ThousandAndrews, Moakahontas, Robert P., Amy Eldritch

Updates on forum status, bug fixes, etc. If there's something new in here its probably a good idea that you read it.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The user known variously as ThousandAndrews, Moakahontas, Robert P., Amy Eldritch

Following lengthy discussion between the moderators and administrators, we have reluctantly decided to ban this user. It hasn't been an easy decision, but we feel that it will serve the good of HL as a whole.

To cut a long story short, she seems to think that she has had, or still has, a romantic attachment with Mr Eldritch. This relationship unfortunately appears to be a product solely of her own imagination. Her attempts to contact Mr E (both through this site and elsewhere) have led to our decision. We don't want any bad apples spoiling the lovely barrel that is HL.

This is a joint decision from all members of HL staff and not open to appeal.
_emma_
Overbomber

Ooooooops does that mean that if I keep thinking that in the pararel universe I have the romantic attachment with Mr Eldritch, you are going to ban me too? :?

:innocent:

No time for jokes, I know I'll better shut up. But honestly are you sure that these 4 usernames are all? :D
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

There's a big difference between you and her. :lol:

We can track users by IP address. And ban IP addresses. We can be relatively certain she won't be back.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Awww...I love you MOD & ADMIN people in charge! :notworthy: Well done boys, we don't need someone posting on here under sooo many user names or maybe it was one name matching a certain personality?

We have enough crazy normal people within our home anyway!
:wink: ;D
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
_emma_
Overbomber

But come on, this is not the worst that can happen on an internet forum. Somebody who registers under a couple of user names but can't be careful enough to change, or at least hide, birth dates, and/or change the style of writing is not the biggest threat imaginable, is it. In fact it's pretty harmless, although definitely confusing, pointless, and unfair. But I'm sure that other forums about stars "bigger" than The Sisters have much more really really worse cases, like for example people who register under several nicknames only to start flamewars with one another for fun. :lol:
But this is off topic, and not my business, so I'll leave now.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

the multiple usernames were the least of the problems, to be fair.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Are we sure she doesn't have an attachment mit Der Kommisar? Perhaps they've lost each others' email addresses and phone numbers? By banning her, preventing them from getting in touch, will we send Our Beloved Leader into a downward spiral of depression in which he spends his days with the curtains drawn, eating cold baked beans and ravioli out of the tin, playing Lemmings and blowing them all up because "what's the point?", and calling Leonard at all hours of the night blubbing down the phone about how miserable he is?

I mean, is it worth the risk? :lol:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:the multiple usernames were the least of the problems, to be fair.
Now that she's been banned can you post selected snippets from her emails? Providing us with a giggle is the least she can do :lol:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

EvilBastard wrote:Are we sure she doesn't have an attachment mit Der Kommisar? Perhaps they've lost each others' email addresses and phone numbers? By banning her, preventing them from getting in touch, will we send Our Beloved Leader into a downward spiral of depression in which he spends his days with the curtains drawn, eating cold baked beans and ravioli out of the tin, playing Lemmings and blowing them all up because "what's the point?", and calling Leonard at all hours of the night blubbing down the phone about how miserable he is?

I mean, is it worth the risk? :lol:
If that's the case, we might get a new album out of it! ;)
robertzombie
Overbomber

So which user was she emailing? :innocent:
_emma_
Overbomber

Sorry if I'm a spoilsport, and I really still do maintain that using multiple accounts is confusing, pointless, and unfair, and I don't even want to know what was the most of the problems :urff: , and I do believe that the ban was a good decision but - just a thought - 1. We are talking about a human being who is most probably still reading this all, 2. It's a fact whether one likes it or not that being a celebrity, even a niche type of celebrity, inolves journalists and paparazzis, enthusiasts, fans, and people who go madly crazy. If one truly hates it, one becomes an accountant or a skuba-diving instructor, not a rockstar.
Big Si
School Bully

