Killing In The Name Of. Christmas No 1!!!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Pat wrote:I'd rather donate my spare change to some wino that would put it to better use.
Aye, grant you that, but to be fair RATM are giving all the proceeds to Shelter.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

Just read this
http://www.laurenbravo.blogspot.com/

Sums it up nicely I think.
I don’t like Rage Against the Machine.

They’re the level I really can’t do on Guitar Hero.
:lol: :notworthy: :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
GC
Slight Overbomber

That said and done. Fan of Rage or not this is quite funny. Especially when you consider the song that is now the Christmas No1.

Bah Humbug to all critics..
GC
Slight Overbomber

boudicca wrote:
James Blast wrote:let me clarify: RATm are not as bad as the Red Hot Chili Crappers, but very close...
RHCP is music for people who don't like music.
Like Terry Prachett books for people who don 't like to read.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

and seriously won on this this whoever from whaterever tv woting show and as we see homless people (and for this kudos have to go to RATM). this whoever from whatever etc. probaly didn't achieve the level of sold song/singles level of popularity of his name. as we know for quite a long won on this also Sony miusic.
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

I've always thought of Coldplay as music for people that don't like music.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Maisey wrote:I've always thought of Coldplay as music for people that don't like music.
Nearly. Coldplay is music for people who hate music.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

For people who are too miserable to remember to hate it? :P
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

Gollum's Cock wrote:
boudicca wrote:
James Blast wrote:let me clarify: RATm are not as bad as the Red Hot Chili Crappers, but very close...
Well you've clearly never read Terry Prachett.

Katie Price and kerry Katona 'books' would fall in to that category. Not Terry Prachett ffs. His books aren't for everyone. I don't personally like fantasy novels, but there's no denying his talent. Jeez.
Only a paand.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Mrs RicheyJames wrote:
Gollum's Cock wrote:
boudicca wrote: RHCP is music for people who don't like music.

Katie Price and kerry Katona 'books' would fall in to that category. Not Terry Prachett ffs. His books aren't for everyone. I don't personally like fantasy novels, but there's no denying his talent. Jeez.
Agreed. I'd be interested to hear any arguments in support of your point of view, GC, because I think the man writes pure gold...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

you'll not hear any 'rational' arguments to support this opinion 'coz it's a matter of taste. like you can ask why someone don't like RHCP or/and RATM or/and Coldplay and etc. you just fell that you don't like something.
of course i could be wrong. but what he can say: 'nonsense' 'boring' or something like that. it makes you think that he's right ? i guess not.
Last edited by Bartek on 22 Dec 2009, 12:13, edited 1 time in total.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber
Location: Rick Astley's house. Trying to find out why he chooses to look like Timsinister.

I think you're missing the point.
Only a paand.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

it could be true. i'm saying that i'm right all the time.
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

Good point. Well made. Untrue though. Fail.
Only a paand.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

:lol:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Mrs RicheyJames wrote:Good point. Well made. Untrue though. Fail.
oi i see i forogot wrote ein very important word:

i'm NOT saying that i'm right all the time.

:lol:
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

I could not tell you who was number 1 at any point this year, pile of wank regardless of the month.
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
randdebiel²
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Gollum's Cock wrote:
boudicca wrote:
I have to disagree on that one, especially taking the last effort I read (Nation) which was very well written.
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

I've never liked Terry Pratchett's work either, and always considered his stuff to be the equivalent of insipid light entertainment.

Not that there's anything essentially wrong with light entertainment, but it's just not my preference for what I want to read.

But like Bartek said, it's all a matter of opinion - no one can prove that one piece of artwork/writing/music is objectively better than another because there's no objective test. I can't prove that the turgid prolefeed produced by X Factor goons isn't as good as The Sisters/RATM/Tchaikovsky/{INSERT BAND HERE} and neither can anyone else. I just happen to believe it.
GC
Slight Overbomber

timsinister wrote:
Mrs RicheyJames wrote:
Gollum's Cock wrote: Like Terry Prachett books for people who don 't like to read.

Agreed. I'd be interested to hear any arguments in support of your point of view, GC, because I think the man writes pure gold...

I read TCOM and Light Fantastic and thought them ok, but had no reason to pursue them further.
My point was that they were only read by people who don't like to read was born out of seeing only his books in some peoples
book cases and nothing else. These people were not that well 'read'. (only once person actually :innocent: )

It is of course only a matter of taste and I was of course only trying to eek out a reaction. I could not at all justify my answer with hard evidence

I by the way do like RHCP and am not that musical or a big fan of music.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i don't like terry pratchett's stuff much either. it's a bit - well, the jilly cooper of the fantasy world.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Mrs RicheyJames
Overbomber

:-O

Rubbish.
Only a paand.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

i knew why i shouldn't start discuss about this.