Currently feeling ambivalent...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

czuczu wrote: :eek: There was?

:lol:
That's because Torquemada, the human, was the villain.
The stories were always written in such away that the reader identified with the aliens/robots/genetically modified soldiers/mutants rather than the humans, because they were the characters who displayed real humanity.

There's a fantastic Torquemada monologue during which he declares "You're all white men now".
On the surface a rather throwaway remark but when you consider it in depth the ramifications are colossal.
Sadly, Pat Mills hasn't written anything that comes close to his eighties peak in recent years.

Right, I think I should get me anorak...
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!