The Sisters of Cyberpunk

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

William Gibson wrote:Q What project have you considered seriously that your readers would probably find most surprising?
A A space opera, but in the style of Paul Scott's novel The Chinese Love Pavillion. I actually had a contract, but bailed on it, wrote Count Zero instead. Envisioned as early [Samuel R] Delany meets Andrew Eldritch, sort of.
(from William Gibson's latest blog entry)

William Gibson and Eldritch had been corresponding some years ago, but interesting to see this remark.
Nadia81
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Yes but I'm not sure what Gibson meant-written in the style of early Delaney+ the style of Eldritch? Von writes what he writes and the way he writes because he's the person he is-I don't think he has a "style" that anyone could copy.

(and thank you-I didn't know Gibson had a blog.off to read...)
copper
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

MEANWHILE, BACK AT THE SHERATON, DR. JEEP PLAYS ON AND ON AND ON...

Bruce Sterling introduced me to Sisters of Mercy on our DIFFERENCE ENGINE tour, and "Vision Thing" became our official tour anthem; so, no, I wasn't listening to them when I wrote NEUROMANCER. I was listening to what Andrew Eldritch listened to in order to write those songs, I intuit.

He's one fine lyricist, is Andrew Eldritch.

- http://www.williamgibsonbooks.com/archi ... rchive.asp
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Fairly awesome.