Fantasy Dinner Party

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

i, for one, wouldn't want :von: at my dinner party because i'm not prepared to let him set off the fire alarms with all the smoke that seems to follow him everywhere.

i also very much doubt that my flat has the necessary infrastructure for the pretty lights.
originalgoth
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I think I'd have

Morrissey (To thank him for writing so many great songs and for his great use of the English language and sarcasm / whit)
Nigel Mansell (just because he was the reason I got into F1 all those years ago)
I would invite :von: for sure, (it would be nice to say to him "Shut the F&*K Up if he stepped out of line but I know I would never say that to him)
Clint Eastwood (to ask him if he felt lucky about my cooking)

Clint could keep :von: in check couldn't he :lol: :lol:
And I ride down the Highway 101
By the side of the ocean, headed for Sunset

Black Planet according to originalGoth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hYeYgNIntQ
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

J. Blast
:von:
Lech Janerka ( you can;t know him - he's Polish musican, writing great lyrics, i love to read any interview with him)
i have to think for a while about 4th person.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Maisey wrote:To help you in your decision making process

And for the weirdos among you, I'm fairly sure that's Burley Park, so get your camping equipment and binoculars ready!
Yeah it is. Chris lives about 1/4 mile from me. I'm not going to post his address on open forum though, the poor bugger will be besieged as it is.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
splintered thing

I have actually thought about this for years and I have lots of versions... whenever I plan my Christmas do I think about all the better people I could have at my table instead of the family I will end up resenting by the pudding course. Current fave wish list:

Queen Elizabeth I
Queen Elizabeth II
Geoffery Robertson
Tom Baker

I reckon it'd be a riot!
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
Silver_Owl
The Don

splintered thing wrote: Tom Baker
:notworthy:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Bartek wrote:J. Blast
:von:
Lech Janerka ( you can;t know him - he's Polish musican, writing great lyrics, i love to read any interview with him)
i have to think for a while about 4th person.
i found 4th person: Anthony Bourdain

eek no women. women would be for dessert.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

splintered thing wrote:whenever I plan my Christmas do I think about all the better people I could have at my table instead of the family I will end up resenting by the pudding course.
Sounds like we may be related to the same people. I solve this problem by making sure I'm on holiday over Christmas with a stack of books, a case of malbec, a stilton, and a carton of smokes. Maybe have one or two people I'm not related to over for drinks and sausage rolls, but beyond that the rest of the world can fuck off for 4 days (coz I'm a miserable git :lol: ).
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
splintered thing

EvilBastard wrote:
splintered thing wrote:whenever I plan my Christmas do I think about all the better people I could have at my table instead of the family I will end up resenting by the pudding course.
Sounds like we may be related to the same people. I solve this problem by making sure I'm on holiday over Christmas with a stack of books, a case of malbec, a stilton, and a carton of smokes. Maybe have one or two people I'm not related to over for drinks and sausage rolls, but beyond that the rest of the world can fuck off for 4 days (coz I'm a miserable git :lol: ).
:lol: :lol: :notworthy:
Oh yes! We have the full 'do' @ ours this year.... oh lordy I am psyching up already - you should come! :lol:
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Still think I win. The conversation wouldn't be that great, but how many of you lot would have problems walking the next day after yours..?
Four strings good, six strings bad
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

markfiend wrote:
Maisey wrote:To help you in your decision making process

And for the weirdos among you, I'm fairly sure that's Burley Park, so get your camping equipment and binoculars ready!
Yeah it is. Chris lives about 1/4 mile from me. I'm not going to post his address on open forum though, the poor bugger will be besieged as it is.
I recognise that patch of green they had the football on, just around the corner from me. Pity that pub there closed.

I also have a copy of that issue of Sandman Wayne is reading. Hell, I've got an article in it.
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

For an enjoyable chat & to give them a chance to put right the wrongs done in their names...

Jesus
Karl Marx
Elvis

and to ensure that their hillarious attempts are subsequently followed by a TV crew for a reality show on ITV2

Max Clifford

(catering by Kerry Catonia & all at Iceland - the shop not the country!)
Asperum Aestimate Fimi Aliquid Hodie
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

paint it black wrote:I'll bring the beer and the tunes
What a sneeky way of luring me in there... :?
we've got beer and we've got fuel
Holly_DelRey

My guests would be:

Hunter S. Thompson
Anthony Bourdain
Stanley Kubrick
Johnny Depp

8)
🇨🇦 🔁 🇺🇲
Pista
Cureboi

I think I would invite

Terry Hall
He is so dead pan & a hero from my childhood. Pina Coladas with him would be fun.

Blast.
Need to have some controversy & he could bring the cheese too.

Lauren Bravo
Someone who will prolly document & blog the event & bring a sensational sense of humour to the proceedings.

Siouxsie Sioux
To swap crimping tips with.

Justin Beiber
Well, someone needs to do the washing up.

:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Bahamas
Road Kill

I would have to go with the Von, Hussey Gary Marx plus the DR for converational purposes and watch the blood :twisted: bath start.
Silver_Owl
The Don

Pista wrote:
Terry Hall
He is so dead pan & a hero from my childhood. Pina Coladas with him would be fun.
He drinks in Leamington. I'll ask him for you next time I see him. :lol:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Bahamas
Road Kill

Raymond Carver
Murakami
Jonna Lumley
David Bowie
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Oh Bowiie 8)