Let It Snow...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

:lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy:

Oh trust me the witches of HL the herbs and spices are going with as are the grain, fruit, veg, meat if we need to feed hunters, but all is going with to be able to eat! and to drink! we need loads of wines! let those grape sorts come aboard, all fruits really, so we need really old receipes from the start.

Marmite is definately on board as is an oven! hee.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Being645
Wiki Wizard

:lol: :lol: :lol:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Bartek wrote:what was whit this melting of Himalaya's glaciers 2035 or 2350, how cares.
East Rongbuk glacier just below Mt. Everest has lost 3-400 ft of ice since 1921.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Nice one Mark, but forget educating those who don't get it. Was on FB about this topic and some people just don't have a clue! :roll:

Anyhoo, and going off subject, did you see the blue full moon on 31st of Dec. 2009? I did and so did my guests here in between setting off fireworks! Hope that fireworks get banned as it's not helping much is it?
If the new year, ours, arrives with a blue moon & this coming month the Chinese New Year is the year of the tiger, I can only predict good things happening this year anyway!

Oh and staying now on topic, more winter weather coming! FFS!

I want spring, spring, spring!
that ongoing eternity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Thanks Debs :kiss:
MadameButterfly wrote:Anyhoo, and going off subject, did you see the blue full moon on 31st of Dec. 2009? I did and so did my guests here in between setting off fireworks! Hope that fireworks get banned as it's not helping much is it?
There was a partial lunar eclipse too. Very pretty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_2 ... ar_eclipse

Edit to add: I don't think fireworks are going to make enough of a difference to be worth banning. ;)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

i knew that i shouldn't start.
but one question: why you believe in what one scientists/ politics said and not others, even also when they're giving some rational arguments ? ( i got my own thoughts besides this, but)
ok, the ansewrs is: believes, but maybe something more ?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

It's a fair question. Well, when it's 98% of the scientists on one side and 2% on the other, I tend to go with the 98%.

I actually started off a global-warming "sceptic" but the more I look into what the actual climate scientists are saying (rather than what the media say they are saying) the more I realise how far away from the science the "debate" in the media actually is.

The global-warming controversy looks to me very much like the evolution-versus-creationism "controversy"; one side has the science, the other side is a political movement to deny the science. The global-warming-denial movement is very similar to the intelligent-design-creationism movement in its behaviour.

Imagine you're a history teacher, trying to teach the history of the Roman Empire. Now imagine that there is a small, but well-funded group who deny that the Roman Empire ever even existed. Because this Rome-denial group manages to get their propaganda onto the TV, into the newspapers, and onto blogs, the kids you're teaching keep challenging you on the very existence of the subject you're trying to teach.

If you can imagine this, then you will know how actual climate scientists feel.
—Bertrand Russell
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

as you point the debate is now more tv/poliltics and obviously eceonomic side of things than rational. both sides using authority of scientists.

and because is about a huge pile of money people wants to know if they money comes on a good thing and gonna be waisted, to be precise give away to someone else, they want to be 100 % sure about that. and be honest even if we throw our money now i woin't change a thing in one week so one, two years to make research, collect facts, analyze them is not a huge time.

you can call it a demagogy abut what it was with swine flu ?

i couldn't agree wtih this compare 'global warming' to creationism vs. evolutionism. don't forget that at least here 'global warming' is highly supported by politics (especially EU).

and for history facts, we got strong proves but i get that point.

we seems to believe that scientis got answers to all questions and thet they're 100 % about any numbers that they're giving us.

and back to that photographs. as i read somewhere they said (it was about exhibitions of that kind comparative photos) that some of the were even taken at the same season, and that, if it's true, it not even pathetic.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

