the sisters do dior?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

TOL 92 is being used as the background audio for the Dior Homme splash page

http://www.diorhomme.com/

thanks to sita for pointing this one out :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Being645
Wiki Wizard

They had the vid there before, but now as the splash page it's perfect ... wow ... ;D ... :notworthy: ...

Congrats and thanks to Dior ... ;D ... :notworthy: ...

And thanks for the hint to sita ... :D ...
Last edited by Being645 on 24 Mar 2010, 14:17, edited 1 time in total.
Sita
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

:notworthy:

I thought everyone knew and I was the last one to notice :lol:

Dior as a fashion house is wonderful, so it's a lovely coupling! I was in Sisters heaven when I saw that.

If any of the other girls here enjoys things like that (like I do :oops: :wink: ), Dior's spring 2007 fashion show by John Galliano is too beautiful. Not only the dresses but it has This Mortal Coil and other heavenly music.
The title on Youtube is:
Christian Dior Haute Couture - Spring 2007

BTW What is a splash page?!? Sorry if that's an extremely stupid question!
Being645
Wiki Wizard

The opening page of a website is called splash page, especially when it
does not show the main menues but other contents to attract your interest ... :wink: ...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

i got to ask this question: from where you get about all this ridiculous thing ? d'ya non-stop searching the net for that ?
christophe
Overbomber

is the som backcatalogue getting that cheap? :urff:
Another Shade of You.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Bartek wrote:i got to ask this question: from where you get about all this ridiculous thing ? d'ya non-stop searching the net for that ?
Are you talking to sita or to me? 8)

christophe wrote:is the som backcatalogue getting that cheap? :urff:
:lol: ... cheap? It's long overdue fashion designers discovered The Sisters ... ;D ...
mh
Above the Chemist

Being645 wrote:
:lol: ... cheap? It's long overdue fashion designers discovered The Sisters ... ;D ...
I think it's great that they're getting this kind of exposure. The Sisters were always about being 50% prostitute anyway. :wink: :lol:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Sita

I admit being silly, but ridiculous? No way ;D

Maybe Lagerfeld always liked them, there is a certain resemblance (-> :von:)
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Sita wrote:I admit being silly, but ridiculous? No way ;D
It were silly, rather, if one didn't ask ...
Sita wrote: Maybe Lagerfeld always liked them, there is a certain resemblance (-> :von:)
:lol: ... yeah, since Lagerfeld has lost quite a few stones in weight ... all by the means of will ... :lol: ...

Always liked Lagerfeld. When that happened and I heard his comments, I immediately thought, he had discovered The Sisters ... :lol: ...

And he had been in such a long lull with himself before ... :wink: ...
Sita

Being645 wrote: :lol: ... yeah, since Lagerfeld has lost quite a few stones in weight ... all by the means of will ... :lol: ...

Always liked Lagerfeld. When that happened and I heard his comments, I immediately thought, he had discovered The Sisters ... :lol: ...

And he had been in such a long lull with himself before ... :wink: ...
Of course all by the means of will :innocent:
Lagerfeld can also make adorable comments just as Eldritch - "Heidi Who?" :lol:
Being645
Wiki Wizard

... :lol: ...

Yeah, although they differ very much in various aspects, they seem to be the same catagory of mind ... :D ...
christophe
Overbomber

mh wrote:
Being645 wrote:
I think it's great that they're getting this kind of exposure. The Sisters were always about being 50% prostitute anyway. :wink: :lol:
I don't care about that (as long as the band is in charge and not the 'company' behind it)
but I guess they would have to pay some sorth of fee in order get the rights to use the tune...?
and I presume the more popular the band, the more expensive it gets.
so the more logical conclusion would be that if someone would use the music of a old B-klass 80's band (how popular where they for the general audience?) it would be just because these would be cheaper.
Another Shade of You.
mh
Above the Chemist

christophe wrote:
mh wrote:
Being645 wrote: :lol: ... cheap? It's long overdue fashion designers discovered The Sisters ... ;D ...
I don't care about that (as long as the band is in charge and not the 'company' behind it)
but I guess they would have to pay some sorth of fee in order get the rights to use the tune...?
so the more logical conclusion would be that if someone would use the music of a old B-klass 80's band (how popular where they for the general audience?) it would be just because these would be cheaper.
Ah, but I don't see them using Big Black do I? (Although their version of The Model would be hilarious here).
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
christophe
Overbomber

mh wrote:
christophe wrote:
mh wrote: I think it's great that they're getting this kind of exposure. The Sisters were always about being 50% prostitute anyway. :wink: :lol:
Ah, but I don't see them using Big Black do I? (Although their version of The Model would be hilarious here).
I think tsom are a good choice for something like this because I think a lot of people know the songs when they hear them but don't really know them.
just my opinion though. :)
Another Shade of You.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

The Sisters of Mercy are not an "old B-class 80'ies band" ... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ...

