Culling is coming

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

A skip arrived at my door today and the horrible task of clearing out 40 years worth of detritus began.
I came across my Q and Mojo collection both of which went from 1st edition to sometime around 1997.
It feels wrong just to throw them in the skip so, if there is anyone who can collect them, you are more than welcome.
My small (maybe 12) collection of The Face have already hit the skip.

All my cassettes are going binward too, there's undoubtably some gems in there but, I think they already can be found online.

The VHSs have a reprieve and will languish for another 14 years in the garage.

Monday deadline folks
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Pat
Slight Overbomber

I feel your pain ! Can't help with the clear out , sorry.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

If you have the issue of Sky with the topless Wendy James on the front of it (late 1989, I think), I"ll take it off your hands for...er...research purposes... :lol:

I went through the same thing a while back - but snipped all the Sisters related stuff out of the mags before recycling.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
James Blast
Banned

Jordan before boob madness in a Loaded?

that'll be after she was Kathleen Price but before she was Katie Price top selling author
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
mh
Above the Chemist

Feel your pain mate. It's goddam difficult to not get sentimental over some old stuff. Be strong.

Although if I was you I'd be holding on to the cassettes.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
James Blast
Banned

ken whit ye mean Michael but they have done nowt but gather smoke damage for 14 years, if I was gonna play them I'd ah done it by now. I'm keeping my stack ISIHACs and JAMs and assorted BBC comedy broadcasts, especially Frank Muir and Clement Freud enthralling an audience just talking about themselves :D

for them as ken ;D
~ Peter Steele
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Pat wrote:I feel your pain ! Can't help with the clear out , sorry.

Wot he said. I'm no help but I feel the pain.

(Ps. I''m finally sorting Spotify this week. I'm from Yorkshire, everything takes a while 8) )
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
sam1
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:ken whit ye mean Michael but they have done nowt but gather smoke damage for 14 years, if I was gonna play them I'd ah done it by now.
totally agree--be ruthless-chuck the whole lot out and feel good about it!!
James Blast
Banned

found a chap on t'Word forum who's happy to pick up the mags :D
Purple Light wrote:(Ps. I''m finally sorting Spotify this week. I'm from Yorkshire, everything takes a while 8) )
you should be kicked soft! ;D
~ Peter Steele
James Blast
Banned

Good news everybody!

and bad...

in this cull I finally found the interview with (The Divine) Patricia Morrison from the NME 12 Nov 1988, but only the first part. :|
IIRC the second part was only a few paras, so most of the meate is in what I found. I'll scan it ASAP and get it loaded. :D
~ Peter Steele
radiojamaica
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:Good news everybody!

and bad...

in this cull I finally found the interview with (The Divine) Patricia Morrison from the NME 12 Nov 1988, but only the first part. :|
IIRC the second part was only a few paras, so most of the meate is in what I found. I'll scan it ASAP and get it loaded. :D
I'll be waitin'...

Too bad the old Mojo's are gone by now, I love those old things.
in dub we trust
James Blast
Banned

aye all gone Koen, I did keep the first issues tho :D

anyway here's the Divine Ms M interview part#1, it breaks my heart that I couldn't find the second part

I still have a larger version that's more legible so I've PM'd the Boss, he'll ken whit tae dae :)

that's 3 scans 'shopped together BTW, can you spot the joins? :lol:
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

James Blast wrote:that's 3 scans 'shopped together BTW, can you spot the joins? :lol:
No actually! :notworthy:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

groovy, ta 8)

i'll have a look over the weekend and work out what the best way of 'presenting' it is :)

cheers :notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Good one James :notworthy:
in dub we trust