Eminently Sensible...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Punk trainspotting with Captain Sensible

Trainspotting.

With The Damned.

A little bit of me just died inside. :(
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

o.O
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Ah I don't know, have a soft spot for steam trains. Worse I find myself being interested in the wild-life of me daily train journey. Outside I mean. Not on the train! ;D
The Chancer Corporation
Big Si
School Bully

That was f**king lovely! 8) :D And he's a Steam Enthusiast, not a Trainspotter :roll:

Dunno what you're so sad about. You do know that the Cap'n is a bit of a Geek, Baisturt? He wrote and sang the theme tune to Big Break
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Logan (my wee boy) loves trains.

This is cool by me. :lol:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Big Si
School Bully

weebleswobble wrote:Logan (my wee boy) loves trains.

This is cool by me. :lol:
Aye, my nephew Lucas is pure mad mental for Thomas the Tank Engine :notworthy:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Big Si wrote:That was f**king lovely! 8) :D And he's a Steam Enthusiast, not a Trainspotter :roll:

Dunno what you're so sad about. You do know that the Cap'n is a bit of a Geek, Baisturt? He wrote and sang the theme tune to Big Break
I don't mind that he's a bit of a geek - I couldn't give a tuppeny damn whether he nurtures croci in his time off. But I didn't need to see the wiring behind the board - it would be like meeting :von: when he's wearing ragged shorts and a faded Wham! t-shirt buying a pint of milk in his local Spar at 2am (imho). I prefer to think of him as a 17' tall rock god, wreathed in smoke and lasers, getting into my head by any means necessary - I don't need to see him washing his smalls.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Being645
Wiki Wizard

:lol: ... I love trains ... :D ...
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Big Si wrote:He wrote and sang the theme tune to Big Break
You are having a laugh! :eek:

Rather worryingly, I walk around singing that all the time. I didn't realise he was responsible for it :lol:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Big Si
School Bully

boudicca wrote:

Rather worryingly, I walk around singing that all the time. I didn't realise he was responsible for it :lol:
http://www.captainsensible.com/bio.htm wrote:Captain Sensible has also toured with his solo band Punk Floyd. His recording of "The Snooker Song" from Mike Batt's musical The Hunting Of The Snark was used as the theme music for the BBC gameshow Big Break for many years.

In breaks from band activities Sensible has been known to produce advertisements (Weetabix, Kingsmill Bread, Wotsits, etc) while also writing music for movie soundtracks such as "Brain's Theme" for the horror flick Skinned Deep in 2004.

He sometimes makes time to perform with Dead Men Walking, a punk supergroup featuring Mike Peters (The Alarm), Kirk Brandon (Spear of Destiny) and Slim Jim Phantom (Stray Cats).

:wink:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
nodubmanshouts
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Could be worse.

You could find out he plays golf.

Feel better now?
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Big Si wrote:
boudicca wrote:

http://www.captainsensible.com/bio.htm wrote:Captain Sensible has also toured with his solo band Punk Floyd. His recording of "The Snooker Song" from Mike Batt's musical The Hunting Of The Snark was used as the theme music for the BBC gameshow Big Break for many years.

In breaks from band activities Sensible has been known to produce advertisements (Weetabix, Kingsmill Bread, Wotsits, etc) while also writing music for movie soundtracks such as "Brain's Theme" for the horror flick Skinned Deep in 2004.

He sometimes makes time to perform with Dead Men Walking, a punk supergroup featuring Mike Peters (The Alarm), Kirk Brandon (Spear of Destiny) and Slim Jim Phantom (Stray Cats).

:wink:
Now that is really quite depressing. About 10 years ago the Damned were one of my favourite bands, but I find it nothing short of disturbing that you can draw a direct line from punk to Jim bloody Davidson.
moses
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

He's called captain Sensible for fcuks sake. What do you expect, a serious chap who cares about social and political issues??

Loved the link. Thank you :)
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity
boudicca
Sister Midnight

moses wrote:He's called captain Sensible for fcuks sake. What do you expect, a serious chap who cares about social and political issues??
Er, no. I just have a not-entirely-irrational fear of anything that's vaguely connected to Jim Davidson.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

boudicca wrote: Er, no. I just have a not-entirely-irrational fear of anything that's vaguely connected to Jim Davidson.
On the plus side, casual racism is no longer the subject for Saturday night TV light entertainment.

"My mate Chalky... "
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!