What! No Sisters?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
10-E Rabid
Amphetamine Filth

So let's say there was no Sisters of Mercy to worship. What would be the next best group that you'd be a part of in a forum other than the Gods whom I've mentioned? Mine is Fields of the Nephilim, and I'm not even on that forum, huh...... Don't be afraid to come out of the closet... :D :) :( :eek: :? :lol: :x :| :innocent: :notworthy:
"Go forth and become a happy cabbage"
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

nobody gets any prizes for mine.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Rosetta, every time - would only be interested in a forum if they were at least active enough to warrant discussion, which they aren't.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Iron Maiden.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

i can name at least 10 bands who i listen to more often than i listen to the girls, but joining their forums hasn't even occurred to me.

what is wrong with this picture :?: :?
peartree_productions
Road Kill

M*****n!

Just kidding... (or am I?)
Jesus Loves The Sisters. And so do I
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

LouLou wrote:i can name at least 10 bands who i listen to more often than i listen to the girls, but joining their forums hasn't even occurred to me.

what is wrong with this picture :?: :?
Nothing at all. One of the joys of being into The Sisters is the sense of community that surrounds the fanbase. Even if you like lots of other bands a bit more, if it's no fun to get involved with the crowd why bother with the forums?
Nationalise the f**king lot.
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

Type O Negative..hands down...the number one band for me...and that went down the drain
Silver_Owl
The Don

There can be only one. :|
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
10-E Rabid
Amphetamine Filth

sziamiau wrote:Type O Negative..hands down...the number one band for me...and that went down the drain
Ya I feel your pain....The Cramps also....sigh :roll:
"Go forth and become a happy cabbage"
Being645
Wiki Wizard

:eek: ... it's taken me more than 15 years to join THIS forum ... :roll: ...

... and I'm quite convinced, it will go on,
even in case The Sisters should not exist ... ;D ... :notworthy: ... :lol: ...
Debaser
Overbomber

the Arch Drude - but they're all a bit clever on there so I just smile and wave :lol:
The Chameleons - oh tried that didn't I?
Puressence - but that's gone all 'Facebook' and the forum keeps breaking

I poke my nose in a few - forewarned is forearmed and all that :wink:
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Orkwind (but I don't know that I'd join a message board for them).
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Garbageman
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The Cramps
Like pushing a marsmallow into a piggy bank
originalgoth

I was registerd on The Mi$$ion Forum (didn't go on it much)
Morrissey Forum (Same again - not much interaction)

I'm now on New Model Army's Forum & spend quite a lot of time on there.

This is my main forum though & that will never change.

If this forum didn't exist then I wouldn't have met so many great people (both on here & in person in Leeds 2006)

Thanks to you all

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

And of course The Sisters

Like 10-E Rabid, my other fave band would be The Nephilim but I'm not on their forum either.
And I ride down the Highway 101
By the side of the ocean, headed for Sunset

Black Planet according to originalGoth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hYeYgNIntQ
DerekR
Doobie Brother

originalgoth wrote:...The Nephilim but I'm not on their forum either.
Neither's Blast :lol: :innocent:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Nick Cave.
"as we walk on the floodland"
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

can't really say because TSOM opened my ears for completely new music otherwise it could be some heavy mental stuuf like Iron Maiden, Metallica or something like that. :urff:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

At least three of the bands mentioned on here wouldn't exist if it weren't for the Sisters...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

good old bob
MUSICA È
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Led Zeppelin - though I admit there'd be nothing new to talk about, really.
Four strings good, six strings bad
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Nothing at all. The other fora I frequent are all recording-related (Homerecording.be, Gearslutz, Cubase.net)

And in fact, I'm not here anymore for the Sisters, they have nothing new to say to me, the people here OTOH, are mostly ace! :notworthy:

Edit: I might attend a FGG forum ;)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

the sisters got me into goff, so if they hadn't existed, who knows.

at the time i came across the sisters i was mainly listening to 80s alt/indie - bunnymen, joy division, the mary chain, pixies, fall, yadda yadda yadda - so there's a good chance that left to my own devices i'd have wandered off on some obscure john peel-esque indie path.

i like to think i might have still discovered the chameleons. they used to play a bit of chams at an indie club in manchester i used to go to some times called legends (which is now a young, hip "indie" superclub called 5th avenue :roll:), so it might have happened, but if i'm honest i'm so not sure as i only started hearing them played regularly when i started going to the banshee, which was manchester's goth club in the late 80s & early 90s.

the cure & the banshees were already on my radar, before i 'found' the sisters, but they were secondary listening, and if the sisters hadn't adjusted my taste towards the, ahem, darker side, i doubt bob & suz would have been as prominent in my collection as they ended up.

it's all about the sisters. always was, always will be ;D

god, that's sad isn't it? :oops:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Sita

:lol:

I was in the Madonna fan club for two years or so. They have a lively forum, but it is full of passionate complaints about how much she/her shows/her looks/her music/just everything sucks compared to, I don't know, 1986 or so, and people being bitchy to each other. I did get two nice real life friends from there, though, although we didn't really meet on the forum but rather before a concert.

And when I was 12, I was in the Alien Sex Fiend fan club but internet didn't really exist in those times :wink:

I am also a huge Bryan Ferry/Roxy Music fan, and I joined their mailing list, but I have no desire to talk about them much.
DeWinter

Fields, easily. I was a fan of theirs before The Sisters and I will even go so far as to say they became easily the better band (obviously in my opinion).
But..

Some Neffs fans are totally insane. There was a (I think) German forum for them that was active whilst we had the interminable wait for Carl to get off his esoteric arse and set up his own, and the ramblings on it were unbelievable. How every spelling mistake was a secret coded message, how Tony's basslines were musical use of the Enochian Calls, or the Golden Moment, and the adoration of McCoy was beyond ridiculous. He's a rather short, albeit curiously handsome when younger, ex grease-monkey from Stevenage, an unlikely herald of the New Shamanic Age, methinks..
Although I'm the total opposite of Sisters fans generally politically, they at least have their feet fairly firmly on the ground. I've even heard people criticize Eldritch for being a tit to people sometimes on here. Point out that McCoy did a twattish thing to the Wrights, or that he was totally in the wrong in the dispute with Jungle and they went bananas..
"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.."