Killing In The Name Of. Christmas No 1!!!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
WeirdSinisterGhostly
Road Kill

I only just found this out.

There's been a campaign to stop the X factor winner getting the Christmas No 1 by getting Rage Against The Machine's Killing In The Name Of to the top spot.

I think this is hilarious.

Apparently, for it to count for the Christmas No 1, you need to buy it after December 13th.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicbl ... istmas-no1
James Blast
Banned

The "Hey everyone, let's all buy Rage Against The Machine" campaign is pathetic (one flock of sheep facing off against another).
As is often the case, Popjustice have the right attitude.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Andie
Overbomber

There's a nice little Facebook page for this

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/grou ... 2228594104

have a laugh...It's Christmas after all :D :lol:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

James Blast wrote:The "Hey everyone, let's all buy Rage Against The Machine" campaign is pathetic (one flock of sheep facing off against another).
:notworthy: i luv ya bro :kiss:
James Blast
Banned

Snookins! :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

James Blast wrote:The "Hey everyone, let's all buy Rage Against The Machine" campaign is pathetic (one flock of sheep facing off against another).
Agreed. How is this campaign better than X Factor? Christmas no 1 (as if it really matters) is the record that happens to have sold the most copies during that week. An orchestrated campaign misses the point and overinflates its importance, especially if the people involved wouldn't have considered buying the RATM track otherwise. The fact that some people don't like X Factor doesn't make it wrong for others to and if that means that they buy its Christmas record then so be it. Life will, miraculously, go on. Buy the records you enjoy, not the ones that someone tells you to buy - whether that someone be Simon Cowell or Jon and Tracy Morter.
James Blast
Banned

then... there's always just getting on with your life and this charade not showing up on your radar

what I posted was from another forum (I don't have such original thoughts) the whole thing is over my head and behind my back, I only replied because I had seen people 'losing thi heid' over it elsewhere - "Frankly Scarlet, I couldn't give a damn"

I don't watch that sort of telly... not when I've Mythbusters on tap! :D
~ Peter Steele
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

It's barely on my radar either. It doesn't actually bother me, I just think it's silly. My previous post may not come over with the intended amount of sarcasm and bemused head-shaking.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

As much as I hate X Factor, I hate RATM equally. As I put on Face Book, I'm totally all for pissing off the X Factor. Xmas number one is as predicable today as it was years ago when it was always Cliff f**king Richard. I just can't justify spending even a penny on Rage Against The Machine. They're just too wank. Take comfort though in the fact that who-ever wins will be doing a book signing next year and will end up being punched in the head by someone with special needs. Probably me.
Only a paand.
mh
Above the Chemist

Mrs RicheyJames wrote:As much as I hate X Factor, I hate RATM equally.
Wot she said. :notworthy:

If it had been Spiritualized on the other hand....... :innocent:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

tis the season...

anyone heard this?

Goths have feelings too
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Goths have feelings too
James Blast
Banned

nah, it's pish and I was a big fan of Al, in fact I just d/l Keys to the City and I'm Not Gay from iToonez but that was rubbish :|

thanks for the linky I'm diggin' End of Days pt.2
~ Peter Steele
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Really, there is only one response to this campaign:

"Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me!"
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
James Blast
Banned

rage against my Mom and Dad, wee shower of wankers - NEXT!
~ Peter Steele
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

I think the irony of my post might have been lost there... :?
James Blast
Banned

Good! :lol:
~ Peter Steele
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Erudite wrote:I think the irony of my post might have been lost there... :?
not on me!
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Silver_Owl
The Don

I like RATM. :|
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Hom_Corleone wrote:I like RATM. :|
As is your right.

They could be urging everyone to buy Temple Of Love 92 and I'd still feel the same way.

It just seems rather pointless. :|
Silver_Owl
The Don

Erudite wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:I like RATM. :|
As is your right.

They could be urging everyone to buy Temple Of Love 92 and I'd still feel the same way.

It just seems rather pointless. :|
Agreed 100%.
I just thought I'd get in the RATM corner as they seemed undefended. ;D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

S'ok. They're at home telling their Mum and Dad on us.
Only a paand.
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Now this would make a FAR better Christmas no.1

If this dont bring a tear to your eye this Christmas then you're officially a miserable goth bastard :lol:

The Lancashire Hotpots Christmas single

Buy it, you turkey necks 8)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Rumour has it that Simon Cowell has bought the publishing rights to Rage Against The (Washing) Machine's back catalogue and is behind this campaign.

It's win-win for him whatever!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
James Blast
Banned

khuntbubblemcscoosh

sorry, just the first thing that popped intae ma heid
~ Peter Steele