A very Special Relationship

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Black Shuck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

I just wondered how Heartlanders felt about George Bush's visit to his good buddy Tony Blair starting tomorrow?

Anyone have any opinions on:

The unprecedented security operation by British armed forces?
The estimated cost to the British taxpayer of 4 million pounds?
The fact that protestors wont be allowed anywhere near Mr. Bush?
The fact that life will be miserable for anyone living in/commuting through central London?
The fact that two hundred American goons carrying guns will be allowed to follow Mr. Bush around?

I was in favour of the war (I fondly remember having some heated debates with Dead Inside and RicheyJames about this!), And I think Bush's bad rep is partly unfair. But this state visit is surely one of the stupidest things Blair has instigated. and that's saying something.
Gazza for England manager
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

I've gotta say that after I read Michael Moore's Stupid White Men, it confirmed all the things I thought about Bush to start with. Didn't realise that Clinton was actually just as bad as well though :/

Anyone see the interview with David Frost and Bush on Sunday morning? Chimp boy just struck me as totally retarded.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

bush is un-educated and ill-advised. he's also emotionally stunted.

all these factors combine to make him totally unable to express himself in a given situation and prone to using made-up nonsense words, bullish redneck over-sentimentalism and meaningless and obfuscating PR/marketing buzzword sh*te.

he's easily led, unable to make rational decisions for himself, and has no view of the bigger picture when it comes to issues other than warfare.

given his position, i'd say that makes him a very dangerous man.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

Quiff Boy wrote:bush is un-educated and ill-advised. he's also emotionally stunted.

all these factors combine to make him totally unable to express himself in a given situation and prone to using made-up nonsense words, bullish redneck over-sentimentalism and meaningless and obfuscating PR/marketing buzzword sh*te.

he's easily led, unable to make rational decisions for himself, and has no view of the bigger picture when it comes to issues other than warfare.

That was brilliantly put Quiff.

"..another motherfucker in a motorcade" springs to mind .........
Hell is other people
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

I'm in London at the moment looking out the window and it's pissing down with rain. The forecast is that it will continue for the next few days. Maybe God's decided to express his opinion on Bush.
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
hallucienate
Overbomber

Johnny Boy wrote:I'm in London at the moment looking out the window and it's pissing down with rain. The forecast is that it will continue for the next few days. Maybe God's decided to express his opinion on Bush.
Or maybe his opinion of London.

It's a perfect sunny day here. :D
Loki
God of Mischief and Discord

hallucienate wrote:
Johnny Boy wrote:I'm in London at the moment looking out the window and it's pissing down with rain. The forecast is that it will continue for the next few days. Maybe God's decided to express his opinion on Bush.
Or maybe his opinion of London.

It's a perfect sunny day here. :D
:x :x :x :x :| :| :| :) :) :) :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
Loki was never worshiped as the other Gods,
Which is quite understandable.
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

Quiff Boy wrote:bush is un-educated and ill-advised.
uneducated is at best arguable. he may not be particularly eloquent but that does not necessarily mean he's badly educated. as for "ill-advised" - it all depends on your perspective. the neo-cons at the heart of bush's inner circle probably think he's very well advised as do the business interests who put him into power in the first place. you may not agree with the advice he's getting but don't let that obscure the fact that that advice is coming from some very clever men (and women).
he's also emotionally stunted.
now i really have to take you to task here herr quiff. on what basis are you able to make this judgement? you've never met the man (i'm guessing but please feel free to correct me if you have) so how can you possibly make an assessment like this? that's not an attack by the way, i'm genuinely intrigued as to how you came to this conclusion.
see my above comments on bush's lack of eloquence. and be very careful as damning someone as stupid just because they are unable to effectively communicate their ideas. many incredibly intelligent people are appalling communicators.
he's easily led, unable to make rational decisions for himself
again, how do you know this? unless you have personal access to the oval office i don't understand how you can be in a position to make statements like this.
and has no view of the bigger picture when it comes to issues other than warfare.
hmm... i'd hazard a suggestion that the one issue on which the current us administration has shown a remarkable inability to see the bigger picture is warfare. if they had they might have held off invading iraq until they'd worked out a viable exit strategy.
he is a very dangerous man. as would be anyone else in his position as leader of the world's only superpower.

and in case anyone is wondering - i'm no defender of bush's politics but i believe that it is dangerous to stereotype bush as an idiotic buffoon bumbling around the white house. it's time to take a step back and look at who's really in control....
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
Dreamweapon
Road Kill

Black Shuck wrote:I just wondered how Heartlanders felt about George Bush's visit to his good buddy Tony Blair starting tomorrow?

