the sisters do dior?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
_emma_
Overbomber

Sita wrote: I love Dior make-up and fragrances
Poison, Dune and Dolce Vita are in my top-ten list of all time too. 8)
Back in time
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Sita wrote:So Sisters + Dior to me feels like a sexy combination.
(sorry if that sounds wacky :oops: )
It does not, in fact it sounds just like you describe it.
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the reaper man.
Back in time

_emma_ wrote:
Sita wrote: I love Dior make-up and fragrances
Poison, Dune and Dolce Vita are in my top-ten list of all time too. 8)
Posion is kept in small bottles. :wink:
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the reaper man.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Poison? Oh no, please not ... I fall ill within minutes ... so glad this fashion has gone ... :urff: ...

It was really a torture every morning on the tram ...
causing sickness and headaches for the rest of the day ...
though it reminds me of the days when it was still allowed to smoke on the tram ... ;D ...
_emma_
Overbomber

Being645 wrote:Poison? Oh no, please not ... I fall ill within minutes ... so glad this fashion has gone ... :urff: ...
:lol: Well, each to their own. :) But I agree that there was a time when it became much too common, to the point that it got boring. Even communist Poland had a pirate version of it, almost identical, called "Currara". Oh those were the days. Cheap pirate cassette tapes and cheap pirate parfumes. :lol: :urff:
Being645
Wiki Wizard

:lol: ... It was soo common ... when I got on the tram at the first door, there was someone wearing it ... :urff: ...
so I fled to the last seats ... next station, doors open ... incoming next candidate ... :urff: ...
me :evil: running to the middle of the tram, next station ... all over ... :urff: ...
and in the morning they all used to take a proper dose to last all day ... :urff: :urff: :urff: ...

Finally I went to work by bicycle ... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol:

and later on by car ... ;D ... which had a cool radio-cassette player ... :twisted: ;D :lol: ...
_emma_
Overbomber

Speaking of parfumes and still kind of on topic... I've said it before here most probably, but there are probably some new people (girls) here who haven't seen me say it so I'll say it again. Kenzo Pour Homme, the first one, the one with dark blue bottle that appeared in the early 90s, the first (I think) men's fragrance made mainly of ozone / sea notes and never outweighed in my opinion. When it appeared I remember thinking Wow this is a scent created for Eldritch. It smells like his songs. He should wear it, he should get together with Kenzo and advertise it, and no other man on earth should ever be allowed to wear it. :von:
(Sadly, later I met many really stupid men who smelt of it. :? :lol: Still love the perfume though.)
Debaser
Overbomber

Being645 wrote::lol: ... It was soo common ... when I got on the tram at the first door, there was someone wearing it ... :urff: ...
so I fled to the last seats ... next station, doors open ... incoming next candidate ... :urff: ...
me :evil: running to the middle of the tram, next station ... all over ... :urff: ...
and in the morning they all used to take a proper dose to last all day ... :urff: :urff: :urff: ...
I categorise Poison with another perfume - Georgio Beverly Hills. Terribly overpowering, infact wasn't the latter banned in certain workplaces in the US?

The only Dior perfume I like is Miss Dior, I find them all a bit 'cloying'
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Sita

LOL - I remember those times too when the scent of Poison was everywhere!
Being645
Wiki Wizard

@_emma_
... I'm simply allergic ... just bad luck ... :wink: ... also against bathroom refreshing sprays,
latex, black gum, formaldehyd, deos, aroma candles, incense sticks and these litte trees for cars ... :urff: ...

No problem with Patchouli, however ... ;D ... and there are a few parfumes that do not serve a problem for me, the more fresh and fruity scents ...

Kenzo pour Homme, sounds tempting the way you describe it ... :lol: : ;D : :lol: ... maybe I'd like that. I've got no problem with Men's fragrances, mostly ... ;D ...

@Debaser
... oh yes, I remember, there was another such fragrance
at that time ... and shortly after that came ...Colours of Benetton ... :urff: :lol: ...

It must wonderful to be able to enjoy all these scents ...
like whole worlds with colours and shades in fine and exciting nuances ...

