Slightly depressed.... (CBPOB)

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Email thread:

Idiot Coworker (IC): How do I log on to this application from home?
EvilBastard: Do you have an ID for it?
IC: [forwards me an email with his ID and instructions for logging on] I don't know if I have an ID.
EvilBastard: Did you read the email that you sent me?
IC: Yes - my question is pretty straightforward. How do I log on?
EvilBastard: You're kidding me, right?
IC: Don't take that tone with me!
EvilBastard: Did you read the email?
IC: Fine, I won't come to you for help again.

:roll:

Development of idiot-proof instructions will always lag the development of better idiots.

[Edit for Mr. Blast's benefit]
Last edited by EvilBastard on 19 May 2010, 17:38, edited 2 times in total.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
James Blast
Banned

I get 'IC' but who is 'Me', pls?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
mh
Above the Chemist

An unfortunate accident involving a low-flying seagull with uncanny aim and an unremitting grudge against humanity. :urff:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

When something happens in life that should be such an amazing event of celebration, and it's only caused stress and unwanted feelings it makes me depressed. I'm trying to stay objective, but it's not possible anymore.

i'm going to be an aunty for the first time but it looks like my sister is going to be a single mum
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

CPOB clients who suddenly decide they want a whole new piece of functionality in their web-site on the day it's supposed to be signed off and finished. I'm tearing my f**king hear out here. :evil:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
DeWinter
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Rent being hiked up retroactively. I suddenly owe £300 that I didn't before hand. I suspect a conspiracy to prevent me being able to move from this dump of a town. Hope Capital Gains wipes her BTL business out.
"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.."
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Woah! Where are you living that they can raise the rent and backdate it?! That cannot possibly be legal - do you have a lease?
Hank Moody
DeWinter
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

EvilBastard wrote:Woah! Where are you living that they can raise the rent and backdate it?! That cannot possibly be legal - do you have a lease?
Yeah, we do. In about late November the rent was reduced, because the house was falling apart and we didn't have hot water for extended periods amongst other things. Anyway, March-ish we're told the rent is being raised back up again after repairs, and we're fine with it. Until we're given a new bill showing arrears. Turns out she meant all the way back to the beginning. As the reduction wasn't in writing, we can't tell her to get stuffed. :(
It's not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things, but that was my deposit money for our new place, so am stuck trying to pay a pretty exorbitant rent and trying to find deposit money again. Hmmph.
"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.."
EvilBastard
Overbomber

DeWinter wrote:
EvilBastard wrote:Woah! Where are you living that they can raise the rent and backdate it?! That cannot possibly be legal - do you have a lease?
Yeah, we do. In about late November the rent was reduced, because the house was falling apart and we didn't have hot water for extended periods amongst other things. Anyway, March-ish we're told the rent is being raised back up again after repairs, and we're fine with it. Until we're given a new bill showing arrears. Turns out she meant all the way back to the beginning. As the reduction wasn't in writing, we can't tell her to get stuffed. :(
It's not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things, but that was my deposit money for our new place, so am stuck trying to pay a pretty exorbitant rent and trying to find deposit money again. Hmmph.
I'd be inclined to threaten legal action - you've got enshrined rights as far as what you are entitled to as a tenant (like, hot water). So she lowered the rent during the repairs and now she's asking for you to pay the same rent as normal during the repair period. Not allowed. Small claims court should see you right, or pop into the local Citizens Advice.
Hank Moody
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

USA Spelling.

Specialty? It's speciality you stupid f**king spellchecker!

The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

My mummy was due in Leeds today, due to outside circumstances she won't be with us until tomorrow (hopefully).

never nice hearing your mum cry down the phone.

:cry:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Debaser
Overbomber

slightly? SLIGHTLY?? Nah frickin distraught - should be sat on a beach in Barcelona watching The Pixies but instead am being plagued by texts by friends who ARE! :( :( :( :( :(

Doncha just hate 'life stuff' :?
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
James Blast
Banned

JEZZIZ! that's harsh Missus, wh'appen? :eek:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Debaser wrote:slightly? SLIGHTLY?? Nah frickin distraught - should be sat on a beach in Barcelona watching The Pixies but instead am being plagued by texts by friends who ARE! :( :( :( :( :(

Doncha just hate 'life stuff' :?
:| :| :| :|
You were missed!
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

the_inescapable_truth
Amphetamine Filth

Watching 'How the Other Half Live' on 4od.

:| :| :|
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Nae graft available. I'm poorer than church mouses. :roll:
Silver_Owl
The Don

...folllowing 24 hours in the hospital. The little fella had another fibral convulsion on Tuesday. :( Back home now - but a 20 minute fit is the most shocking thing to witness especially when it's your own flesh and blood. :|
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
James Blast
Banned

Feck!
~ Peter Steele
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Hom_Corleone wrote:...folllowing 24 hours in the hospital. The little fella had another fibral convulsion on Tuesday. :( Back home now - but a 20 minute fit is the most shocking thing to witness especially when it's your own flesh and blood. :|
Steve mate, glad the nipper is OK. My heart goes out to you and yours XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Silver_Owl
The Don

Thanks boys. :)
On the up side, I did get to watch Toy Story and Dinosaurs. ;D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Blimey. Hope everything's OK with the wee one.
—Bertrand Russell
mh
Above the Chemist

Hom_Corleone wrote:...folllowing 24 hours in the hospital. The little fella had another fibral convulsion on Tuesday. :( Back home now - but a 20 minute fit is the most shocking thing to witness especially when it's your own flesh and blood. :|
Jesus man, that sounds like quite an appalling thing to have to go through. Best wishes.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Silver_Owl
The Don

Although, (possibly) on the up side - it got me out of going to see Goldfrapp on Tuesday night. :wink:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Hom_Corleone wrote:Thanks boys. :)
On the up side, I did get to watch Toy Story and Dinosaurs. ;D
jeebus! :o

hope they're ok and everything settles back down to the usual controlled chaos ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?