the sisters do dior?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
_emma_
Overbomber

Hey, what "bunch of" films I need to know. At the moment I only recall "Gegen Die Wand" (which was a great film and the choice of that particular song in a film about that particular face of Hamburg was spot-on in my opinion). As for this Dior website, I think it's a bit less spot-on but still not bad at all. And I still maintain what I came up with about 20 years ago: :von: should take part in some beautiful, artistic advertising campaign of some exquisite alcoholic beverage or parfume. I doubt it ever happens but it would be great.
Nadia81
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

It's just advertising-one firm uses a band and then everybody starts using the same-for a while it seemed like "Lust for Life" was constantly on the telly.

The only time I ever heard The Sisters on film was in Rainman-the Tom Cruise/Dustin Hoffman film.
Debaser
Overbomber

Nadia81 wrote:
The only time I ever heard The Sisters on film was in Rainman-the Tom Cruise/Dustin Hoffman film.
They're on Grand Theft Auto game in the bowling alley -This Corrosion if I recall correctly.
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Debaser wrote:
Nadia81 wrote:
They're on Grand Theft Auto game in the bowling alley -This Corrosion if I recall correctly.
GTA 4 Dominion is on the radio :eek:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Debaser
Overbomber

weebleswobble wrote:
Debaser wrote:
Nadia81 wrote:
So that shows that I didn't recall correctly :urff: Perhaps that stuff that shot out of my nose yesterday was mi brain. :lol: :lol:
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Holly_DelRey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Kind of a strange pairing but I give Dior some credit for picking such an awesome song :)
🇨🇦 🔁 🇺🇲
abridged
Slight Overbomber

:von: was never per se opposed to Sister's songs appearing in adverts, films etc (except Crow type ones obviously). There's a difference between writing something for money and getting paid for the use of one of your songs. Nick Cave, I think regreted writing a song for the Batman (if i remember rightly) film, purely because it bought him a house.
The Chancer Corporation
Being645
Wiki Wizard

abridged wrote::von: was never per se opposed to Sister's songs appearing in adverts, films etc (except Crow type ones obviously).
And as for the latter - fortunately so ... it didn't get Iggy Pop much further appearing in such films ...

with the slight difference that he's always had an option in The Stooges ...
having jumped on the goth train slightly late, anyway ...
SeiBiT
Road Kill

_emma_ wrote:Hey, what "bunch of" films I need to know. At the moment I only recall "Gegen Die Wand" (which was a great film and the choice of that particular song in a film about that particular face of Hamburg was spot-on in my opinion).
I've seen it last week :lol: (Actually I was thinking about it but i didn't remember the title, I'm sure there are others but my memory is lacking more and more every day... :lol: )
weebleswobble wrote:
Debaser wrote:
Nadia81 wrote:
That was... meh.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

christophe wrote:
I'm a young pup, I know this :wink: and I have gotten to know tsom in the 2000s so I have not lived trough their peak moment but I never have gotten the impression the general audience really know them, ever.
I would not call it an 80's band either. Not only because of Vision Thing of which More was launced into commercial charts but you as a Belgian should now
that the Sisters reached their widest audience in Belgium because of TOL 92 which got a high chart position in several countries next to Belgium. Inspite (or should I say because) of that, the song was no part of the setlist at the PP 92
gig. The Inglese did not play Temple Of Love. :D

I know the song finds it's origin in the 80's but it certainly did not sound like it in the 90's. :P
"as we walk on the floodland"
jparton
Road Kill

cardoman wrote:What a nice black fashion collection....
I noticed that 'kin Goffs :lol:
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Ozpat wrote: I know the song finds it's origin in the 80's but it certainly did not sound like it in the 90's. :P
Sisters songs are timeless ... ;D ...
radiojamaica
Overbomber

_emma_ wrote:At the moment I only recall "Gegen Die Wand" (which was a great film and the choice of that particular song in a film about that particular face of Hamburg was spot-on in my opinion).
:notworthy: :D :notworthy: word for word, sister :notworthy: :D :notworthy:

I do think it's cool Dior uses The Sisters music. And I don't think it's a 'hey this songs sounds familiar and it's cheap too' kind of thing for them.
They (the Dior peepz) probably love the Sisters' cool and feel the music fits perfectly with their concept & vision :wink:
I know more Fashion people that adore the Sisters more than just a little...
It's a bit like Bowie, also very populair in those circles...

