Sisters @ Royal Leamington Spa 03/08/2010

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
robertzombie
Overbomber

ONE WEEK
Silver_Owl
The Don

Ooh I could crush a grape!
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Morale Vampire
Road Kill

Two questions for the wise and the wonderful out there.
Does anyone know what the policy at the Assembly is towards cameras/photography?
Also, while I have your partial attention, merchandise wise, will there be any helpful/naughty folks around with CD's or DVD's available for purchase.
Thanks for any help you can give.
7 DAYS AND 3 HOURS TO GO, not that I'm counting
Silver_Owl
The Don

Morale Vampire wrote:Two questions for the wise and the wonderful out there.
Does anyone know what the policy at the Assembly is towards cameras/photography?
I've been there a few times and the security on the door seem fairly relaxed. I've not been searched.

Morale Vampire wrote:Also, while I have your partial attention, merchandise wise, will there be any helpful/naughty folks around with CD's or DVD's available for purchase.
6 DAYS AND 4 HOURS, not that I'm counting
What sort? There's a weeding section you know. :wink:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Morale Vampire
Road Kill

Hom_Corleone wrote:
I've been there a few times and the security on the door seem fairly relaxed. I've not been searched.

Morale Vampire wrote:Also, while I have your partial attention, merchandise wise, will there be any helpful/naughty folks around with CD's or DVD's available for purchase.
Still trying to get my head around the whole weeding thing, would ideally like more recent bits and bobs, thanks for the VERY quick response. Also, I thought it might be nice if I was on here for a while before asking for things, good manners and all that.
Silver_Owl
The Don

Still trying to get my head around the whole weeding thing, would ideally like more recent bits and bobs, thanks for the VERY quick response. Also, I thought it might be nice if I was on here for a while before asking for things, good manners and all that.
Well if there's anything in the weeding section with my name on it I'll be more than happy to do you a copy. I'll even hand deliver it to you in the pub before the gig. How's that for service? :lol:

Just make sure you read this first. :wink:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Morale Vampire
Road Kill

Many thnks for the very kind offer. I'll give the list a scan and let you know. Once again, many thanks for the offer
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Morale Vampire wrote:Many thnks for the very kind offer. I'll give the list a scan and let you know. Once again, many thanks for the offer
Try the sharing section as well,if you can use megaupload,and I can,so it really can't be difficult,you could have loads of stuff on your pc and blasting out the speakers within an hour.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

ribbons69onApril15th wrote:Just ordered two tickets.
Finally arrived today.Chuff me I was starting to get nervous.Rang the Assembly box office on Saturday and explained that my tickets hadn't arrived yet,chap said he'd ring me back.Twenty minutes later he called and said "The reason you haven't received your tickets is that they haven't been despatched yet" I said that was fine,but that I was only ringing because the gig was NEXT BLOODY WEEK!!!!!
If I hadn't rung,would they have ever come?
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
MissionMasque
Road Kill

Hom_Corleone wrote:Image
Ooh I could crush a grape!
Oooh I could jump off a dolls house :D

Oooh I could jive with a jelly baby :lol:

How sad ... I rememberred them :eek:
MissionMasque
Road Kill

Hom_Corleone wrote:

Got searched Once (Pendulum gig).
MissionMasque
Road Kill

ribbons69 wrote:
SteBacchus wrote:Just over a week to go :D , getting exited. I've not seen the sisters since Birmingham NEC '92 :oops: (I know, don't shout). I wanted to ask you all, what's it like for merchandise at the gigs these days (If there is any)? I'm not sure how much money to take.

P.S. It's my birthday today :D , 39 :urff:
Ah,I believe this is my department gentleman,I'll take it from here...
last year at the Leeds gig I spent about a hundred quid on "merch" but that included four or five t shirts and a hoody.
T shirts will be £18-20 Hoody's £35-40 scarves £6ish
There will be probably be a tour shirt for the summer dates,and maybe some of the lyric shirts from last year,and anything else they have left over from previous tours.

Oh,and happy birthday!

Hope they have XXL or XXXL for us deserning stocky tall old blokes :lol:
MissionMasque
Road Kill

Hom_Corleone wrote:I was trying to think of a pub with a nice beer garden for the afternoon but with the demise of The Jug I'm struggling.
I guess there's the White Horse?

But yeah, failing that Robins Well would do I guess. ;D
For a beer garden if weather is good but in the opposite direction Tiller Pin !

But your out on a limb a bit then as there is nothing else other than McDonalds next door and the Moorings over the road.
lachert
Overbomber

MissionMasque, are you conversating with yourself, or what? :eek:
i know pressure is real and big but relax... ;D listen, do you want to know a secret, do you promise not to tell, a wooouah, woooh, woooh. closer, let me whisper in your ear:

Crash and Burn • Ribbons • Train/ Detonation Boulevard • Alice • Flood I • Anaconda • Marian • We are the Same Suzanne • Arms • Giving Ground • Dominion/ Mother Russia • First and Last and Always • This Corrosion • Flood II • • Something Fast • Vision Thing • Lucretia My Reflection • Snub Nose • Temple of Love
long live rock'n'roll
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

Morale Vampire wrote: Does anyone know what the policy at the Assembly is towards cameras/photography?
photos are not allowed but video YES!!! :innocent:
originalgoth
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Enjoy the gig everyone and I do hope you get to hear Far Parade so we can hear views on it (You know what I mean).

I'll have to wait until a recording of the gig becomes available (hopefully).
And I ride down the Highway 101
By the side of the ocean, headed for Sunset

Black Planet according to originalGoth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hYeYgNIntQ
Treadstone71
Road Kill

Driving down from Leeds next Tuesday afternoon. Does anyone know what parking is like in Leamington Spa, or where best to park from about 3ish until after gig.
Silver_Owl
The Don

Treadstone71 wrote:Driving down from Leeds next Tuesday afternoon. Does anyone know what parking is like in Leamington Spa, or where best to park from about 3ish until after gig.
You'll have to pay for parking in any town centre areas. If you drive out of town a bit you won't. Best find a side street at the bottom end of town - down the main street all the way to the bottom, through the traffic lights at the very bottom and then turn left and look for somewhere down there.

Hope that helps. :D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Eggi1
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

via facebook
ULTERIOR Supporting The Sisters Of Mercy NEXT TUESDAY! Leamington Spa, UK
:D
266 GIGS
34 COUNTRIES
over 200.000 MILES

and i want more ...

Baltimore
Philadelphia
New York City
_emma_
Overbomber

Yes. :D This is good news for me, because this is a support act that I actually can bear. 8) 8) 8)
jande
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

lachert wrote:MissionMasque, are you conversating with yourself, or what? :eek:
i know pressure is real and big but relax... ;D listen, do you want to know a secret, do you promise not to tell, a wooouah, woooh, woooh. closer, let me whisper in your ear:

Crash and Burn • Ribbons • Train/ Detonation Boulevard • Alice • Flood I • Anaconda • Marian • We are the Same Suzanne • Arms • Giving Ground • Dominion/ Mother Russia • First and Last and Always • This Corrosion • Flood II • • Something Fast • Vision Thing • Lucretia My Reflection • Snub Nose • Temple of Love
same old same old then :lol:
Say!
In the dark? Here in the dark!
Would you, could you, in the dark?
Silver_Owl
The Don

jande wrote:
lachert wrote:MissionMasque, are you conversating with yourself, or what? :eek:

same old same old then :lol:
He's wrong of course. :P

It's....

Intro (Afterhours) * Temple of Love * Ribbons * Crash & Burn * Flood I * Summer * Body Electric * Logic * Arms * Dominion/Mother Russia * We are the same, Susanne * Flood II * Far Parade * Anaconda * War on Drugs * Alice * Vision Thing * Neverland * Valentine * Lucretia My reflection * Snub Nose * Emma * 1969 * Heartland

:innocent:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
lachert
Overbomber

:lol: my left leg for body electric and heartland :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
mh
Above the Chemist

You all forgot Adrenochrome! :D

6 days!
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
kali
Road Kill

oh god, wouldnt u know it, my flight gets in to Stansted Airport at 10pm this night!! theres no way i'll make it is there? :( i read somewhere they start at 10pm?
unless im able to magically make my flight a few hours earlier... hmm worth a shot!
is this a smallish venue or..? (sorry no bandwidth left here atm so its soo slowww loading anythingg :/ so im not just being lazy asking q's :P )
oh wellll if i dont make it have fun kids and i might see some of u at mera luna :)