27"s of sheer joy

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

As ye ken I am Mac, allas have been Mac but this new 27" iMac is unbelievable!
The OS is just brilliant but the speed and quality of image has me knocked sideways.
If there is anyone out there thinking of getting a new 'pooter, go Mac and go iMac. Being honest, the 21.5" woulda done me and you'll be overwhelmed by it too but I had some money (at last) and decided to push the boat out.
This is a love affair that started in 1985 (when I got into The Sisters) so I'm not some fly by night.

Get an iMac or a MacBook Pro, you will thank me.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
boudicca
Sister Midnight

I have never seen you and Steve Jobs in the same room at the same time. Coincidence? I think not!
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Pat
Slight Overbomber

I'll have to pay you a wee visit soonish to see your new toy. Don't worry ,I won't touch it.
James Blast
Banned

no srsly, ye widnae ken just how rad and awesome this thing is, Dude ;D

I am now with added WIN! :D

and yes ye better, I found some nasty ellpees of yours that Scotty returned about twa years ago!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Pista
Cureboi

Have to say I agree.
Me wee bro's got one & it is dead nice.
I have the MB pro & love it to smithereens. (+ I don't get on with mice, so the track pad's purrrrfect for me)
For a desk top masheen the imac is the dog's.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Big Si
School Bully

James Blast wrote:no srsly, ye widnae ken just how rad and awesome this thing is, Dude ;D

I am now with added WIN! :D

and yes ye better, I found some nasty ellpees of yours that Scotty returned about twa years ago!
I showed my uncle yer stats -

He says yer Cache, Memory and Processor are double his, and his machine is very fast indeed! :notworthy:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Bartek wrote:Image
:lol: :lol: :lol:
James Blast
Banned

here, there, every fuckin' where
~ Peter Steele
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

As Darth Vader said Impressive, most impressive..even for a mac :wink:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

they really are a bit special aren't they?

this is my work macbook

What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

*Jealous*

We've been doing some work with one of the other companies in our building and they all have shiny 21.5" iMacs. While I'm stuck on this piece-of-sh!t Compaq with Winblows XP, 1GB of RAM and a 40GB HD. :evil:

I do some of my work in Linux in a virtual machine and it runs quicker than on the fùcking host machine!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Wiki Wizard

:lol: ... I'm glad I've got a computer at all ... ;D ...

Apple is nice, though, worked with them for a short while some time ago ... :D ...
Debaser
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:

Blaskypoo wrote:

TOP TRUMPS!!!!!
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

innit :lol:
methadrine
Road Kill

Interesting comparisons to my early '09 Mac Pro. Speedy devils, our macs.

Stating the bloody obvious since... well, forever.
James Blast
Banned

good afternoon, I am James Blast not only am I excellent I am also full of WIN! :D

but I am soon to be full of FAIL! -

I still have my 20" Dell hooked up to the old G4, I really don't feel the need to connect it to the iMac, I had a wee homer to do for a friend the other night and d/l FreeHand to get it done when I opened it I was gobsmacked at the amount of workspace this thing is even bigger than my Sony 24" at work

of course that'll all change when we get our shitty peecees in a few weeks
here's the training we're getting:
1 day split into
morning - using a Window's peecee
afternoon - Adobe CS4

you're talking about a team of 10 people who have only used Macs for at least 15 years and are only versed in CS2

what a fuckin' joke!
~ Peter Steele
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

you're going to have to forget ALL those keyboard shortcuts and learn a slew of new ones :lol:

harsh :urff:
EvilBastard
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:good afternoon, I am James Blast not only am I excellent I am also full of WIN! :D

but I am soon to be full of FAIL! -

I still have my 20" Dell hooked up to the old G4, I really don't feel the need to connect it to the iMac, I had a wee homer to do for a friend the other night and d/l FreeHand to get it done when I opened it I was gobsmacked at the amount of workspace this thing is even bigger than my Sony 24" at work
[ahem][mathgeek]
Dear Mr. Blast,
We are delighted to hear that you are Full Of Win and that you like your new 27" monitor. However, we'll be coming round later to take it off you in response to your comment about being surprised that it is bigger than your Sony 24". You see, a 27" monitor would be bigger than 24" - in fact, by 3" or a factor of 12.5%.
We will ascribe your surprise to being a habitual Mac user and therefore needing all information to come in a shiny white box. We will replace it with one of these, which we feel you will be more comfortable with.

Thank you.

The Movement For Saving Mac Users From Themselves, incorporating (fullof)Win3.1

:P
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
James Blast
Banned

good afternoon Bastard, you are perfectly correct in your observation, what I meant to type was that the image quality was so much better than the Sony

I've made a complete fool of myself, I can only ask forgiveness and slink off...

@ Barry
aye but I mean half a day on what amounts to an alien OS then another half day on a very complicated suite of programs that have had a major overhaul since two versions back, they're 'avin a laff
~ Peter Steele
Pista
Cureboi

The little old thing I use at home

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
James Blast
Banned

pffff... is that all? :lol:
~ Peter Steele
Pista
Cureboi

Well, If I get any more stuff in it I won't be able to carry it.
Does for me though.
Better than that toy I am made to use at work.
:D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Bastard! ;D

You're guilty of bringing this all on us :innocent:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
James Blast
Banned

the shining path Zed, the shining path :D

once you Mac you never go back - FACT!
~ Peter Steele