Krautrock on the telly

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

The BBC filmed Klaus Schulze in August 2009 in and outside his studio. It will be used in a documentary that will be broadcast on 23 October 2009 on British BBC 4 (TV) at 9 pm. At the moment the film is called "Krautrock: The Rebirth of Germany" but the title can be changed.

and

there's one about Synth Pop and another about the Sheffield (no laughing at the back) music scene coming up

I can't find the linkys now, go Googleâ„¢

"the night's are fair drawin' in"
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

There's a good one about The Sheffield Post Punk scene out there already, called "The Birth Of Electronic Pop" or something very similar.

I have it on DVD, and I would certainly recommend it.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

James Blast wrote:The BBC filmed Klaus Schulze in August 2009 in and outside his studio. It will be used in a documentary that will be broadcast on 23 October 2009 on British BBC 4 (TV) at 9 pm. At the moment the film is called "Krautrock: The Rebirth of Germany" but the title can be changed.
Ooh! I will have to check if our Digital thingy does 4, otherwise I will have to hint at someone to hit the button :innocent: Saw him last Friday (+ Lisa Gerrard), and whilst everything sounded very alike, I was mighty well impressed. And it was sold out too :eek:

But then again it's Brussels where even the Sisters sell out
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Obviousman wrote:Ooh! I will have to check if our Digital thingy does 4, otherwise I will have to hint at someone to hit the button :innocent:
If it is Telenet Digital, it does not do BBC 4 unless you pay for it ;)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
James Blast
Banned

I'll stick it on a disc, I can do that these days :D

BTW Iz I got some spam from your e-mail address
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

James Blast wrote:I'll stick it on a disc, I can do that these days :D

BTW Iz I got some spam from your e-mail address
I know. I also sent all my contacts an explanation mail a week or so ago.

From now on, use the forgreatergood at telenet dot be exclusively.

I altered password today, hope it helps :|

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
James Blast
Banned

how did it happen?

anyhoo, more details

Krautrock: The Rebirth Of Germany
BBC4 Friday

This documentary film examines how a radical generation of Krautrockers rebuilt a new German musical identity out of the cultural ruins of war.
Overlooked in their own country, these bands were grouped under the unsympathetic heading of Krautrock by an inquisitive British music press, when Dad's Army and war jokes were the lingua franca of the times. Nearly all of the bands objected to the term, apart from when it helped to shift records.
Today, Krautrock is one of the coolest influences any band aiming at credibility can drop.
Devotees include The Fall, Franz Ferdinand, Radiohead and Kasabian.
In 1968, the world was in the grip of a youthful revolution, and nowhere were the stakes higher than in Germany. Despite a post-war economic boom, the youth of the country felt that nothing had changed for a generation growing up in the aftermath of war. Power was still in the hands of an older generation and Germany's once magnificent artistic culture lay trashed and looted, much of it sullied by Nazi associations. For young people in cities like Berlin, Dusseldorf, Cologne and Munich, it was time for something new.
Between 1968 and 1977, bands including Neu!, Faust, Can and Kraftwerk looked beyond Anglo-American pop to create some of the most radical and original sounds ever heard in the country. The experiments of Tangerine Dream, Kraftwerk and Cluster would give the world its first taste of electronica.
By the late Seventies, some famous English and American ears took notice as David Bowie, Brian Eno and Iggy Pop decamped to Germany in an attempt to tap into the Zeitgeist. Meanwhile, in a studio overlooking the Berlin Wall, Iggy and Bowie would record Low, Heroes and Lust For Life, taking the sound and feel of Krautrock to the bank and to the world at large.
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

for those interested in this kinda stuff:

Elektronische musik: a guide to krautrock

It might be more than 30 years old, but krautrock, Germany's experimental music from the 1970s, still has a freshness that sixth-generation British indie bands can't match.

etc

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicbl ... -krautrock
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Quiff Boy wrote:for those interested in this kinda stuff:

Elektronische musik: a guide to krautrock

It might be more than 30 years old, but krautrock, Germany's experimental music from the 1970s, still has a freshness that sixth-generation British indie bands can't match.

etc

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicbl ... -krautrock
Read about it, about to order it. Thanks for pointing it out again though :D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr