(a) Suede reform

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Silver_Owl
The Don

No Bernard=No Suede. :|
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
James Blast
Banned

to be fair, Oakes is a good guitarist but Bernard is a genius, the boy was born to plank spank

I allas thought it's be great if Suede performed with both of them - imagine that
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Silver_Owl
The Don

He's no bad admittedly.
All I say is Animal Nitrate.
End of. :wink:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
James Blast
Banned

Hom_Corleone wrote:All I say is Animal Nitrate.
that deserves a Fact! with a side order of Revr'nd Image and a sorbet of Image

have you seen the Love & Poison vid Steve?
~ Peter Steele
Silver_Owl
The Don

James Blast wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:All I say is Animal Nitrate.
that deserves a Fact! with a side order of Revr'nd Image and a sorbet of Image

have you seen the Love & Poison vid Steve?
High praise indeed Iris. :P

No - I haven't.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
James Blast
Banned

Hom_Corleone wrote:No - I haven't.
it shall be taken care of, PM me yer addy :D

PS. it's never been released on DVD so this is (an excellent transfer) from my VHS, I sent one to Mrs. fiendy, never heard back :(
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:eek: Did you? I recall you mentioning it, but the last package to arrive from Blast Productions was a load of movies back in October. (In the loop, Ice Age 3, several more) Was it with that? Or has our postie been on the rob again? :urff:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
James Blast
Banned

it was in there along with 'Flashes from the Blaast! Archive'â„¢ vol. I :|
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:oops: Well I'm very sorry I never said thank you. :(

I should look through stuff more carefully rather than sticking them into the "to watch" pile. :oops:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
JansenClone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Brett and Bernard live as the Tears was pretty good, worth it for an acoustic rendition of The Living Dead from the pair of them. I liked the album, though it was no Dog Man Star...
I am a Leeds United fan because I was very naughty in a previous life.
James Blast
Banned

:| I'm afraid The Tears left me cold, but thanks for all the goodies Michael, I still have them
~ Peter Steele
JansenClone

You're welcome James! Got loads of Suede stuff if you're interested! The other 'project' is ongoing. I've had what I think is a good idea but it involves shed loads of photoshopping. Perhaps not that good an idea then... :oops:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

we know the story: one-off gig and then "we had such a great fun onstage that we decided check for a bit longer how it could work, do we still got that power". and after that some pish album and "because, sadly, it didn't worked or everyone of us have something other to do like family/other band/sell a potato/wash a socks or simply go shopping we decided to play one last tour, for the kids, ya know, one last farewell ride". we know how it gonna ends.
unless the'll chose Bauhaus way
Last edited by Bartek on 15 Jan 2010, 17:30, edited 1 time in total.
James Blast
Banned

such cynicism in one so young, tssch! Bart

and thankee again Michael, I take it you have Love & Poison?

didya all see what I did there? :lol:
~ Peter Steele
JansenClone

I have James, thanks! :D
James Blast
Banned

bitch! :lol:
~ Peter Steele
boudicca
Sister Midnight

JansenClone wrote:You're welcome James! Got loads of Suede stuff if you're interested! The other 'project' is ongoing. I've had what I think is a good idea but it involves shed loads of photoshopping. Perhaps not that good an idea then... :oops:
Thank you so much for the stuff you gave me as well, Michael :D It was fab 8)

I would love to see Anderson and Butler doing a tour together (even though I don't believe in reunions! I think we've established this)... but that's just too much to hope for isn't it...

Why are half of my favourite bands reforming WITH MEMBERS MISSING? Bah.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Will get more excited if the Smiths reform... :twisted: ;D
The Chancer Corporation
JansenClone

boudicca wrote:
JansenClone wrote:You're welcome James! Got loads of Suede stuff if you're interested! The other 'project' is ongoing. I've had what I think is a good idea but it involves shed loads of photoshopping. Perhaps not that good an idea then... :oops:
Thank you so much for the stuff you gave me as well, Michael :D It was fab 8)

I would love to see Anderson and Butler doing a tour together (even though I don't believe in reunions! I think we've established this)... but that's just too much to hope for isn't it...

Why are half of my favourite bands reforming WITH MEMBERS MISSING? Bah.
You're welcome! :) Can't offer Mr Butler but Mr Anderson is playing a solo show in Glasgow at King Tuts on Tuesday 9th February. If you tell Mr Blast he did some excellent solo guitar / piano versions of some Dog Man Star stuff when I saw him in Leeds you might even get him out... :wink:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

ohmygodohmygodohmygod!!! I'm there! :D
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

His solo appearance last year in Athens was one of the best gigs i ve been to.

His solo work is really good, and the suede did some realy great stuff even without Butler.

A great artist.