Saw the Bunnies last night

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
mh
Above the Chemist

Don't wanna give too much away for anyone else who may be going, but there were a few pleasant surprises in the set list. Hampered a little by sound quality problems at the start, but when they got going they were pretty smashing. Best Back Of Love I've ever heard, Mac's looking very well, he's lost a lot of weight, but unfortunately most of it seems to have migrated over to Will.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

:D Can't wait till Saturday..... nice home coming gig at the sold out Royal Court.

Snowey
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

cool 8)

i saw the coral last night and they were like a cross betwewen the la's, the bunnymen and some oddball 60s garage/psyche band. quite cool, but i would have preferred the bunnymen ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
snowey

Remember seeing The Coral supporting the Bunnymen :notworthy: the other year at Cream. Not to bad.
Silver_Owl
The Don

Aren't The Coral just The Stairs younger brothers?
They're a blatant rip off of everything they ever did. Arse.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Steve303 wrote:Aren't The Coral just The Stairs younger brothers?
quite possibly yes. i dont know much stairs stuff, apart from one 7" mrs qb has... i still like them though ;D
Silver_Owl
The Don

Quiff Boy wrote:
Steve303 wrote:Aren't The Coral just The Stairs younger brothers?
quite possibly yes. i dont know much stairs stuff, apart from one 7" mrs qb has... i still like them though ;D
Quiff - if the album is still available it's well worth checking out 'Russian RnB' I think it's called. Every time I hear The Coral I think 'Stairs'.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
James Blast
Banned

It depresses me that people like The Coral, they sound like a pub band playing selections from their Mum's & Dad's Roger Whittiker albums. :(
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
DerekR
Doobie Brother

I caught the Bunnymen last night at the Barras....

Absolutely feckin amazing gig! A real return to form, they rocked the roof off the place! Sounded and looked a lot leaner than recently, a mile away from that p*ss poor Live in Liverpool DVD they brought out recently.

Was talking to a group of lads on the train home about how great "the gig" was, took a good 10 minutes before I realized they were talking about the Bowie gig down the road :) Apparently that was a bit good too!
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Incidentally, can anyone reach www.bunnymen.com? I get this:

You are not authorized to view this page
You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the www.bunnymen.com home page.

Used to work fine :(
James Blast
Banned

Congrats on a good gig Derek, beginning to wish I had went now. Ye missed nowt on Roundtable, I'm 'Forbidden' from The Bunneymen website too :(
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
snowey

I can honestly say that the DVD sounds just like the actual gig's that they did for this recording but the DVD does not do them justice. Why play the old video's over the performance??

Well looking forward to tonight....
JonnyDelphium
Road Kill

BTW, what everyone really wants to know is wther the bunnies played that awful football anthem they did, y'know, the s**t one with the spicegirls singin on it ?
James Blast
Banned

OMG! JD, I had erased that one from my memory.

Thanks!
Blast
~ Peter Steele
JonnyDelphium
Road Kill

Three words: GUILTY BY ASSOCIATION!
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

DerekR wrote:I caught the Bunnymen last night at the Barras....

Absolutely feckin amazing gig! A real return to form, they rocked the roof off the place! Sounded and looked a lot leaner than recently, a mile away from that p*ss poor Live in Liverpool DVD they brought out recently.

Was talking to a group of lads on the train home about how great "the gig" was, took a good 10 minutes before I realized they were talking about the Bowie gig down the road :) Apparently that was a bit good too!
Yeah, the Barras gig was very good. Excellent version of Zimbo, plus really everything else you'd want to hear.
Sound quality was damn near perfect and Mac is looking very fit.

AE should take some notes, principally - there is no sin in pleasing your fanbase once in a while!
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

DerekR wrote:Incidentally, can anyone reach www.bunnymen.com? I get this:

You are not authorized to view this page
You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

I think it may be something to do with the security settings on your PC - I get the same style of message when I try and vist the Nephs' site.
Haven't checked the Bunnymen for a while, suspect it's probably the same
for me as well.
Could also be something to do with some of the recent patches for XP.

Help anybody :?: :?: :!: :(
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

nah, looks like they havent got a defaultpage set for their homepage - ie: a file called "index.html" or similar - and the "browse directory" feature that would normally just list the folder contents in the absence of a default document has been turned off for security reasons.

wierd!

the neph site was a different thing - that was because they made the directory password protected, using something called a ".htaccess" file... presumably for testing purposes and to keep joe public out. :roll:
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Cheers for the info Quiffy.

Mind you, I'm still being asked for a bloody password for the Neph site!

Oh well, I'm given to understand that there was only a flash intro on view anyway...
DerekR
Doobie Brother

JonnyDelphium wrote:BTW, what everyone really wants to know is wther the bunnies played that awful football anthem they did, y'know, the **** one with the spicegirls singin on it ?
"How does it feel, to be on top of the world...."

Hehe, thankfully no, they didn't play it (nor The Game, which I was a little disappointed in).
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Erudite wrote:AE should take some notes, principally - there is no sin in pleasing your fanbase once in a while!
Ah but he did, on 24-04-03 at the very same venue :)
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

DerekR wrote: Ah but he did, on 24-04-03 at the very same venue :)
I wasn't too impressed by that one. The 02/09/00 gig IMHO was far better.
Had a lot of time to ponder this one since April and I've come to the conclusion that I've just seen the present line up too often of late - eleven times between August 00 and April 03.
For me the setlist hasn't changed enough, nor has the sound developed in any way.

Don't think I'm gonna bother next time. Not unless Marx and/or Adams returns, or there is some new product.

Like either of those is going to happen! :wink:

Having seen Motorhead at the Barras last month it was again hammered home that they and the Bunnymen do exactly as it says on the tin - and still release records.
Something both the Neph and the Sisters are guilty of not doing, which is a shame as they really are two of my favourite bands.
DerekR
Doobie Brother

Erudite wrote:Having seen Motorhead at the Barras last month....
Whoa there just one second, some of these are in order :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Erudite wrote:Something both the Neph and the Sisters are guilty of not doing, which is a shame as they really are two of my favourite bands.
Agreed. And I thought the gap between Floodland and Vision Thing was a long wait :roll:
mh
Above the Chemist

So hands up who else got Show Of Strength as the opener. "WOW!!!" is pretty much all I can say.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Black Shuck
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack bar, sucking sickly sausage rolls

I think I might like the Bunnymen, but I can't bring myself to listen to their stuff as Ian Mchulloch is a sad, bitchy old slag.
Or at least thats how he comes across in interviews.
Gazza for England manager