Tony Curtis RIP-"F**k them and feed them fish"

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

daughter Jamie Lee Curtis has confirmed that her legendary actor father has indeed moved on. He was 85.
Man was a legend-the quote in the title is his.

They just don't make them like that anymore. :notworthy: :cry: :notworthy:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Impressive hair, IIRC.
Four strings good, six strings bad
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

just heard it on the news.

RIP :(
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I did love Some Like It Hot. Even though he said that kissing Marilyn Monroe was like kissing Hitler (or something along those lines).

Another from the era when stars were real stars has gone. And so it goes.

:(
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

He was Hungarian.

RIP

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Silver_Owl
The Don

markfiend wrote:Even though he said that kissing Marilyn Monroe was like kissing Hitler (or something along those lines).
Tickly moustache? :?
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

"They just don't make them like that anymore"

how true... rip
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Hom_Corleone wrote:
markfiend wrote:Even though he said that kissing Marilyn Monroe was like kissing Hitler (or something along those lines).
Tickly moustache? :?
Don't ask me! :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
originalgoth
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:Another from the era when stars were real stars has gone. And so it goes.

Too true Mark

On a personal note for me, Tony Curtis was a star I share my birthdate with, Suzi Quatro is another.
3-June

RIP Tony

I'll be thinking about you on my next birthday - one less invite to send out.
And I ride down the Highway 101
By the side of the ocean, headed for Sunset

Black Planet according to originalGoth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hYeYgNIntQ
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

This, for example, is a phenomena that would entirely stop with just a little bit of genuine self-reflexion from the sufferers.

But in all honesty, i do think that anyone who is affected by the death of a "star" or an "idol" would benefit from sessions with a jungian therapist.

And intellectualization of the subject (ie. explaining it away by seemingly reasonable arguments) means deflecting it.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Deflect this:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

It's only human to be affected emotionally by the death of someone who has touched your life, no matter how small the contact.

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt...
—Bertrand Russell
GC
Slight Overbomber

itnAklipse wrote:This, for example, is a phenomena that would entirely stop with just a little bit of genuine self-reflexion from the sufferers.

But in all honesty, i do think that anyone who is affected by the death of a "star" or an "idol" would benefit from sessions with a jungian therapist.

And intellectualization of the subject (ie. explaining it away by seemingly reasonable arguments) means deflecting it.
I agree. That said how would you react if AE died. You seem to be quite fond of him/his work.
GC
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:It's only human to be affected emotionally by the death of someone who has touched your life, no matter how small the contact.

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt...
It's just a shame though that in these days you re likely to be less affected emotionally by a neighbour or a colleague with breast cancer than by for example Kylie Minogue.

People also use the words "gutted", "shattered" etc to describe an event that causes only the smallest of ripples in your life.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Yeah that's a fair point.
—Bertrand Russell