another cover..

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
xfloorshowx
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

.. I didn't want to hear :twisted:

The Eternal Afflict (german electro whatever band) decided to slaughter Black Planet... without a doubt on top 5 of useless, worthless covers.

You can have a listen here if you dare..
http://www.roccatune.com/de/index.html? ... anet_1.htm
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

The Shroud - Alice

If you do a cover, do it your way...

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

xfloorshowx wrote:.. I didn't want to hear :twisted:

The Eternal Afflict (german electro whatever band) decided to slaughter Black Planet... without a doubt on top 5 of useless, worthless covers.

You can have a listen here if you dare..
http://www.roccatune.com/de/index.html? ... anet_1.htm
I think it's not that bad - at least until the so called "vocals" starts punish my ears...
The Shroud - Alice

IZ.
Interesting "acoustic" tune but also nothing special. The only cover I really like and actually hear from time to time is that TC version from lambchop.

Another weird german-waldschrat stuff:

klick pronunciation overkill^^
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Izzy HaveMercy wrote: If you do a cover, do it your way...

IZ.
amen :notworthy:
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:The Shroud - Alice

IZ.
The Shroud?
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=fzcaKLcN_ ... re=related
guns & cars & accidents
Izzy HaveMercy

dinky daisy wrote:

IZ.
The Shroud?
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=fzcaKLcN_ ... re=related
No, that's the band Hate ;D

IZ.
dora
Road Kill

IZ.
I completely agree :notworthy:
I always wondered what would happen if conect the Shadows guitars with industrial groove machine?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioIwU0dVXiY

without bass guitar it sounds too minimal and my drum machine is still to much mechanised ;(
no country for old men
James Blast
Banned

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:If you do a cover, do it your way
I'm in complete agreement but that version is a bit half assed, nae passion :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
James Blast
Banned

DocSommer wrote:Another weird german-waldschrat stuff:

klick pronunciation overkill^^
that has no redeeming qualities whatsoever :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
James Blast
Banned

dora wrote:without bass guitar it sounds too minimal and my drum machine is still to much mechanised ;(
that's alright, it is what it is
~ Peter Steele
mh
Above the Chemist

On the other hand I haven't yet decided if this is genius or just taking the pish: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHEzdb8Kz4U

Love the trippy 2001 visuals though! :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
James Blast
Banned

Jeziz! it's been decades since I heard owt by The Bambi Slam - that passes muster for me BTW :D
~ Peter Steele
sultan2075
Overbomber

dora wrote:

IZ.
I completely agree :notworthy:
I always wondered what would happen if conect the Shadows guitars with industrial groove machine?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioIwU0dVXiY

without bass guitar it sounds too minimal and my drum machine is still to much mechanised ;(
Not bad at all--add a non-Von-imitation vocal, in your natural register (and maybe a bass), and it might sound rather good. I really like your guitar playing on this.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
sultan2075
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:Jeziz! it's been decades since I heard owt by The Bambi Slam - that passes muster for me BTW :D
Snuh? That's Automatic Head Detonator, the Only Redeeming Quality of that awful Cleopatra "tribute" record. Is it the same band under a different name? Or am I missing something?

I always thought that was one of the best TSOM covers I'd ever heard. I've never managed to find anything else by them.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Being645
Above the Chemist

IZ.
I like it ... nice, calm and sad ... :)
dora wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioIwU0dVXiY

nevertheless it does not disturb my ears ... pleasantly unagitated ... :) ...
mh wrote:On the other hand I haven't yet decided if this is genius or just taking the pish: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHEzdb8Kz4U
brrr... :urff: ... no, please ...
Nadia81
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

@ Dora-that was actually kind of cool-thanks for the link.
Izzy HaveMercy

sultan2075 wrote:
James Blast wrote:Jeziz! it's been decades since I heard owt by The Bambi Slam - that passes muster for me BTW :D
Snuh? That's Automatic Head Detonator, the Only Redeeming Quality of that awful Cleopatra "tribute" record. Is it the same band under a different name? Or am I missing something?

I always thought that was one of the best TSOM covers I'd ever heard. I've never managed to find anything else by them.
Seconded here. Never heard of Bambi Slam. This is AHD.

IZ.
sultan2075
Overbomber

Slightly off-topic--but has anyone ever heard anything else by AHD? I really do love their cover of Black Planet, and I'd like to hear more by them.
--
radiojamaica
Overbomber

sultan2075 wrote:

Yeah, that's the Automatic Head Detonator cover alright! And like you, I always found it to be the only cover worth its salt on that for the rest dreadful compilation (that Shroud thing is also pretty horrible if you ask me).

I've never came across other stuff by them, so there... ;D

still, it's the first time I see a clip with it! Looks cool-ish 8)
in dub we trust
mh
Above the Chemist

At least this gentleman has left them alone so far. :urff:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.