Heinz Beanz v's Heinz Baked Beans

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Debaser
Overbomber

I'm in a bit of a dither. Things are not alright in my world. Just had beans on toast for tea and they didn't taste quite right :cry: Not as sweet and a bit creamy YAKKITY YAK :urff:

Looked at the tin and the label said Beanz. Are these different to Baked Beans? If not, when did the label change? If they are different - I'll have to ensure a more focused shop next week.

Anyone else noticed a slight change in taste?

Very concerned from Lincoln
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
EvilBastard
Overbomber

According to this they're the same beans, but the salt content has been reduced, so that may have changed the "mouth feel".

I'd suggest a mass letter-writing campaign ("Save Our Beans!", "Beans for Britain!", "Beans for Britons, not Britonz!", etc.), a product boycott, and if all else fails a picket outside supermarkets and the company offices (located at South Building, Hayes Park, Hayes, Middlesex) with placards saying things like "Heinz Beanz are Meanz".
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

baked beans with less salt? :eek: :evil:

but that's like peperami made from actual meat!

i weep for future generations.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

EvilBastard wrote:According to this they're the same beans, but the salt content has been reduced, so that may have changed the "mouth feel".

I'd suggest a mass letter-writing campaign ("Save Our Beans!", "Beans for Britain!", "Beans for Britons, not Britonz!", etc.), a product boycott, and if all else fails a picket outside supermarkets and the company offices (located at South Building, Hayes Park, Hayes, Middlesex) with placards saying things like "Heinz Beanz are Meanz".
Yeah ... or start an internet petition ... I'll sign it ... :twisted: ... ;D ...
Francis
Overbomber

I hope you haven't bean tempted by thoze beanz in potz Debz. Microwavez are the work of the Devil. :evil:
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Debaser
Overbomber

Francis wrote:I hope you haven't bean tempted by thoze beanz in potz Debz. Microwavez are the work of the Devil. :evil:
Beans come in tins. I still find the new fangled ringpull goes against the grain somewhat. What will they think of next

Jars, apparently :roll: Beans in jars? What is the world coming to?
culprit
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I lurve the snap pots - one minute in the mic and their ready to pour.
tins annoy me. plastic is fantastic!
...mmmmmmmmmMMMMMM!....
DerekR
Doobie Brother

I can recommend Branstons
abridged
Slight Overbomber

American Heinz baked beans are just wrong. Covered in a brown type sauce. Yuk! Worringly the only place I saw cans of proper beans was Moby's tea shop in the Lower East side. Far too trendy for me! ;D
The Chancer Corporation
10-E Rabid
Amphetamine Filth

More beanz please!
originalgoth

When I was at secondry school here in Nottingham, my nextdoor neighbours son used to melt a table spoon or 2 of butter in the saucepan first & then put the beans in - lovely, it does make them taste better, makes them creamy, I always do it now as well.

He went on to join the Royal Army Catering Corp.
And I ride down the Highway 101
By the side of the ocean, headed for Sunset

Black Planet according to originalGoth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hYeYgNIntQ
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

originalgoth wrote:When I was at secondry school here in Nottingham, my nextdoor neighbours son used to melt a table spoon or 2 of butter in the saucepan first & then put the beans in - lovely, it does make them taste better,
13 miles north of you,in Kirkby in Ashfield,my mother used to put a little lard in with them,thus "frying" them a little in the saucepan,and yes,they were fantastic!
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
originalgoth

ribbons69 wrote:
originalgoth wrote:When I was at secondry school here in Nottingham, my nextdoor neighbours son used to melt a table spoon or 2 of butter in the saucepan first & then put the beans in - lovely, it does make them taste better,
13 miles north of you,in Kirkby in Ashfield,my mother used to put a little lard in with them,thus "frying" them a little in the saucepan,and yes,they were fantastic!
David,
I've asked you before if you know or knew Adrian Hunt from Kirkby in Ashfield (he used to go to RC with a guy called Gobals and a few others from Kirkby, one of his mates used to do the whole white face & black eyes thing sometimes).

Me & Adrian did 6 dates of The Nephilim tour in '88 - he'd just passed his driving test so borrowd his moms car for it.

ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

originalgoth wrote:
ribbons69 wrote:
David,
I've asked you before if you know or knew Adrian Hunt from Kirkby in Ashfield (he used to go to RC with a guy called Gobals and a few others from Kirkby, one of his mates used to do the whole white face & black eyes thing sometimes).

Me & Adrian did 6 dates of The Nephilim tour in '88 - he'd just passed his driving test so borrowd his moms car for it.
Have you? I don't remember that.
His name doesn't ring a bell,which is really annoying as I was a massive Nephs fan back then,saw them at Rock City and Birmingham Hummingbird around then,and Reading Fest in 87.
I am however aware of the Ashfield Mofo's, legendary cohorts of The Sisters around Wake and The Mish circa Children.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
originalgoth

ribbons69 wrote:
originalgoth wrote:
ribbons69 wrote: 13 miles north of you,in Kirkby in Ashfield,my mother used to put a little lard in with them,thus "frying" them a little in the saucepan,and yes,they were fantastic!
David,

Have you? I don't remember that.
His name doesn't ring a bell,which is really annoying as I was a massive Nephs fan back then,saw them at Rock City and Birmingham Hummingbird around then,and Reading Fest in 87.
I am however aware of the Ashfield Mofo's, legendary cohorts of The Sisters around Wake and The Mish circa Children.
If I'm right, his brother was in Every New Dead Ghost for a while.

Memphis Rich
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I'd like to add salt to this argument, let's make our own mind's up.
Words are just turds
In sewers of sound
Francis
Overbomber

abridged wrote:American Heinz baked beans are just wrong.
You mean Mr. Heinz really is English? Oooh! I am soooo gonna get my stake back through PubQuizFraudz4U!
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Memphis Rich
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

There are 57 varieties
Words are just turds
In sewers of sound
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

kinda off topic, but does anyone else remember the di di diddly dum advert (from donkeys years ago)?

i never really caught the rest of the words :lol:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

During WWII in Germany, Heinz made little spaghetti swastikas.

(Another nugget from the markfiend mine of useless information.)

Edit: It appears I have been misled. http://www.snopes.com/business/alliance/swastika.asp :evil:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Debaser
Overbomber

LouLou wrote:kinda off topic, but does anyone else remember the di di diddly dum advert (from donkeys years ago)?

i never really caught the rest of the words :lol:
You mean the di dum di dum di dumty dum, one ? :lol:
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

yep, that one!

i always tried to sing along...and failed miserably :lol:
Debaser
Overbomber

"A million housewives everyday, pick up a can of beans and say"

Come on those at the back, join in
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

teh original didle um, courtesy of u-choob:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT-6fQ8lWig&feature=fvw

:lol:
originalgoth

Francis wrote:
abridged wrote:American Heinz baked beans are just wrong.
You mean Mr. Heinz really is English? Oooh! I am soooo gonna get my stake back through PubQuizFraudz4U!
No, Francis,
Heinz is an American company.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._J._Heinz_Company

And for those who may not know - as well as making foods they also make dogs - The Heinz 57 breed (not sure where they make them or even how though)
Clever people those people at Heinz
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Runs for the nearest door......................