Sisters Convention

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Having one of those flashbacks - anyone remember a Sisters convention held back in about 88 / 89?
It was, as reported in the inkies, a dismal affair (I was too young and too skint to go).
I seem to recall rarities on show were crud like a telephone from the MR offices!
There was also a look-a-like contest.
I recall the Patricia Morrison one was won by some bloke, and rather cruelly renamed PM's pet pig.
The Eldritch clone was quite close, though the journo in question felt the need to comment that he was taller and more smug looking!

Was anyone there?
Were you that pet pig?
Enquiring minds want to know.
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
nodubmanshouts
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I was there, I think - it was held at the Camden Ballroom right? I'd completely forgotten about it.

I remember very little going on, but plenty of stalls selling stuff. I bought my Damage Done fake single there (I knew it was fake when I bought it, I should add!).

Think we must have left before it got interesting, as we were very bored...
James Blast
Banned

looks like an event I'm glad I missed Eru, was at a Neff gig in Glasgow where there wer two Mr. E 'RAH style, hat and all' lookalikes having a chat in the Boys Room, it looked like a mirror, I burst out laughing!

regards
Blast, the Old Goth with the Sense of Humour :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Consenus of opinion would seem that is was s**t.
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Dan
Overbomber

There was also one held in Leeds (at the Astoria Ballroom I think). It was crap. No competitions like the London one (not that I recall). It was just like a record fair only with *slightly* more Sisters stuff on offer.