April 17th 2010 - Record Store Day

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Was rather pleased to pick up the Parlophone Bat for Lashes 7" in Avalanche.
Wasn't aware of the existence of Mono until last night, so will have to check it out.
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

I just got for a pricey 25quid the white lies ep on ebay, must get that editors single too!!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I forgot. :oops:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Nicole
Amphetamine Filth

We have one last independent record store here in town - at one time they had three locations, now down to one. Unfortunately they don't participate in the annual record store day, I've checked. I don't shop there much because there actually isn't much of a selection and I worked there for a short time at one of the closed locations, the owner is a real jerk. Things also tend to be a bit overpriced, which I'd be okay with seeing as how I'd be supporting a local place, if it was a place I cared to support.

Interestingly we do have several local stores that buy and sell used material but don't offer anything new, and I've always found more at those stores...
...with the wind in our face and our arms open wide...