Anyone have any opinions on:

The unprecedented security operation by British armed forces?
The estimated cost to the British taxpayer of 4 million pounds?
The fact that protestors wont be allowed anywhere near Mr. Bush?
The fact that life will be miserable for anyone living in/commuting through central London?
The fact that two hundred American goons carrying guns will be allowed to follow Mr. Bush around?

I was in favour of the war (I fondly remember having some heated debates with Dead Inside and RicheyJames about this!), And I think Bush's bad rep is partly unfair. But this state visit is surely one of the stupidest things Blair has instigated. and that's saying something.

Yes i am not looking forward to living in London this week. I have a bad feeling about the whole trip, the two stooges behind this so called war on terror together on a very public state visit. the fact that there will american hired goons forming his personal security is worrying, i did read, so it may be incorrect that they will operate on a shoot to kill policy, but then i read that any security won't be granted diplomatic immunity if they shoot to kill, which is slightly heartening..... strange days ahead
I walk 47 miles of barbed wire
Wear a cobra snake for a neck tie
Black Shuck

Dreamweapon wrote:
Yes i am not looking forward to living in London this week. I have a bad feeling about the whole trip, the two stooges behind this so called war on terror together on a very public state visit. the fact that there will american hired goons forming his personal security is worrying, i did read, so it may be incorrect that they will operate on a shoot to kill policy, but then i read that any security won't be granted diplomatic immunity if they shoot to kill, which is slightly heartening..... strange days ahead

It's rather worrying. a former MI5 bloke was talking on radio 2 this afternoon; he said that if any protestor runs towards Mr. Bush's car, his security guards will not have the time to decide wether it's a terrorist or not, and will have no choice but to shoot the protestor dead!

Also, anyone who throws an egg (!) at his car is liable for similar treatment.

To be honest, though, one less nobhead protestor in the world is no bad thing (I've made it clear in earlier debates how I feel about brain-dead, 'BUSH IS EVIL' placard- waving gimps.)
Black Shuck

CellThree wrote:I've gotta say that after I read Michael Moore's Stupid White Men, it confirmed all the things I thought about Bush to start with. Didn't realise that Clinton was actually just as bad as well though :/
I don't understand; you read one idiot's book, and it CONFIRMED things? Why should you believe anything that hyperactive clown says?

I hate Michael Moore far more than George Bush.
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

hyperactive clown? idiot? would you care to tell us why you have such a hatred for mr moore?
Black Shuck

RicheyJames wrote:hyperactive clown? idiot? would you care to tell us why you have such a hatred for mr moore?
I was enjoying this year's oscar ceremony (I stay up every year to watch it - yes, I know, I'm a hopeless sad bastard) when the night was ruined by some moron on stage who made an absurd rant against the Iraq war.

it was my first brush with the illustrious Mr. Moore. It was almost as distateful as Von singing 'This War is wrong' during Vision Thing on tour.

The reason why I hate moore is that he is a shameless self-promoter who makes a killing by peddling conspiracy theories to gullible hippies.
Zombies read his books and take every poison word as gospel. Instead of actually forming their own opinions, they wave his books in the air as if they are some sort of bible for lazy liberals.

He is ten times as obnoxious as George Bush, and probably just as dangerous to the planet, as so many discibles actually believe the nonsense he trots out.
I don't like his stupid baseball cap either.
James Blast
Banned

can't say I agree with you there BS

please stop it Daddy you're scaring me now :(
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

I'd like to write a detailed and constructive criticism of the Bush regime and all the things I find risible about it. But I had to get up at quarter to five this morning to catch a flight down south and I'm just too tired.
Here's a quote instead:

It's a small world and it smells funny
I'd buy another if it wasn't for the money
take back what I paid
for another motherf*cker in a motorcade :von:

Coincidentally, it's almost forty years since the original motherf*cker got whacked.

