Sisters @ Lokerse feesten 2010

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
radiojamaica
Overbomber

not very surprisingly, but The Sisters of Mercy shirts are the best selling shirts of the festival : http://www.stubru.be/media/tshirtssiste ... populairst

They sold about 300 of them!
in dub we trust
Back in time
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

radiojamaica wrote:not very surprisingly, but The Sisters of Mercy shirts are the best selling shirts of the festival : http://www.stubru.be/media/tshirtssiste ... populairst

Who can resist Girls on Smoke and Girls on Weed. I bought two.
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the reaper man.
DasPerltAber
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Back in time wrote:
radiojamaica wrote:not very surprisingly, but The Sisters of Mercy shirts are the best selling shirts of the festival : http://www.stubru.be/media/tshirtssiste ... populairst

Who can resist Girls on Smoke and Girls on Weed. I bought two.
I got me the Girls, 2010 short and 2010 long sleeve.....which kinda brings the total to like 80 or 90? :lol:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

cardoman wrote:
despair wrote:
cardoman wrote:Will there be a next time?
That remains to be seen, but I don't think Andrew is quite done yet :von:
Let's pray for it, the are reaching incredible hights...
Besides health and reasons like that I wouldn't know a reason why there is not gonna be a next time.

"as we walk on the floodland"
paul
Overbomber

DasPerltAber wrote: I got me the Girls, 2010 short and 2010 long sleeve.....which kinda brings the total to like 80 or 90? :lol:
Nice avatar, Boebie! :lol:
DasPerltAber
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

paul wrote:
DasPerltAber wrote: I got me the Girls, 2010 short and 2010 long sleeve.....which kinda brings the total to like 80 or 90? :lol:
Nice avatar, Boebie! :lol:
Tja Paulus, je moet toch wat, he? ;-)
doctoravalanche

That was a wonderful a night indeed, a top concert I will remember for a long time !!!
Nothing more to say, it will stay in memories ...

Here a few excerpts of my video (it was not so easy to shot a movie when you are in the moshpit with crazy people ;) ):
AMPHETAMINE LOGIC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkNTcv5tje4
RAIN FROM HEAVEN: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Loe_guZ9jDc

And also some photos I did, enjoy them.

mh
Above the Chemist

Cracking photos! :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
DReifZ
Road Kill

Rain from heaven video kicks ass. The best sound quality by far. And really nice photos. You can see that Von has eyes on the second pic. I have allways thougth that he is a vampire, who can see clearly in the dark and is afraid of daylight, but his eyeball seems to be quite similar to that which human have.

P.S. The Chicago Police emblem on his jacket fits the sisters style hundred percent.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

great pics and videos doctoravalanche. thanks ! :notworthy:
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

yep, stunning pics indeed!

ta muchly :D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
My Dominion

doctoravalanche wrote:That was a wonderful a night indeed, a top concert I will remember for a long time !!!

Here a few excerpts of my video (it was not so easy to shot a movie when you are in the moshpit with crazy people ;) ):

Great Photo's !
It was a Good Time in the front :-)
Please to have meet you

Can I use some of your photo's ?

Ps
I can not open your website, when I want to enter is gives a warning ???
http://www.mydominionnl.com
A fanwebsite !
Gent, Eindhoven and Lokeren
DomConway
Filth

Wow, fantastically clear pics doctoravalanche! Glad this was another awesome gig for you all.
the only thing to fear is fear itself
Holly_DelRey

doctoravalanche wrote:That was a wonderful a night indeed, a top concert I will remember for a long time !!!

Really great piccies doctoravalanche!
Thx for sharing :D
Nice vids too :)
🇨🇦 🔁 🇺🇲
Back in time

Hollylicious wrote:

Hey man, the pics are incredible. Thanks for sharing. Hope I will not miss you on the next gig.
doctoravalanche

My Dominion wrote:

Great Photo's !
It was a Good Time in the front :-)
Please to have meet you

Can I use some of your photo's ?

Ps
I can not open your website, when I want to enter is gives a warning ???
Hey my friend, glad to have meet you finally :)
Sure you can use my photos, no problem at all !!!
Yep I know there is a problem on the website right now (a database upgrade that caused this problem), I will tryo to sort it out when I have some free time ;)
doctoravalanche

Back in time wrote:
Hey man, the pics are incredible. Thanks for sharing. Hope I will not miss you on the next gig.[/quote]

Glad you like them, hope to see you next time somewhere over the flood ;)
242headhunter
Amphetamine Filth

My Dominion wrote:My website is update >>>

http://www.mydominionnl.com/nieuws.html

and

http://www.mydominionnl.com/lokeren05082010.html
=========================================
Thanks to Michel for the photo's
=========================================
Send me your photo's and video's of the Lokerse Feesten gig and I will put them on my website.
Send them to first_last_always@hotmail.com
Thanks !!!
==========================================
nice nice :notworthy: :notworthy:
242headhunter
Amphetamine Filth

I found another positive review somewhere online. (http://www.indiestyle.be/VerslagLokerse ... ister.aspx) The guy says that he saw a few thousand concerts in his life but this was one of the most memorable.

...Wie een heel hoofdstuk kan vullen, zijn natuurlijk The Sisters Of Mercy. Het is nog steeds koffiedik kijken wie de gothic nu ooit uitvond (onlangs vertrouwde in een interview het goth icoon Andi Sex Gang ons toe dat hij het zelf niet weet), maar wel is zeker dat het de zusters van genade uit Leeds zijn die er voor gezorgd hebben dat het muziekgenre massa’s jongeren tot doemdenken aanzette. Het verhaal liep echter verkeerd af, want tijdens de piek van het succes verliet That Guitarist de band en richtte The m*****n op. Het werd een vertrek dat meteen zijn sporen naliet op artistiek vlak, wat Eldritch steeds gecamoufleerd heeft door te stellen dat The Sisters Of Mercy rock zijn en waarbij hij zelfs zo ver ging dat hij niet meer geassocieerd wilde worden met de gothbeweging.

Door deze nieuwe aanpak moesten vele die-hardfans lijdzaam toezien hoe live shows de afgelopen jaren zelfs niet meer het vermelden waard werden. The Sisters Of Mercy zien betekende immers niet meer dan hoofdzakelijk nummers horen die nooit een release kregen (het is meer dan twintig jaar geleden dat ze nog een cd uitbrachten) en wie ooit hoopte om iets ouds te horen bleef vaak op zijn honger zitten. Tot gisteren…

The Sisters Of Mercy zijn altijd wel excentriek geweest. Deze keer besloot de groep te verbieden dat er gefilmd werd, waardoor de televisieschermen zwart bleven. Dat is misschien een leuke anekdote voor wie vooraan staat, achteraan moesten ze het wel enkel stellen met stroboscopen en rookmachines, waarbij niemand het in de mot had dat de band tijdens het laatste nummer al lang achter de coulissen was verdwenen.

Toch was dit optreden één van de meest memorabele uit het leven van jullie reporter, die ondertussen toch al een paar duizenden concerten achter de kiezen heeft. De verrassing begon reeds toen plots de band met “First, last and always� het concert opende, waardoor de meeste fans niet wisten wat hun overkwam. Al gauw bleek dat de “gothfather� (nooit tegen die mens zeggen als je geen dreun in de bakkes wil) besloten te hebben om een set te spelen die zou bestaan uit hun… grootste hits. Jawel, na het decennia geweigerd te hebben, kreeg je nu wel aan de lopende band songs als “Marian� of “No time to cry� te horen. Voorin leidde dit tot hysterische taferelen, waarbij de security moest toezien hoe een levensgevaarlijke moshpit ontstond met gebalde vuisten van Engelse fans die zich met veel machtsvertoon het terrein toe-eigenden.

70 minuten lang waren we getuige van een band die zichzelf heruitvond, weliswaar zonder de geniale inbreng van Hussey, en met een Eldritch die waarschijnlijk de enige was in Lokeren die een witte sweater droeg). Het publiek dat zich op het ergste had voorbereid begreep dat dit misschien het beste optreden was van The Sisters Of Mercy in... twintig jaar. Gisteren deed de heer Eldritch ook iets wat hij anders nooit deed: tot tweemaal toe boog hij voor zijn fans, ook al kon er geen dankwoordje af. Wat er ook van zij: de groep die decennia zijn fans verloochende met barslechte optredens heeft gisteren twintig jaar lachwekkend amateurisme weggeveegd, en dat op 70 minuten tijd.
It's just a feeling
I get sometimes
A feeling
Sometimes...
Never Land
Amphetamine Filth

242headhunter wrote:I found another positive review...
Positive you said, :urff: , huh.
Debs on smoke Debs on weed Debs on Duvel Debs on sleep.
Back in time

242headhunter wrote:I found another positive review ...
Tried direct Chrome translation, but the result is hilarious. Would anybody be kind and summarize the text ?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

gotta love google translate:
When the man from Leeds suddenly a baseball bat in his pollen took a microwave chips in to save the pier, however, was more than pleasantly bewildered
although it's not our man from leeds they're on about there.

and
Who can fill an entire chapter, of course, The Sisters Of Mercy. It is still gazing whose gothic now ever invented (just trusted in an interview the goth icon Andi Sex Gang us that he does not know), but it is certain that the sisters of mercy from Leeds are out there for have ensured that the genre masses incited young people to think doom. But the story was wrong on, because during the peak of success left the band and That Guitarist founded the m*****n on. It was a room that instantly traces left behind in the artistic field, which is always camouflaged Eldritch has to say that The Sisters Of Mercy rock and where he even went so far that they no longer want to be associated with the goth movement.