Alas, I've got used to living without parfumes, make-up and such stuff ... :wink: ...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

:o

there's been a few variations of that kenzo pour homme

i love this one 8)

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Kenz ... me-79.html
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Being645
Wiki Wizard

The packing and the colour look fresh and interesting, but somewhat suspiciosly smooth... :roll: ... and indeed ...
saturn_man: ... feels so sexy,specially with white boxers.
:lol: ... I knew there was something wrong with it ... :lol: ...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

i use Listerineâ„¢ at least twice a day.
GC
Slight Overbomber

Bartek wrote:i use Listerineâ„¢ at least twice a day.
It's not working :lol:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

honey i thought that i explained you that, after sleeping everyone got bad breath.
Debaser
Overbomber

Being645 wrote:@_emma_
... I'm simply allergic ... formaldehyd, ... :urff: ...

How on earth did you find THAT out? :eek:
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Hundreds of allergy tests on my back, on my arms ... :( ... that one really ulcerated ... :urff: ...
Debaser
Overbomber

Being645 wrote:Hundreds of allergy tests on my back, on my arms ... :( ... that one really ulcerated ... :urff: ...
But why on earth would they test you for it? Unless I'm missing something obvious isn't formaldehyde what you put dead stuff in to preserve it?

Yes I know I could be looking very foolish here and perhaps I should have checked with some independant research first. But hey ho
Debaser
Overbomber

Debaser wrote:
Yes I know I could be looking very foolish here and perhaps I should have checked with some independant research first. But hey ho
And now I have. In shampoos, condidtioners, cosmetics, glue, bubble bath - it must be a nightmare for you :eek:
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Formaldehyde / formaline (diluted formaldehyde) is known as a polllutant ... originally, it's a gas. There are regulations as to the quantity
of it within cosmetics, shampoos and so on. It is also contained in food, apples for example. But I don't have a problem with apples.

Usually, it's not that extreme for me. I guess it depends on the concentration and compounds of a certain product. However,
it does make me feel sick and tired and somehow swollen ... I avoid foam baths and various shampoos. Conditioner is absolutely
out of discussion and I don't use cosmetics, parfumes ... there are products with only very little or maybe no formaldehyd.
These are ok with me. I don't use make-up and such stuff, it's not my cup of tea, anyway. I like it if other people do, it can look
really beautiful - but not on me, please.

Whatever essence it is in Poison - within seconds that really takes my breathe, makes my eyes itch and results in a massive
headache which does not react to pain killers ... so I just have to leave where people use it, be it at work or in the opera ...

Wasp venom is even much worse ... I should be in a hospital within short, in case I get stung ...
or take certain pills and swallow some liquid I should always carry with me...

:wink: ... more or less fortunately, these allergies are definitely present, but not so very extreme, since I can avoid getting into contact
with these substances, mostly. But I can hardly enter a drugstore like Douglas or stay for a minute in the detergents department
of a store. The smell makes me sick already from far ... :lol: ...
Debaser
Overbomber

Being645 wrote:

Wasp venom is even much worse ... I should be in a hospital within short, in case I get stung ...
or take certain pills and swallow some liquid I should always carry with me...
I used to teach identical twins with a wasp sting allergy. One twin, if stung, had to be stabbed with an Epi pen immediately but twin two had to be rushed straight to hospital. I could only tell them apart by the pony they were on! :lol:
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Once accidentily ate a wasp when I was young. It landed on an ice pop when I was just about to take a bite. Seems that's another of me nine lives used up! ;D
The Chancer Corporation
_emma_
Overbomber

Being645 wrote:I'm simply allergic ... just bad luck ... :wink: ... also against bathroom refreshing sprays, latex, black gum, formaldehyd, deos, aroma candles, incense sticks and these litte trees for cars ... :urff: ...
No problem with Patchouli, however ... .
Bloody hell it seems you're allergic to all the good stuff in life. :? ;D
As for patchouli, well...
As I see it, patchouli falls in the same category as Poison. This drawer also contains Temple of Love, black eyeshadow, tzatziki, Michael Jackson, red roses under the moonlight etc.... The drawer is called The Stuff So Great That Everybody Wants To Have It Even If 99% Of Them Don't Deserve To Get Anywhere Near Its Genius.
I love patchouli. :notworthy: I also love nettle, blackcurrant leaves, and cat p*ss. They all smell very similar to my nose. :? :oops: Honestly, this is no joke and no irony.
Quiff Boy wrote:there's been a few variations of that kenzo pour homme
Yup, and pour famme too, and they are all lovely and I like them all but it's the one with the dark blue bottle that I find a real masterpiece. :von: