Sisters @ Royal Leamington Spa 03/08/2010

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Hey, the food in that pub was wonderful ... ;D ...
Silver_Owl
The Don

Being645 wrote:Hey, the food in that pub was wonderful ... ;D ...
Which one were you then?
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Morale Vampire
Road Kill

Being645 wrote:Hey, the food in that pub was wonderful ... ;D ...
I think he means the dazzling selection flavoured crisps, the Cheese and Onion were particularly mouth watering and thirst inducing. There was another barman for a short while, till his head exploded, I think he was the Chef.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

:lol: ... oh no ... after the run on that wretched barman had calmed down,
I had a wonderful sandwich with fish fingers, chips, even salad ... wah so tasty ... ;D ;D ;D ...

no Newcastles' however, but the sort of beer he gave me instead was also nice and bitter ... ;D ...
merrisl
Amphetamine Filth

Solids ?
There was plenty of liquid available ?!?

There again I suppose we did have a jagermeister or 2. It's sticky enough to be described as food I suppose.
Morale Vampire
Road Kill

They did put a slice of fruit in my Vodka, which helped with the daily intake of vitamins and the continual fight against scurvy.
sam1
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote::lol: ...
I had a wonderful sandwich with fish fingers, chips, even salad ... wah so tasty ... ;D ;D ;D ...

no no no ...thats just not right...no no no ...
Being645
Wiki Wizard

sam1 wrote:

It is. Something like £ 2.95 or so ... ;D ... extremely high performance for money ... ;D ...
theparadox2010
Amphetamine Filth

Managed to find the macs, and the tesco<<bruughh>> decided that we would get food on the way home, but it was very late, and we were almost falling asleep, ok for me, but not good for Mrs paradox, cause she was driving, anyhoo, a power nap just outside the westmidlands, probably stafford services, and a wander through the shops there, made us remember that we'd packed energy food. we opened the box of cadbury heroes, and that was that. Still do it all again though..
we're better than the birthday party, but not as good as motorhead, that makes us pretty damn good!!!!
sam1
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote:
sam1 wrote:

It is. Something like £ 2.95 or so ... ;D ... extremely high performance for money ... ;D ...
fair enough :)
says me who lives on cheese and onion discos in a sandwich!!!!!!!!
SadBast
Road Kill

Maisey wrote:TOP NITE OUT!

Best Sisters gig I've ever seen that's for sure....

Support band Ulterior were great, but I'm already into them. Not as good as when I saw them do a smaller venue as a headline band, but still really cool. For a band birthed in the very trendy East London Indie scene (from whence a few Sisters supports have come from) with no previous connection to the Goth scene they sound G****c as Fuck. To me they sound like Ian Astbury singing with James Rays Gangwar.
I think Mr Maisey refers to this phenomenal (wait till it's 2 mins in if you're a doubter) performance. with thanks to our lovely russian friend 'Ira Irenic' who was on camera duties.

Ira:
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

I liked when two of the support band, cool as fcuk :roll: , pulled open the front door only to find it was locked. followed by a 'does not compute' moment, before somebody pointed around the building and they sheepishly sloped off :lol: :lol:
Goths have feelings too
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

markfiend wrote:Oh I nearly forgot...

Amphetamine Logic, just after the first "Give me, one good reason, give me more..." someone in the audience yells "SPEED".

Would I be right in guessing that was Lee? ;D
:innocent:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
eastmidswhizzkid

Hom_Corleone wrote:

Amphetamine Logic, just after the first "Give me, one good reason, give me more..." someone in the audience yells "SPEED".

I think he was still blubbing. :lol:

boudicca
Sister Midnight

Amphetamine Logic, just after the first "Give me, one good reason, give me more..." someone in the audience yells "SPEED"
:eek: Is that what that song's about? :eek:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
SadBast
Road Kill

paint it black wrote:I liked when two of the support band, cool as fcuk :roll: , pulled open the front door only to find it was locked. followed by a 'does not compute' moment, before somebody pointed around the building and they sheepishly sloped off :lol: :lol:

I did the same (ever without the cool) but didn't even know for certain if it was the venue door. It took me a week just to find Leamington Spa on a map. I blame the Comet sales assistant who persuaded me to 'go SatNav'.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:

Another one:

At the end of Rain From Heaven there's someone repeatedly yelling "ABBA" -- but do my ears deceive me or do I hear someone else (a female voice?) shout "shut up Lee"? :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Wiki Wizard

sam1 wrote:
Being645 wrote:
sam1 wrote:
fair enough :)
says me who lives on cheese and onion discos in a sandwich!!!!!!!!
:lol: ... I repeat: fish, even salad ... anyway, I mostly live on fruit ... and ice-cream, of course ... ;D ...

However, looking at your receipts time and again ... I wouldn't say no ... :lol: ...
eastmidswhizzkid

markfiend wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:

Another one:

At the end of Rain From Heaven there's someone repeatedly yelling "ABBA" -- but do my ears deceive me or do I hear someone else (a female voice?) shout "shut up Lee"? :lol:
not guilty. "fucking awesome!", undoubtedly, but not an "ABBA", a "gabba", or even a "Shabba! (mr. luvva luvva)" would have issued forth from these lips! and anyone who knew me well enough to know my name would never bother telling me to shut up :twisted:

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:anyone who knew me well enough to know my name would never bother telling me to shut up :twisted:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :notworthy:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
sisters-pics
Road Kill

ULTERIOR Video now on my Homepage!
Have Fun!
Memphis Rich
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I heard the ABBA's too. I was hoping for Gimme Gimme Gimme.
Words are just turds
In sewers of sound
pikkrong
Overbomber

Great Sisters' gig and top support band, too :notworthy:
Special prize to the voice of Eldritch.
do i drive
or am i driven
Sunsonic
Amphetamine Filth

Sunsonic wrote:
czuczu wrote:Just remembered, there were a couple of people standing behind us with massive telephoto lenses. Was too busy legging it for a Girls shirt after the show to stop and ask what they were going to do with the pics :/
It could be for the Assembly website, they have a gallery section where they put a lot of pics from past gigs there?
I'll keep an eye out and alert you any do get posted
Pictures have finally been posted on the Assembly website, some really good close up shots on there including some of Ulterior

Click Thing
One life all I need
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Been meaning to ask this for awhile now,who was the chap I spoke to on the stairs at tj's with the gold Vision Thing belt buckle?
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise