Sisters @ Royal Leamington Spa 03/08/2010

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
Andy Christ 666
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Really pi**ed off that I could'nt make it, sounds like it was a crackin' gig.
So....Feb 16th 2011?? That would be a nice birthday for me.
Do I Look Like A People Person?
Memphis Rich
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Thanks for posting the vids everyone, I remember it now.
Words are just turds
In sewers of sound
Silver_Owl
The Don

Doktor Gott wrote:
Bartek wrote:i'm now listen this boots just one thing: can you shut your mouth clowns ?! :lol:
Obviously not... :innocent:
:lol:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
mh
Above the Chemist

Aw, I'm loving it. Between Doctor Gott (and the Librarian), Maisey going generally nuts, and all the other stuff that we may find occasion to attribute to Weebs, it adds something unique to the recording.

There will definitely never be any mistaking this recording for any other show!

:lol: :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
NickW
Amphetamine Filth

Totally gutted I missed this show - Seems from postings that everything came together to make this close to the perfect Sisters gig ( despite the feelings given on Dominion)
Thanks to all the You Tube postings for giving those of us unable to make it at least a feeling of what it was like
heres hoping the 30th anniversary shows are as good.
Just one of the pesky kids
mh
Above the Chemist

NickW wrote:despite the feelings given on Dominion
Never mind the naysayers. So they didn't play Will I Dream or Dr Jeep. So Adam's no longer in the band. So they don't engage in interminable dreary rants about US foreign policy any more these days. So the grim days are over. GET OVER IT I say. Either one still likes the band or one doesn't, and if one doesn't, might I humbly suggest that there are other bands for those people to listen to. We all enjoyed it. :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Prescott
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

This gig sounds like it tripped the light fantastic! I'm so glad so many of you had such a great time and got to go! Excited again for the Sisters! Rain From Heaven!!!

"This is delicious! Yes, Yes!"
"... because we're that kind of people."
James Blast
Banned

I used to say shite like that, then I realised I was lying to myself. I'd like to apologise for some of the 'rock action' posts I made c.2005. They were false and I was trying to kid myself, eventually I had a word with myself and 'fessed up.

they're a pale shadow that do not deserve their fans
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
robm
Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:they're a pale shadow
:von:
James Blast
Banned

okay, a pale fire
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
legion
Road Kill

'pale fire' ?...are you familiar with the works of Play Dead, James ?

They were awesome...at the time the only band I liked more than the Sisters. Can't believe it's nearly 25 years since they last played...
James Blast
Banned

~ Peter Steele
legion
Road Kill

:oops: and :D

...guess you use a different name over there ?

I went on Tuesday..first time I'd seen the Sisters since the Albert Hall. I thought they were great.

Not holding my breath for the PD reunion though.
James Blast
Banned

I might be known as Red Sunsets :innocent:

carn't remember, been so long since I was over there, I did some nice t's for them though - http://companyofjustice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=115
~ Peter Steele
mh
Above the Chemist

I guess what annoys me about some of the negativity is that I got off my butt and travelled to see this band, seriously not expecting much at all (expecting to be bitterly let down, as you say), but they're still this band that meant so much to me over 20 years ago, and I knew that if nothing else the company was going to be good and fun would be had. And what I saw was a performance that - in my opinion - eclipsed almost anything - based on recorded evidence - from the mythical 1985 (band breaking up, tempers not good, going through the motions, same old set-list every show, everybody obviously exhausted, etc etc etc). No amount of opinion, however earnestly or honestly held, can detract from what I saw on Tuesday night, and any attempts to do so are futile.

Yes, it was good. :notworthy:
Silver_Owl
The Don

mh wrote:I guess what annoys me about some of the negativity is that I got off my butt and travelled to see this band, seriously not expecting much at all (expecting to be bitterly let down, as you say), but they're still this band that meant so much to me over 20 years ago, and I knew that if nothing else the company was going to be good and fun would be had. And what I saw was a performance that - in my opinion - eclipsed almost anything - based on recorded evidence - from the mythical 1985 (band breaking up, tempers not good, going through the motions, same old set-list every show, everybody obviously exhausted, etc etc etc). No amount of opinion, however earnestly or honestly held, can detract from what I saw on Tuesday night, and any attempts to do so are futile.

Amen Brother :notworthy:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
legion
Road Kill

James Blast wrote:I might be known as Red Sunsets :innocent:

carn't remember, been so long since I was over there, I did some nice t's for them though - http://companyofjustice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=115
They are dam' fine T-shirts... I've got 3, but the wife wouldn't wear hers on Tuesday. In fact, she refuses to acknowledge that it's even hers for some reason.

You may (or may not !) be pleased to know that I was wearing one of your T-shirts on Tuesday at the Assembly Rooms. Unfortunately, my wife refused to take a pic. of me; I wanted one to post on companyofjustice...My Play Dead T-shirt has now seen the Sisters, Prodigy, Bunnymen, and....Madonna !

Also, "Red Sunsets" ?...do I take it you also enjoyed the poptastic Chat Show ?
DReifZ
Road Kill

Has anyone a video of Body Electric?
Sita
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Hom_Corleone wrote: Amen Brother :notworthy:
Wasn't there but the clips are fantastic. No need to say more. Can't wait for 2011!
Pista
Cureboi

I can't wait for next Friday!
:eek:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Hom_Corleone wrote:
mh wrote:I guess what annoys me about some of the negativity is that I got off my butt and travelled to see this band, seriously not expecting much at all (expecting to be bitterly let down, as you say), but they're still this band that meant so much to me over 20 years ago, and I knew that if nothing else the company was going to be good and fun would be had. And what I saw was a performance that - in my opinion - eclipsed almost anything - based on recorded evidence - from the mythical 1985 (band breaking up, tempers not good, going through the motions, same old set-list every show, everybody obviously exhausted, etc etc etc). No amount of opinion, however earnestly or honestly held, can detract from what I saw on Tuesday night, and any attempts to do so are futile.

Dudes :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
welshbiker
Road Kill

weebleswobble wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:

Hell yeah :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Drink beer, take drugs, have sex, RIDE BIKES!!
DomConway
Filth

welshbiker wrote:
weebleswobble wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:

Hell yeah :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
I'll 5th that :) Still buzzing from it now and even starting to like the slow Body Electric now I've listened to the recording. Which does admittedly sound like a karaoke disaster at times but then I'm partly to blame for that :oops:
the only thing to fear is fear itself
steve27
Road Kill

I hugely enjoyed the Leamington gig, it was a fantastic show, but I have to say I was a bit disappointed with one or two of the older songs. Maybe the band just arn't set up to play them or maybe Von's just paying lip service to them I don't know. For instance, I thought Floorshow was half-hearted, No Time to Cry was very "tinny" and baseless and where were the vocals on Amphetamine Logic? Where was the desperate, tortured cry half way through that puctuates and defines the live version of this song, and the remorsless choruses at the end? AE can obviously still produce powerful vocals, the breath-taking vocals on Ribbons being proof of that so I just think it's a shame they wern't there for Floorshow / Logic. Minor gripes though - this was probably the best sisters gig I've seen for a long time. Loved the newer stuff, the slow Body Electric and Rain from Heaven.
Morale Vampire
Road Kill

I need your help folks with a small but annoying problem.

Ever since Tuesday night I have had one song going through my head and it's starting to get just a tad annoying. I awoke Wednesday with it playing in my skull and it just will not go away.

RIBBONS, a song that has never been a favourite, but is now an obsession.

Please help, suggestions?