'Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie' - the "lost" 1985 single ..

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
streamline
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Yeah but Abba are s**t.
Forgive him Benny and Bjorn, he does not know what he says......

I love 'em! Harmless boppy pap that's great to groove to, Man!

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

they're perfect pop. which is a good thing.

fwiw, i remember hearing several times around the time of madonna's "gimme gimme" rip off song that abba were supposedly notorious for not letting people sample their songs, and that allowing madge to use the 'gimme gimme' sample was a bit of a first.

i dont think the same applies to covers because the band dont really have a say in who covers them.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
metal on metal
Amphetamine Filth

:eek: :eek: :eek: Noooooo!!! :lol:

Abba produced the most wonderful pop music of all time! Especially their post-divorce glum-pop stuff (their "Ingmar Bergman period" as Pet Shop Boys' Neil Tennant once put it); The Winner Takes It All, The Day Before You Came, (most of) The Visitors LP ... Put all the awful Mamma Mia / office party / ironic "they're sooo bad they're good" student snobbery stuff to one side and listen to these as the brilliantly constructed, beautifully produced, utterly FANTASTIC pop songs they are. And, oh, those voices...
James Blast
Banned

pop pap, I have spoken
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

James Blast wrote:pop pap, I have spoken
I concur.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Sita
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Now that you all mention it, it makes sense... :oops: :oops: :oops:
copper
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

They played it five times live back in 1984, so Von's take isn't all that impossible to experience. There was even a YouTube vid of it once...
shiver
Road Kill

my best memory of anything to do with ABBA was at a Ghostdance gig @ the Clarendon Ballroom where it seemed like all of ABBA's singles were played between bands (I think that was the time the Wonderstuff were the first band on... 25 people in the venue, one REALLY pissed up person "dancing").

When the ABBA tunes started, 150+ goths started bouncing up and down, singing along... fan-f**king-tastic.
shiver
Road Kill

copper wrote:They played it five times live back in 1984, so Von's take isn't all that impossible to experience. There was even a YouTube vid of it once...
here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu1XfUcSSVA
Holly_DelRey

Thanks
🇨🇦 🔁 🇺🇲
abridged
Slight Overbomber

You should've seen Peter Murphy murder Purple Rain in Hudderfield. :urff:
The Chancer Corporation
James Blast
Banned

he's better when he has Love & Rockets behind him just as they are with him in the spotlight
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Holly_DelRey

Thought I was the only one on here for a sec who thought they were rubbish. 8)
🇨🇦 🔁 🇺🇲
James Blast
Banned

not rubbish, pop pap shite
~ Peter Steele
davedecay

love Abba - Dancing Queen was me wedding song.

the orchestral version from Muriel's Wedding.
think Cocteau Twins sans vocals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUglGbQZpug
DasPerltAber
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:oh, I forgot to mention that I think ABbaaaa are pants apart from The day before you came
Grumpy old bugger....;-)