Bay of Pigs?
Hmmm.
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

Black Shuck wrote: I was enjoying this year's oscar ceremony (I stay up every year to watch it - yes, I know, I'm a hopeless sad bastard) when the night was ruined by some moron on stage who made an absurd rant against the Iraq war.

it was my first brush with the illustrious Mr. Moore. It was almost as distateful as Von singing 'This War is wrong' during Vision Thing on tour.
moron? absurd? woah! you really do hate the guy don't you? so michael moore used his brief moment in the global spotlight to highlight what he sees as immoral war waged by an illegitimate president. what exactly is absurd about that? or do you believe that it's wrong to question those in authority no matter what they do?

and how exactly did that "ruin" your enjoyment of the oscars? the speech was over in seconds and half-drowned out by the orchestra striking up (probably in response to some panicked floor manager).
The reason why I hate moore is that he is a shameless self-promoter who makes a killing by peddling conspiracy theories to gullible hippies.
oh come on. do you seriously think that moore is in this for the money? i'm not saying that he's some kind of christ-like altruist but i'm sure there are easier ways of making money.

as for describing his work as "conspiracy theories" - are you actually at all familiar with his work? since, by your own admission, you hadn't even heard of him before he popped up at the oscars i'd guess not. moore has a solid backgorund as a journalist and documentary-maker. his work is well-researched and his sources detailed in full.
Zombies read his books and take every poison word as gospel. Instead of actually forming their own opinions, they wave his books in the air as if they are some sort of bible for lazy liberals.
this is just lazy stereo-typing. i'm sure there are many who do take moore's word as gospel. there are just as many, if not more, who take bush/blair's words as gospel. on the other hand, there are many of us who believe that nothing in this world is black and white but actually take the time and trouble to look at all sides of the argument.
He is ten times as obnoxious as George Bush, and probably just as dangerous to the planet, as so many discibles actually believe the nonsense he trots out.
it is my belief that neithe bush nor moore is "obnoxious". it's also probably true to say that they both believe themselves to be doing the right thing. it's surely up to anybody with a genuine interest in the world in which we live to weigh up both sides of any argument and come to their own conclusions and this can only be done by properly examining all relevant views rather than dismissing out of hand those who you disagree with.

i'd also love to know exactly which part of michael moore's work you consider to be "nonsense". it may be that we agree!
I don't like his stupid baseball cap either.
i'm with you there. particularly when he ponces about in an arsenal cap in some mis-guided attempt to connect with everyday british folk...
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Im glad hes coming to the UK as long as the protesters manage to make some impact. Im not completely pro or anti war, but i think they definately did not think to much further than the initial conflict and "Victory". I just think that it will do him some good to see that people dont agree with him perhaps as much as he thinks.... the ying needs the yang. Having said that, listen to Richey. In this case i dont think "the idiot wields the power".

Daft thing is, if miss Rice and her colleagues came over here.... would anyone protest?

Paddy.
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
James Blast
Banned

Another Black Hawk down, another day..... Diet Coke and a Big Mac anyone? :( :( :(
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dan
Overbomber

Sky news today said something about how during Bush's visit, Blair was gonna make a speech, and "show Bush how grateful to him he is." So I guess Blair is gonna bend over and assume the position.

On Saturday it's 40 years since JFK was assassinated. When Bush is in his motorcade during then next day or so, wouldn't it be awful if... :twisted:
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Youde be shooting the wrong person though....

Paddy
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Andy TG
Overbomber

Dont forget peeps what "Bush" is another name for....................
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

shrub?
Andy TG
Overbomber

Its starts with a C - and rhymes with "Aunt" :-)
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

Dan wrote:On Saturday it's 40 years since JFK was assassinated. When Bush is in his motorcade during then next day or so, wouldn't it be awful if... :twisted:
errr... yes. it would be awful. in what way would adding another body to the pile help anyone?
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

AndyTheGoth wrote:Its starts with a C - and rhymes with "Aunt" :-)
can't? brian cant?