sorry to all belgians

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8544904.stm

on behalf of all right-thinking british people i'd like to offer every belgian HL'er my sincerest apologies for this man:

Nigel Farage

he's a vile, loathsome man with barely concealed fascist tendencies, a closed mind and a deeply patronising manner.

he's slime. a sleaze. and a thoroughly unpleasant chap.

ignore everything he says.

we do.

:urff:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Silver_Owl
The Don

His outburst was fairly entertaining though.
"You have all the charisma of a damp rag"
;D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

A member of UKIP has a bit of a cheek disparaging other people's charisma. UKIP has so little charisma it has charisn'tma.

(Joke shamelessly stolen from T. Pratchett Esq.)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
moses
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

.......he continued, adding: "Perhaps that's because you come from Belgium, which is pretty much a non-country."

:lol: :lol: Sounds like my grandfather :lol:
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity
Silver_Owl
The Don

It was like a speech written by Armando Iannucci. :lol:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Quiff Boy wrote:
where have those fingers been?
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

moses wrote:.......he continued, adding: "Perhaps that's because you come from Belgium, which is pretty much a non-country."

http://twitter.com/shitmydadsays :D
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Quiff Boy wrote:
moses wrote:.......he continued, adding: "Perhaps that's because you come from Belgium, which is pretty much a non-country."

http://twitter.com/shitmydadsays :D
soon to be a tv series starring The Shat :eek: :lol:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
christophe
Overbomber

I think everyone knew that was coming, if he didn't say what he did I am sure someone else would have done so.
besides, I'm glad he exaggerated so much and used the words he did, if he had chosen to but things more gently I think he would have done more harm.
Another Shade of You.
DeWinter
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

What is it with ageing lefties and flinging the word fascist around?? Reminds me of Rik Mayall in "The Young Ones". And where have you buggers been while Labour has been creating a near police state? Why no rage over how the position of EU president was created by legal semantics and blatant lies?

As for Farage, he's hard to like. You get a 80's City-spiv red braces vibe. But he's got his side of the argument across. The Tory party can thank him if they lose. And public support for EU withdrawal is at 60+ percent now.
Van Rompuy's no poor little darling.I don't personally regard a man who thinks it acceptable to lock his political opponents out of meetings to get his desired result as my perfect representative internationally.
"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.."
Never Land
Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:Nigel Farage

he's a vile, loathsome man with barely concealed fascist tendencies, a closed mind and a deeply patronising manner.

he's slime. a sleaze. and a thoroughly unpleasant chap.
He could be a Belgian :lol:.
Debs on smoke Debs on weed Debs on Duvel Debs on sleep.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

DeWinter wrote:What is it with ageing lefties and flinging the word fascist around??
it's because we're ageing and lefties. we're prone to that kind of thing :)
DeWinter wrote:And where have you buggers been while Labour has been creating a near police state?
here, and not happy about it.
DeWinter wrote:Why no rage over how the position of EU president was created by legal semantics and blatant lies?
because that's a separate issue.
Last edited by Quiff Boy on 02 Mar 2010, 20:51, edited 1 time in total.
mh
Above the Chemist

DeWinter wrote:And where have you buggers been while Labour has been creating a near police state?
There's an element of "the other person is wrong so therefore I must be right" (pun not intended) about that argument, you know?

For what it's worth I'd love to see petty little tin-pot nationalism go take a running jump; we're all sharing the same world after all. Unfortunately that's an idealistic dream, but hey ho.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

What happened?

Some person p!ssed off the Belgium people?

Do they even care in Belgium what UK people say? I think not.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Being645
Wiki Wizard

MadameButterfly wrote:What happened?

Of course, they do! Many Belgians have quite a faible for the UK ...

And here it's about EU politics ... on that level personal affronts are clearly even less constructive
or adding up to solutions than anywhere else ...

But whatever ... the culture of political discussion has gone down the drain everywhere obviously ...

In Germany members of voted parties - hand in hand with certain media - even propagate ignorance
and non-communication towards members of other voted parties ... a public act of an explicit
discrimination of a minority ... and they are quite aware of their position as an example ...

just incredible, to my taste, but where there is no court or judge there is no plaintiff ...
and once again this gives proof that human beings - for sure not only here in this country -
can obviously be made used to everything with time ...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

as much as i think that non-country idea is nice and on some way right in this area (EU) i also see that "our" national deals are so important for every of "us" that united states of europe ( all kudos goes to Winston Ch.) is unrealistic - vide: snails as midterrestrial fish to get refounds snails farms.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Being645 wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:What happened?

