Sisters @ ARTmania Festival 2010

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
Silver_Owl
The Don

Peter KJ wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:i have it on good authority that the sisters website will be updated tomorrow to confirm the currently confirmed dates :)
Seems he has forgotten the password again ;D
Patience. :von:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

yeah, i think they're trying to make me look like a liar :lol: :D

:roll:

bunch of slackers...
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Quiff Boy wrote:yeah, i think they're trying to make me look like a liar :lol: :D

:roll:

bunch of slackers...
we know you boss, we know them, no need to defend yourself! :roll: :lol:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
_emma_
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:i have it on good authority that the sisters website will be updated tomorrow to confirm the currently confirmed dates :)
Didn't the same person tell you that the new album should be released next month? :)
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

_emma_ wrote:
Didn't the same person tell you that the new album should be released next month? :)
dammit, yeah.

you think i'd learn wouldn't you? ;D :lol:

i gather they're still waiting on one last venue to confirm before updating the site. they expected it to be early last week but it's taking longer than expected for the venue to get back with a definite yes.
Pista
Cureboi

Have ticket.

Looking for digs now.
;D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Quiff Boy wrote:
_emma_ wrote:
dammit, yeah.

you think i'd learn wouldn't you? ;D :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Quiff Boy wrote: i gather they're still waiting on one last venue to confirm before updating the site. they expected it to be early last week but it's taking longer than expected for the venue to get back with a definite yes.
Most things never take as long as calculated ...
_emma_
Overbomber

Or maybe, maybe there is a tiny little maybe, that more than 3 gigs may be announced.... Just wishfulthinking aloud.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

only 4

:innocent:
_emma_
Overbomber

Oh and'm just wondering - when the site finally gets updated, will it be just plain dates and venues, or will there be something else like some lyrics or something... :)
Heartless
Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:only 4

:innocent:
So they are playing St. Pauli after all? ;-)
No shade of anything can make a good summer over here.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

_emma_ wrote:Oh and'm just wondering - when the site finally gets updated, will it be just plain dates and venues, or will there be something else like some lyrics or something... :)
no idea, sorry :|
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Anyone looked at the logistics of getting there from the UK?

Is the festival near an airport?
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
_emma_
Overbomber

That's a good question. The festival site doesn't seem to give an exact location of the 2010 festival, or am I too dumb to read it.
Any ideas, doulfe or anyone? :notworthy: :notworthy:
Edit:
Found it. Seems I was too dumb to read it after all. ;D
The Sisters will play in the Large Square of the town, which is probably somewhere in the middle of the town, probably close to the train station and all the hotels, right? ;D
Last edited by _emma_ on 19 Apr 2010, 21:12, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

_emma_ wrote:That's a good question. The festival site doesn't seem to give an exact location of the 2010 festival, or am I too dumb to read it.
Any ideas, doulfe or anyone? :notworthy: :notworthy: [/b]
Sibiu seems to be bang in the middle of Romania. It has a small airport http://www.sibiuairport.ro/aeroportul-sibiu_1 with flights to Germany and to Luton, but not at convenient times to say the least. Apparently, Bucharest is about 7 hours train journey away, but it may be a better option for most of us.
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
_emma_
Overbomber

Andrew S wrote:Apparently, Bucharest is about 7 hours train journey away, but it may be a better option for most of us.
A friend of mine visited Romania a year ago for a Transylvania / Danube Delta month's trip (says it was awesome) and she told me that Romanian trains are not exactly as reliable as, say, German trains. So if you want to take a train then maybe it's a good idea to make sure that you get to the venue well in advance (in case the train is late etc.)
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

_emma_ wrote:A friend of mine visited Romania a year ago for a Transylvania / Danube Delta month's trip (says it was awesome) and she told me that Romanian trains are not exactly as reliable as, say, German trains.
Nothing we're not used to in the UK (the land of dead trains) :lol: But yes, I'll bear that in mind.
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
doulfe
Amphetamine Filth

Festival location: Large Square, Sibiu ;D

10 mins away from the train station. Close to anything really, Sibiu is not that big :lol:

Yes, there is an airport in Sibiu. You can fly there with:
Blue Air (low cost flights) - from Cologne, London (Luton), Madrid, Stuttgart or Valencia
TAROM and Lufthansa - from Munich
Austrian Airlines - from Vienna

Other options: flying to Cluj-Napoca and then taking a bus to Sibiu (4 hours or so) or flying to Bucharest and taking the train (7-8 hours :urff: ) or a bus (5 hours). The bus station in Bucharest is VERY far from the airport and the trains are VERY slow (and always late).
I usually take the train from Sibiu to Bucharest, it's safer :lol:

Trains:
Bucharest (Gara de Nord) - Sibiu: http://www.mersultrenurilor.ro/Ruta/Buc ... Nord/Sibiu
Sibiu - Bucharest (Gara de Nord): http://www.mersultrenurilor.ro/Ruta/sib ... resti_nord
10-15 EUR

Buses:
Bucharest - Sibiu and back: http://www.transmixt.ro/csp/autogari/site/index.csp - 7-8 EUR + a lot of time to get to the airport or another 7EUR to take a taxi

Timetables may be subject to change.

Anyone flying to Cluj?

Anyone mad enough to drive to Sibiu?

I'll search for some accommodation info and come back here to share it with you, as right now I really don't know what to recommend (never needed it, you know... :lol: )
It's a small world and it smells funny Image
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Wow ... ;D ... what a pretty place, thanks for the picture ... ;D ...

and all your other infos as well ...

Do you know, how to get a ticket if one lives outside Romania, btw ... :?:
doulfe
Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote: Do you know, how to get a ticket if one lives outside Romania, btw ... :?:
ARTmania website says they're available here http://www.oeticket.com/portal/en/europe/ ... but apparently they're not (quelle surprise) :urff:

I'll call tomorrow and ask. Maybe you'll have to wait a little bit.
It's a small world and it smells funny Image
Being645
Wiki Wizard

As you said earlier ... patience ... ;D ... :notworthy: ...
_emma_
Overbomber

doulfe wrote:Anyone mad enough to drive to Sibiu?
I thought I was but then found out that there is a direct bus from my town to Sibiu, and back. 8) How cool is that, eh? :D
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Andrew S wrote: Sibiu seems to be bang in the middle of Romania. It has a small airport http://www.sibiuairport.ro/aeroportul-sibiu_1 with flights to Germany and to Luton, but not at convenient times to say the least. Apparently, Bucharest is about 7 hours train journey away, but it may be a better option for most of us.
Flights from Glasgow are looking both expensive and indirect - one stop off with time varying from about six to twelve hours! :| :eek:
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
paul
Overbomber

Very nice place indeed...