With this new approach had many die-hard fans laurels live shows in recent years even more noteworthy were. The Sisters of Mercy is not meant to see more than hear mostly songs that never got a release (it's more than twenty years ago that she had a CD on them) and who ever hoped to hear something old was often are hungry again. Until yesterday ...

The Sisters of Mercy have always been eccentric. This time the group decided to ban that was filmed, so the television screen remained black. That is perhaps an amusing anecdote for whom State ahead, they had to back it up with just strobes and smoke machines, which nobody in the moth had the band during the last song has long disappeared backstage.

Yet this performance was one of the most memorable in the life of your reporter, who now already a few thousand concerts behind choosing it. The surprise when suddenly the band already began with "First, last and always" opened the concert, which most fans do not know what their fate. It soon appeared that the "goth father" (never against people who say if you do not want to blow the cheeks) decided to have a set play that would consist of their greatest hits .... Yes, after decades refused to have got you now on the assembly line songs such as "Marian" or "No Time to Cry" to hear. Up front, this led to hysterical scenes, where the security had watched a perilous moshpits came with clenched fists of English fans who show much power with far-appropriated land.

70 minutes long we witnessed a band that heruitvond itself, albeit without the brilliant contributions of Hussey, with an Eldritch probably the only one in Lokeren who wore a white sweater). The public who had prepared for the worst understood that this is perhaps the best performance was by The Sisters Of Mercy ... twenty years. Yesterday, Mr. Eldritch also something else he never did: he bowed twice for his fans, even though there was no word from you. Be that as it means the group which for decades denied his fans with appearances yesterday barslechte laughable amateurism swept away twenty years, and that 70 minutes time.

by Didier Becu
The public who had prepared for the worst understood that this is perhaps the best performance was by The Sisters Of Mercy ... twenty years

:notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Back in time

Quiff Boy wrote:gotta love google translate:
When the man from Leeds suddenly a baseball bat in his pollen took a microwave chips in to save the pier, however, was more than pleasantly bewildered
although it's not our man from leeds they're on about there.

and
Who can fill an entire chapter, of course, The Sisters Of Mercy. It is still gazing whose gothic now ever invented (just trusted in an interview the goth icon Andi Sex Gang us that he does not know), but it is certain that the sisters of mercy from Leeds are out there for have ensured that the genre masses incited young people to think doom. But the story was wrong on, because during the peak of success left the band and That Guitarist founded the m*****n on. It was a room that instantly traces left behind in the artistic field, which is always camouflaged Eldritch has to say that The Sisters Of Mercy rock and where he even went so far that they no longer want to be associated with the goth movement.

With this new approach had many die-hard fans laurels live shows in recent years even more noteworthy were. The Sisters of Mercy is not meant to see more than hear mostly songs that never got a release (it's more than twenty years ago that she had a CD on them) and who ever hoped to hear something old was often are hungry again. Until yesterday ...

The Sisters of Mercy have always been eccentric. This time the group decided to ban that was filmed, so the television screen remained black. That is perhaps an amusing anecdote for whom State ahead, they had to back it up with just strobes and smoke machines, which nobody in the moth had the band during the last song has long disappeared backstage.

Yet this performance was one of the most memorable in the life of your reporter, who now already a few thousand concerts behind choosing it. The surprise when suddenly the band already began with "First, last and always" opened the concert, which most fans do not know what their fate. It soon appeared that the "goth father" (never against people who say if you do not want to blow the cheeks) decided to have a set play that would consist of their greatest hits .... Yes, after decades refused to have got you now on the assembly line songs such as "Marian" or "No Time to Cry" to hear. Up front, this led to hysterical scenes, where the security had watched a perilous moshpits came with clenched fists of English fans who show much power with far-appropriated land.

70 minutes long we witnessed a band that heruitvond itself, albeit without the brilliant contributions of Hussey, with an Eldritch probably the only one in Lokeren who wore a white sweater). The public who had prepared for the worst understood that this is perhaps the best performance was by The Sisters Of Mercy ... twenty years. Yesterday, Mr. Eldritch also something else he never did: he bowed twice for his fans, even though there was no word from you. Be that as it means the group which for decades denied his fans with appearances yesterday barslechte laughable amateurism swept away twenty years, and that 70 minutes time.

by Didier Becu
The public who had prepared for the worst understood that this is perhaps the best performance was by The Sisters Of Mercy ... twenty years

:notworthy:
We were obviously doing the same thing, but I can not post Croatian version - it is too much (mind that nobody would understand it anyway, not even Croatians).
242headhunter
Amphetamine Filth

Never Land wrote:
242headhunter wrote:I found another positive review...
Positive you said, :urff: , huh.

a bit positive then. Normally everything is bad when the Sisters play so this one is not that bad, no?
It's just a feeling
I get sometimes
A feeling
Sometimes...
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

What was the issue with it being broadcast? Not as if you could actually see anything... :innocent:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."