I think Bartek needs a hug

Prepares for long rant on why he doesn't (or something)
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

i know. but i also know that it's not gonna hurt.
as i've said few times before, and i'll repeat it: we don't have to agree with each other, but as long as we change our point of view with rational way it's nice. i can learn something from you and mabe you form me. :kiss:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Bartek wrote:and because is about a huge pile of money people wants to know if they money comes on a good thing and gonna be waisted, to be precise give away to someone else, they want to be 100 % sure about that. and be honest even if we throw our money now i woin't change a thing in one week so one, two years to make research, collect facts, analyze them is not a huge time.
I think you're 100% right here. And while there may be agreement in the scientific community that global warming is happening, as far as I can tell there is no clear scientific consensus on the decision of what to do about it. It is more a political decision than a scientific one.
Bartek wrote: we don't have to agree with each other, but as long as we change our point of view with rational way it's nice. i can learn something from you and mabe you form me. :kiss:
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Indeed.
—Bertrand Russell
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

I tend to agree with Mark on this point though. Scientists can prove things and the way they work and what they find has always amazed me & my brain. I seem to have more a scientific brain and then mix that in with all the biology of nature that has always interested me, gaining knowledge, and working out the answer using mathematics, data and fact, it's something that goes as far as knowing the earth inside out and also the universe. We are all linked in that way.

Any viruses or illnesses are all part of natures way of keeping a balance between populations, something that has also been there from the beginning.
When you get into the nitty gritty of the whole picture then you can start understanding or having your mind opened to see what is going on has also always been going on since earth has had man walk around on her.

So if you can look through all the propaganda or just ignore it, work it out for yourself you shall see that scientists need to get more data not to stop it cause we can't but we can give back what we have taken away. Nature will carry on regardless anyway.

Now, politics, are rather playing the money game, still war in the world, still people that are starving everyday that we all know doesn't even have to happen because there is enough money globally.

I'm not even going to touch on religion cause it has no place here or now for this subject.
that ongoing eternity
boudicca
Sister Midnight

I went into a wee cafe the other week to have a bagel and a latte, as one does, and no sooner had I started to tuck in than an elderly couple sat down at the table next to me and the very first words out the man's mouth to his wifey were "I was watching a programme about the "evidence" for global warming last night" :roll: Cue a one-way rant to the poor woman (who was quite clearly just saying "uh-huh" every few minutes to appease him.)
I couldn't enjoy my lovely bagel and had to gulp it down before my annoyance built to the point where it became visible. On my way out it was all I could do not to say to him "By the way, did you know the moon landings were a fake!"
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Pista
Cureboi

They were real.
Real fake. :P
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
James Blast
Banned

don't say a word to The Mum on Sunday please, her mate reads the Mail and Molly watches soaps n' shit when she's not baking

I'm fed up with her 'alerts' to new horrors :eek:

I saw Michelle MacManus today when I was in the front room and thought.... Aye, I think I would...

help me, I am in hell :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
boudicca
Sister Midnight

James Blast wrote:I saw Michelle MacManus today when I was in the front room and thought.... Aye, I think I would...

help me, I am in hell :|
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The worst thing is, I'm not at all surprised!
James Blast
Banned

Catholic, Jock, large, worth more than me.... aye, why the hell not... "Hello honey, I'm home! Get nekkid!!!!" :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
boudicca
Sister Midnight

But the face, Unkle Ja-mes? She's no braw.
James Blast
Banned

oh aye?

I have ken'd worse...

that's a lie and I should be kicked soft, sorry :oops:
~ Peter Steele
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Just for you...

Don't say I never do anything nice for you :P
James Blast
Banned

Lordi!

I must go lie down now, I'm quite... overcome...
~ Peter Steele
boudicca
Sister Midnight

That thing she's holding looks like a masterpiece of engineering... who knew Isambard Kingdom Brunel had turned his hand to designing ladies underthingies!
James Blast
Banned

boudicca wrote:underthingies
Mmmmmm, Marge.......
~ Peter Steele
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

lots of snow in the usa!

wonder why?

:innocent: :innocent: :innocent:
that ongoing eternity
Debaser
Overbomber

MadameButterfly wrote:lots of snow in the usa!

wonder why?

:innocent: :innocent: :innocent:
Because it's winter :P Now if it were JUly and they had loads of snow, THEN I'd worry.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else