ARF!!! Get your arse in here please! :wink:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Erse in here. But methinks other body parts might be more suited... ;)
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Ahráyeph wrote:Erse in here. But methinks other body parts might be more suited... ;)
HEAD to start with ;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Ahráyeph wrote:Erse in here. But methinks other body parts might be more suited... ;)
HEAD to start with ;D

IZ.
All of you please! *giggles*
that ongoing eternity
Andie
Overbomber

radiojamaica wrote:
Would be superb!

Call me devious...but if you could get your guys...and add My Guys we could have one hell of a night
:innocent:

I've e-mailed my guys already...
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Right, so we have little workers sending emails to bands to Tribute to this evening and it involves 2 others!

Let's keep in mind FGG & ARF may not be playing, unless I get a guitar amp into me! :eek:

Listen peeps, this might go really big if it's ok'ed and then to another message board...god bless our souls....

We'll keep you informed though.

Helping hand
MB :wink:
that ongoing eternity
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

See working together as the HL effect begins...:notworthy:

I bid thee goodnight, I'm tired and my pillow is calling me...

See you tomorrow for more talks!

:kiss:
that ongoing eternity
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Right, what can be done to guarantee a gig-with-afterparty during the Lowlands Meet of 12-13-14/03?

Well, FGG are out, as everyone knows. Which leaves Ahráyeph (basically me, some 'ghost musicians', and a laptop for drums and other weird noises) and, if I read this thread correctly, Andie's band. Then there's this Antwerp TSOM cover band called Body Electric that Christophe told me about.

The venue I had in mind is too big for nobodies like us - thanks for pointing that out IZ (the big venue, not the nobodies thing, in case anyone suspects IZ of cynicism; that's my department), but there is an alternative right outside the city centre, a 20 - 30 minute walk from the Industrie Hotel and its adjacent competitors and 30 - 40 minutes walk from the city center (depending on state of inhebriation, of course). It's called SoJo, it's a youth centre that holds a maximum of 150 people and has a stage suited for most four member rock bands. Even has a backstage that leads onto the stage. Nick Olivieri's band, Mondo Generator played there once, so if it's ok for Nick, it's ok for most of us, methinks.

Debs, Ahráyeph would definitely be playing - I'm the idiot behind this daft plan, after all. But as I told you in a private conversation, I would like to stick with a maximum of two bands to keep the organisation to a minimum. Why? Because I'd be doing it all by my lonesome. I have to book the venue, get funds, book a P.A. (w/sound and light tech), organise bar staff, book a decent DJ to entertain you after the gigs, calculate all that into a low enough admission fee to offer you a top nite out that doesn't have you send out loan applications while not sending me broke at the same time and hopefully still have some male pattern baldness instead of a flesh coloured billiard ball on my head to speak of by the time March 13th rolls around. Not to mention the fact I'd be DJ'ing the night before when drinks and fun are being had at 33. Oh yeah, that and the inevitable paper work, which is something I'm BAD at. Not just bad, but BAD.

So, more than two bands is really, really out of the question as far as I'm concerned, because the bigger it gets, the more I'll lose sight. I'm a musician who had the insane idea of organising something that gets HL together again while being ill equipped for the job by lacking proper organisational skills, not an organiser who knows what the hell he's doing and happens to play music on the side. Please bear this in mind when putting forth ideas. You will thank me later...

Anyway, I've mailed the venue and asked for info and whether I could option it for 13/03. I will need definite confirmation of how this will come to pass in its definite form by Wednesday at the latest. Otherwise, I can kiss application for funding goodbye and the whole idea will be out the door quicker than a cop who just saw a person walk past the police station with a donut in their hand....
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Thanks Ahráyeph!! So that's it in a nutshell.

Friday ~ 12/03 ~ drinks and deejay RAF @ 33
Saturday ~ 13/03 ~ Band night @ SoJo Youth Centre
* Ahráyeph
* Body Electric (christophe's idea)
* PURE KULT (Andie's idea)
Sunday ~ 14/03 ~ Sightseeing, yoga and whatever tickles your fancy!