_emma_ wrote:Sorry if I'm a spoilsport, and I really still do maintain that using multiple accounts is confusing, pointless, and unfair, and I don't even want to know what was the most of the problems :urff: , and I do believe that the ban was a good decision but - just a thought - 1. We are talking about a human being who is most probably still reading this all, 2. It's a fact whether one likes it or not that being a celebrity, even a niche type of celebrity, inolves journalists and paparazzis, enthusiasts, fans, and people who go madly crazy. If one truly hates it, one becomes an accountant or a skuba-diving instructor, not a rockstar.
But this is a fans forum, for fans to meet, communicate and discuss with other fans, not necessarily with members of the band. If the band member's wish to join and communicate with us - great. If not then it's no great loss. As the Mods have often mentioned, the band are aware of our existence.

Anyway, reading between the lines she appears to have taken the obsessive fan-stalker thing a tad too far despite (I assume) being privately warned several times of the consequences. All of us here are under a 3 strikes and you're out policy*

*Clause 83 :innocent:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
_emma_
Overbomber

Well yes, I know and I agree.
It's as I wrote
just a thought
And now I'm really out of here,
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

Damn - I have to go away for a few weeks and I miss all the fun! :wink:

Seriously, though, sorry to hear she turned out to be such a loon. It's actually rather sad. :(
Who can begin conventional amiability the first thing in the morning?
It is the hour of savage instincts and natural tendencies.
--Elizabeth von Arnim
Nadia81
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Strange.IIRC, she once wrote a huge post ,in german, on the evils of becoming enamoured with celebrities. :?
Being645
Above the Chemist

Nadia81 wrote:Strange.IIRC, she once wrote a huge post ,in german, on the evils of becoming enamoured with celebrities. :?
Yes, I remember to have seen some longer post. Anyway, I feel very sorry for her.
It's one of the worst things to possibly happen to one's life with regard to love ...
because love is mostly not a matter of decision.

Don't know what she's done and what exactly the reactions were, but it is clear, that love
is nothing one could possibly forbid, not even to oneself. There are, however, certain
facts at times, one has to live with. And there are, of course, certain limits.

I think this is a very difficult thing for either side, since no reasonable human creature
really likes to hurt another for its love. And things like this happen so often, and not
only to celebrities. Everybody has a few others, whose love one just couldn't obey.
And there are not so many strategies known to handle it ... and it's always a painful
matter, whatever strategy one might choose.

So, I'm sorry for you, Moakahontas (as who I mostly met with you here). I found you were
a nice person and I liked your wonderful cats and many of your posts were a good
laugh and a nice chat to me. Thank you for that. :(

And I definitely expect, your emails will not be disclosed here. That were entirely unfair.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

I know the person but I always regarded it as harmless. I guess
the ban is justified though.

But as I experienced it; I have seen worse people come around here to cheat in
trades and weeding. They are still around.
"as we walk on the floodland"
robertzombie
Overbomber

^^
Pista
Cureboi

Moderators and Administrators have the right to do whatever they see fit to your user account. This includes banning you, deleting your account, editing your posts to remove unwanted content and humiliating you in front of your peers. Live with it.
think that covers it really.
Anyone who uses multiple user names must be doing so for a reason.
She might be a perfectly sound character offline, but seems she was a menace online & prolly right to ban her before she really got up someone's nose & caused a real sh!t storm publicly.
@the mod squad. Ta much for taking care.

:notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The whole affair sounds familiar to me. The same happened in the old poison-door-forum a few years ago.
At the moment there's no reason to ban her from the new forum, but we'll keep an eye on her. :urff:
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

hopefully she wont kick off about her HL ban over on your site :|
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
mh
Above the Chemist

Maybe I missed the hoo-hah (or maybe it was totally behind the scenes) but I always thought the Moakahontas person seemed reasonably OK, despite quite a strange Robert Palmer fixation. Thousand Andrews was scary, but I never made the connection that they were the same person.

Anyway, could I suggest locking the thread? It seems a bit ghoulish to be discussing a ban, and the person involved, and all that.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

mh wrote:Anyway, could I suggest locking the thread?
Good idea.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell