George Luca$, what a ****

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
randdebiel²
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

DasPerltAber wrote:
randdebiel² wrote:
DasPerltAber wrote:However...the Romero and Fulci bits are undisputed.......;-) I mean....come on..the original Dawn Of The Dead is the best movie ever made....
I am treading on very dangerous grounds now, but I always thought that day of the dead was actually superior to dawn....best movie ever!
Day Of The Dead is pretty close to Dawn.........effects are superior........as is part of the story line.......HOWEVER.........Dawn was and will always be the first PROPER zombie movie...with a LOT of social criticism added........
True, but the social criticism is much better layered in Day of the dead. I once had an article published about dawn/day a few years ago. Basically, the bottom-line, and what many people always failed to see in day is that it is as much a criticism against blind faith in science as it is anti-militaristic. Dawn is basically only attacking consumerism.
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
randdebiel²
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

DasPerltAber wrote:
randdebiel² wrote:
DasPerltAber wrote:Clive was only involved with Hellraiser 1&2, Nightbreed, Rawhead Rex, Lord Of Illusions, the first Candyman, Midnight Meat Train and Book Of Blood..all of those were WAY above average.....

I am sorry if you obviously don't know your horror movies... better go back to watching Scream 2 and be REALLY scared , James..
Nightbreed was NOT above average, I could name at least 100 horror movies that are beter, might even find 200
Yes, it was.........therefore it is in my 300+ horror dvd collection...top 100......? Nope...but definitely in the top 250.
top 250 horror would not mean above par in any way in my book. Anything that does not fit a top 100 is mediocre.
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
DasPerltAber
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

randdebiel² wrote:
DasPerltAber wrote:
randdebiel² wrote:I am treading on very dangerous grounds now, but I always thought that day of the dead was actually superior to dawn....best movie ever!
Day Of The Dead is pretty close to Dawn.........effects are superior........as is part of the story line.......HOWEVER.........Dawn was and will always be the first PROPER zombie movie...with a LOT of social criticism added........
True, but the social criticism is much better layered in Day of the dead. I once had an article published about dawn/day a few years ago. Basically, the bottom-line, and what many people always failed to see in day is that it is as much a criticism against blind faith in science as it is anti-militaristic. Dawn is basically only attacking consumerism.
You have got a point there...........and yes, both Dawn and Day is when Romero got it right....with Night to a lesser extend... Dawn of course had more impact.....however.......if you ARE into Romero..one can't deny Day is equally good. I am kinda surprised to find a kindred spirit on this forum. ;-)
DasPerltAber

randdebiel² wrote:
DasPerltAber wrote:
randdebiel² wrote:Nightbreed was NOT above average, I could name at least 100 horror movies that are beter, might even find 200
Yes, it was.........therefore it is in my 300+ horror dvd collection...top 100......? Nope...but definitely in the top 250.
top 250 horror would not mean above par in any way in my book. Anything that does not fit a top 100 is mediocre.
Top 300.....as in...one of the 300+ dvd's filling my shelves..........hehe.......
DasPerltAber

On top of that....I actually watched Nightbreed and Rawhead Rex today....and Nightbreed really is better.
Silver_Owl
The Don

You've been asked before but...Can you please stop multiple posting?

Thank you.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.