I'll Give Yer F*ckin' Floodland...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Pista
Cureboi

I was in the UK last week, when this all happened.
Sending good vibes to all affected.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Norman Hunter wrote: Also turns out that the churchyard that my brother-in-law recently buried his sister in has been washed away - I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions, suffice to say that his mother suffered a suspected stroke upon hearing the news (luckily she's okay).
OMG!! Oh shame man! Again thoughts out to your sister and family that have had to go through all this!
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

MadameButterfly wrote:
Norman Hunter wrote: Also turns out that the churchyard that my brother-in-law recently buried his sister in has been washed away - I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions, suffice to say that his mother suffered a suspected stroke upon hearing the news (luckily she's okay).
OMG!! Oh shame man! Again thoughts out to your sister and family that have had to go through all this!
Yeah, it's not just the physical damage but the mental trauma that goes with it. Totally different circumstances but I was once avacuated from my flat for a whole year while they basically rebuilt it after storm damage collapsed all the chimneys. No-one was injured, I didn't actually lose that much that couldn't be easily replaced and the insurance company was brilliant but the anguish and living out of a suitcase was bad enough in itself. So I have an inkling of what it might be like for people involved. They're all going through hell just now and don't know when or even if it will stop or if there's more to come. Our thoughts are with you all.
darkparticle
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Also turns out that the churchyard that my brother-in-law recently buried his sister in has been washed away
sounds a pretty grim experience, hope you're able to get cracking on clearing things as best you can soon, what can be said? :( :roll: My folks are in the Lakes but doing ok, sitting it out until there's a break
People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid.

- Soren Aabye Kierkegaard
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Also turns out that the churchyard that my brother-in-law recently buried his sister in has been washed away
:urff: ... and the water and the mud got in everywhere ...

sorry to hear such news ...

loads of strength to everyone affected ... and my best wishes for no further rain ... :roll: ...
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

stufarq wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:
Yeah, it's not just the physical damage but the mental trauma that goes with it. Totally different circumstances but I was once avacuated from my flat for a whole year while they basically rebuilt it after storm damage collapsed all the chimneys. No-one was injured, I didn't actually lose that much that couldn't be easily replaced and the insurance company was brilliant but the anguish and living out of a suitcase was bad enough in itself. So I have an inkling of what it might be like for people involved. They're all going through hell just now and don't know when or even if it will stop or if there's more to come. Our thoughts are with you all.
The physical damage is enough to give you grey hairs but like you say the mental trauma or emotional trauma is the worse kind I would think! And then not knowing when you can start rebuilding again after all the mess is cleaned up! Goodness me, your story of having to live out a suitcase and the anguish for a year I can also understand! The last I heard & that was at the beginning of the week was that more rain was expected. If anyone wants to help I know there is a fund set up on FB to help with regards to contributions.....

....I'm sure Mr. Hunter will post a linky for that! :wink:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

MadameButterfly wrote:....I'm sure Mr. Hunter will post a linky for that! :wink:
Please don't feel obliged...

http://www.cumbriafoundation.org/
Four strings good, six strings bad
Garbageman
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

My Wife was born in Whitehaven and has family in the area.
Our thoughts are with you in a difficult time.
Like pushing a marsmallow into a piggy bank
nigel d
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Best wishes old man, to you and your family

i live nr egremont, just down the road really,
The whole of the area's infrastructure failed for a couple of days. there are still repercussions because of the bridge closures etc.
i am more likely to release an album before the sisters
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

nigel d wrote:The whole of the area's infrastructure failed for a couple of days. there are still repercussions because of the bridge closures etc.
Thanks, mucker. The Army are in today to set up a Bailey Bridge across the Derwent.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wilt ... 382156.stm
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

GC
Slight Overbomber

:lol: :lol: Cockermouth (again) :lol: :lol: :innocent: :roll:
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Gollum's Cock wrote::lol: :lol: Cockermouth (again) :lol: :lol: :innocent: :roll:
Get over it :wink:

Imagine what it was like when I started University: "Where are you from, then..?"

The jokes got a tad dreary...