Of course, they do! Many Belgians have quite a faible for the UK ...

And here it's about EU politics ... on that level personal affronts are clearly even less constructive
or adding up to solutions than anywhere else ...

But whatever ... the culture of political discussion has gone down the drain everywhere obviously ...

In Germany members of voted parties - hand in hand with certain media - even propagate ignorance
and non-communication towards members of other voted parties ... a public act of an explicit
discrimination of a minority ... and they are quite aware of their position as an example ...

just incredible, to my taste, but where there is no court or judge there is no plaintiff ...
and once again this gives proof that human beings - for sure not only here in this country -
can obviously be made used to everything with time ...
Thanks. Oh yes EU politics. Our cabinet fell again. :lol: not the first time either. I still don't think the Belgium HL'ers are going to give two sh!ts what some person in the UK said about Belgium as a country. I've actually not followed the UK political scene as they aren't EU, which builds a wall in that small sea that seperates us.

Back to here, we get to vote today and trust me most people are going to and if the political world can't open their eyes, us as the common voter will just tag at what we want. If we don't like it, we become rebels.
Certain human rights people are still fighting for, others are still fighting for global warming, in my books it doesn't matter what you are voting for just vote, one man one vote, one of my heros said that back in the day.
that ongoing eternity
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Oh and Belgium friends, don't come to NL to buy your weed anymore, they are trying to allow only Dutch citizens to smoke weed, so we don't have to export it anymore :lol: and tourists are now being searched, weed is taken away and you'll have to pay a fine of €300.
that ongoing eternity
Silver_Owl
The Don

MadameButterfly wrote:Oh and Belgium friends, don't come to NL to buy your weed anymore, they are trying to allow only Dutch citizens to smoke weed, so we don't have to export it anymore :lol: and tourists are now being searched, weed is taken away and you'll have to pay a fine of €300.
So tourists can't buy weed in the coffee shops anymore? :eek:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Hom_Corleone wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:Oh and Belgium friends, don't come to NL to buy your weed anymore, they are trying to allow only Dutch citizens to smoke weed, so we don't have to export it anymore :lol: and tourists are now being searched, weed is taken away and you'll have to pay a fine of €300.
Of course you can! :lol: But watch the smoking laws, in the one you can smoke ciggies and the other one, you can't, so have to smoke it pure. This is also something that makes me laugh as most of the tourists can't handle pure weed so more are passing out and then medics have to be called in!

No this was to do with transporting the stuff, going over boarders and stuff.
that ongoing eternity
Silver_Owl
The Don

MadameButterfly wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:
Of course you can! :lol: But watch the smoking laws, in the one you can smoke ciggies and the other one, you can't, so have to smoke it pure. This is also something that makes me laugh as most of the tourists can't handle pure weed so more are passing out and then medics have to be called in!

No this was to do with transporting the stuff, going over boarders and stuff.
Ah OK. :)
Yes - That was the case last time I went. Hide your ciggies! It's a silly law which only serves to make us poor lighweights fall over. :oops:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

:lol: :lol: I'll start growing a plant just for you lightweight! :wink:
that ongoing eternity
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Hom_Corleone wrote:His outburst was fairly entertaining though.
;D
And I haven't heard anyone who disagrees with that.

Actually interesting, for someone so anti-EU to be unhappy with someone in charge who's there because he hasn't got the least bit of charisma and who's main power is to water down nearly everything he does. I'd be happy with him if I were Farage!
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Obviousman wrote:
;D

Actually interesting, for someone so anti-EU to be unhappy with someone in charge who's there because he hasn't got the least bit of charisma and who's main power is to water down nearly everything he does. I'd be happy with him if I were Farage!
True! :D

Can you imagine what it would be like if he would have this 'speech' about our Harry Potter, Jan Peter Balkenende, who just missed this job?! :lol:
"as we walk on the floodland"
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Ozpat wrote:
Obviousman wrote:
;D

True! :D

Can you imagine what it would be like if he would have this 'speech' about our Harry Potter, Jan Peter Balkenende, who just missed this job?! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Poor Harry Jan Peter Potter Balkenende! His cabinet had fallen how many times? Still I like the man, he is a financial sharp eye and good for the EU.
that ongoing eternity