Oh, and in my opinion they very much are an old B-klass band! But there is no other like them and they're obviously way more interesting than the A-listers! 8) :notworthy:
in dub we trust
_emma_
Overbomber

radiojamaica wrote:They (the Dior peepz) probably love the Sisters' cool and feel the music fits perfectly with their concept & vision :wink:
Naah, those models look too young, too healthy, too tall and generally too polished. :twisted: :P
robertzombie
Overbomber

I quite like the extended mix they've done for the site. How does one nick it? :innocent:
methadrine
Road Kill

robertzombie wrote:I quite like the extended mix they've done for the site. How does one nick it? :innocent:
With Audio Hi-jack if you use a mac, with Wavepad if you're using Windows... :innocent:
Stating the bloody obvious since... well, forever.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

robertzombie wrote:I quite like the extended mix they've done for the site. How does one nick it? :innocent:
:lol: ... yes, how? ... I'd also like to know ... ;D ...
randdebiel²

Nadia81 wrote: The only time I ever heard The Sisters on film was in Rainman-the Tom Cruise/Dustin Hoffman film.
and then of course there's vision thing in Showgirls ;D
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
Sita

I had no idea Sisters songs were in that many films. I should watch Showgirls for that reason! But I don't want to watch Rain Man again. Anyone please tell me in which scene there's Sisters, and why, so I don't have to watch :urff:

This is a bit OT but Hollylicious you've got a nice avatar there ;D
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Being645 wrote:Oh, in Germany you could even hear them on the standard radio ...

In addition, :von: used to supplement his pocket-money by writing for various magazines time and again ...
such as GQ or The Rolling Stone (Bowie interview) * ... and - possibly - for a few unknown local leaflets ... :lol: ...

* http://www.myheartland.co.uk/gallery/de ... ge_id=1369
I have to correct myself ... what I had remembered to be GQ was in fact the Austrian magazine EGO which exisited only from 1991 'til 1995 ...
I've still got this article somewhere ... as soon as I've found it, I'll upload it to the gallery - it is however in German ...
Holly_DelRey

Sita wrote: This is a bit OT but Hollylicious you've got a nice avatar there ;D
🇨🇦 🔁 🇺🇲
Nadia81
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

@ sita-I really like your avatar-is it a book cover?

( and yet another HL thread gets wildly derailed)
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Nadia81 wrote:@ sita-I really like your avatar-is it a book cover?

( and yet another HL thread gets wildly derailed)
"I Am A Cat" by Soseki Natsume :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_a_Cat

http://www.amazon.co.uk/I-am-Cat-Tuttle ... 80483265X/
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Sita

Danke, Herr Administrator! :wink:

Yes, it is a hilarious Japanese newspaper serial novel from 1905.

Just another thought on topic. Maybe girls and guys view this differently. I love Dior make-up and fragrances (and I might love their other stuff too if I could afford to try it). So Sisters + Dior to me feels like a sexy combination.
(sorry if that sounds wacky :oops: )
I would probably find it too commercial, like sellout etc., if it were H+M or Coke or something like that. I buy my shirts at H+M, but there's nothing interesting about them.
Holly_DelRey

^I'll have to look into that novel! I'm fascinated with all Japanese & Asian things. May even get an Asian inspired tatt. when I'm in London June :D
H&M is my fav clothing store too but we dun have one here. Only the Mainlands :(

Back on topic..would like to see Gucci use a Sisters tune for one of their shows. Not up on the whole fashion industry but I like some of Gucci's line.
🇨🇦 🔁 🇺🇲