Obviously we are waiting to see if the other two bands are interested to do it and of course to get answers in by Wednesday!

Also it's NOT a daft plan, I'm warming up to it....
:wink: :D
that ongoing eternity
paul
Overbomber

... mmm, our music doesn't seem to fit in the g*ff setup ;-)
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Ah, but I'm becomic quite the cynic (Cynic Rulez!) myself lately, or so I'm told ;D

Nah, I'm just being realistic. I organized the odd two-band evenings in my younger days, and I was always surprised about the WORK that comes with it.

ARF, can't you do something in the Labozaal at 't STUK, for example? It is a nice venue for 100 or so people, dunno about availability and stuff, or if you need to be a VZW and all that...

Otherwise peeps, you still can do it on Feb 20, come to Lier Moevement, there will be a Back To Roots-party there, no fuss about organizing, it is already THERE :)

And some of you know the Moevement already so no searching for venues and all ;) it is even the same DJ team as the FGG-night some years ago. ;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

paul wrote:... mmm, our music doesn't seem to fit in the g*ff setup ;-)
Oh god sorry Paul! :oops:
that ongoing eternity
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Izzy HaveMercy wrote: ARF, can't you do something in the Labozaal at 't STUK, for example? It is a nice venue for 100 or so people, dunno about availability and stuff, or if you need to be a VZW and all that...
Wait, wait, wait, please let's first see if SoJo is available as that's where ARF is concentrating on at the moment! We don't need him stressing about this.
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Otherwise peeps, you still can do it on Feb 20, come to Lier Moevement, there will be a Back To Roots-party there, no fuss about organizing, it is already THERE :)

And some of you know the Moevement already so no searching for venues and all ;) it is even the same DJ team as the FGG-night some years ago. ;D

IZ.
That's very sweet of you IZ! Just one question though, will YOU be attending the 13/03 thingy then? And sam? That's what I need to know!
:D
that ongoing eternity
paul
Overbomber

MadameButterfly wrote: Oh god sorry Paul! :oops:
Just kidding, no worries :wink:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

SoJo's an excellent idea. Saw White Hills there and it looked more than suitable to me 8)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Well people of HL, sorry to disturb your evening but the news on this thread is it's NOT going to happen. Sorry to disappoint some of you that were actually planning on going, but all I can offer you as author of this thread is......
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Otherwise peeps, you still can do it on Feb 20, come to Lier Moevement, there will be a Back To Roots-party there, no fuss about organizing, it is already THERE :)

And some of you know the Moevement already so no searching for venues and all :wink: it is even the same DJ team as the FGG-night some years ago. ;D
I was at one of these some years ago and it turned out to be a puuurfect evening! :wink:

MODS please just let everyone have a chance to read this and then if you want you can bin it. Ta.

MB
that ongoing eternity
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Also Andie and christophe...thanks for your input boys! It would have been a wonderful evening if it all had worked out.

:notworthy: :notworthy:
that ongoing eternity
James Blast
Banned

well I never?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
christophe
Overbomber

people don't let this down so soon.
I really like this Back to Roots Idea.
IZ when is the next one? maybe we can do a BtR /myHL thingy.
they do the party, we suply the bands. ? I don't know jack about financing a thing like this but it can't be as expensive as a gig in depot...?

I presume next one would be late around spring?
this would give us a little more time to work on it, contact bands, order plane tickets ... :wink:
Another Shade of You.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

20 Feb I believe...
that ongoing eternity
christophe
Overbomber

MadameButterfly wrote:20 Feb I believe...
yes, but the next :wink:
Another Shade of You.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

christophe wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:20 Feb I believe...
yes, but the next :wink:
Oh HL do? Probably 2012 just for the fun of it!
that ongoing eternity
James Blast
Banned

my evil twin made me do this...

;D
Last edited by James Blast on 08 Dec 2009, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Oh FUCKITY f**k, I now hear Pure Kult could do it too!

Andie, they can come to my birthday party if they want to! :wink: :twisted:
that ongoing eternity