Vision Thing is a thing of the 90ies and this record had a deep impact
on the decade as a whole ... despite the temporary 1991 tour break-off in
- wasn't it Texas!!!

In addition, it's a basic idea of fashion biz to be up-to-date or avantgarde
as it was called in the 70ies or 80ies, respectively ... so if they choose
The Sisters for their background sounds, hey, that's sort of declaration ... ;D ...

However, the very nature of declaration is openess to interpretation ... :roll: ...
We will see, whether or how this will affect Winter 2010 ... I'm sure that
by New Year's Eve 2011, almost everybody has seen that vid or an excerpt of it ...

And whether you like their current line or not - DIOR is not a B-class 80ies fashion group ... ;D ... :notworthy: ...
mh wrote: I think tsom are a good choice for something like this because I think a lot of people know the songs when they hear them but don't really know them. just my opinion though. :)
Absolutely seconded ... there are so many people like that ...
and it's the same with DIOR ... as soon as people hear the name Lagerfeld, they realize what it's about ...
methadrine
Road Kill

Seeing models walking like chickens to Temple of Love is not going to be something I chalk up on Ye Olde "Epic Moments" tablet. Glad I turned it off before ToL lost its touch. :urff:
Stating the bloody obvious since... well, forever.
christophe
Overbomber

Being645 wrote:and it's the same with DIOR ... as soon as people hear the name Lagerfeld, they realize what it's about ...
well I did know dior isn't booze, but now you mention lagerfeld I'm not so sure anymore ;D
Vision Thing is a thing of the 90ies and this record had a deep impact
on the decade as a whole
when and where did this happen? :eek:

I'm a young pup, I know this :wink: and I have gotten to know tsom in the 2000s so I have not lived trough their peak moment but I never have gotten the impression the general audience really know them, ever.
Another Shade of You.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Oh, in Germany you could even hear them on the standard radio ...

In addition, :von: used to supplement his pocket-money by writing for various magazines time and again ...
such as GQ or The Rolling Stone (Bowie interview) * ... and - possibly - for a few unknown local leaflets ... :lol: ...

* http://www.myheartland.co.uk/gallery/de ... ge_id=1369
cardoman
Slight Overbomber

What a nice black fashion collection....
Was it Alice or our daughter Ellice???
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Being645 wrote:
Bartek wrote:i got to ask this question: from where you get about all this ridiculous thing ? d'ya non-stop searching the net for that ?
d'ya always get everything personally ?
replay to prove me point.
Sita

christophe wrote:I'm a young pup, I know this :wink: and I have gotten to know tsom in the 2000s so I have not lived trough their peak moment but I never have gotten the impression the general audience really know them, ever.
They were only "B" insofar as Madonna and Michael Jackson were the "A".
In Germany you can ask any random person between ? (don't know which ages) and they would at least know their name, or recognize the songs if they heard them. Even my grandmother remembers how they looked, because when This Corrosion came on, it prompted her to turn the TV off even though I protested and cried ;D and she still justifies it to this day with "they were wearing strange clothes and acting strange".
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Bartek wrote:
Being645 wrote:
d'ya always get everything personally ?
replay to prove me point.
:lol: ... not really everything ... though, I won't deny a slight tendency ... ;D ... unnecessarily, but I prefer a certain openness ...

@ Sita hihi-hihi ... that's a nice story ... and very true, almost everybody knows them in Germany ...

and I'm pretty sure, it's the same in the UK, but perhaps the English won't admit it ... he's an expatriate ... :wink: ...
James Blast
Banned

here, there every fuckin' where

and I prophesy disaster with the Dior link

end of days folks, end of days...
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
SeiBiT
Road Kill

methadrine wrote:Seeing models walking like chickens to Temple of Love is not going to be something I chalk up on Ye Olde "Epic Moments" tablet. Glad I turned it off before ToL lost its touch. :urff:
It's just... strange. And not that "good kind" of strange :lol:
And recentely ToL was in the soundtrack of a bunch of films... it's not a good sign :|