City of Culture...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

UK City of Culture announced tomorrow. Good luck to all the heartlanders from Sheffield, Birmingham and Norwich but I hope Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Stroke City etc etc wins! ;D
The Chancer Corporation
James Blast
Banned

pffff... us Weegies have already done that schtick :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
mh
Above the Chemist

What's Weegie culture anyway? A shell suit, deep-fried Curly Wurlys and ram-raiding the offy at 4AM? ;D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
James Blast
Banned

pretty accurate except for the ram raiding, the Neds round here would be "too wasteed tae start a motor, like mahn" and ye forgot the 'pavement pizza' all o'er thi shaop :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

everyone cross fingers for us.

or else.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
James Blast
Banned

hmmm, hard call on all them citys
~ Peter Steele
moses
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

abridged wrote:Stroke City ;D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Yeah. It was always Derry stroke Londonderry hence...Ahem. Anyhoo another few hours and we'll know. Am not sure what it's like everywhere else but people are excited and hoping for the best here. Well apart from the bigots in the town who want us to lose! :evil: Anyhoo good luck everyone! :)
The Chancer Corporation
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Hurrah!!!!!!!! :D :D :D Hope the other cities benefit also. Always liked Sheffield in particular! :D
The Chancer Corporation
Morale Vampire
Road Kill

Stoke for city of culture is the funniest thing I have ever heard, if it's true it's the same as making Tony Blair a peace envoy to the middle east, just wrong.
I like the Sisters, but I love the Violets
James Blast
Banned

guid point :lol:
~ Peter Steele