Ulterior - Sisters Support

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
bananacamel
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I thought these guys were great, not since watching Children On Stun support Rosetta Stone back in 1992 has a support band actually made with part with money.

Thinking that some of you guys may have had the same view, I've been doing a little searching on where to buy their stuff, should you be so inclined. Links below.

Heartland Info Thread
Records
Official mp3
More mp3

Or of course you can just go to iTunes :D
Last edited by bananacamel on 14 Aug 2010, 10:37, edited 1 time in total.
I've got a mind like a poisonous fish...
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Indeed! Certainly an upturn in the usual quality of Sisters supports :D

Did you get any recordings of them?
Nationalise the f**king lot.
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

I was very impressed with them,bought back happy memories of Rock City back in the 80's.I would certainly go and see them again.

Worst Sisters support? I still vote for Sona Fariq back in 2000
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Drenchrom
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The Sisters have always had decent supports. La Costa Rasa, Cubanate, Sona Fariq, Tin Star, Dave Thomas, Oceansize and The Ivories.
What was great about Sona Fariq was how they worked the crowd up. First night i wasn't that interested but by the third night they were superb, so good i went to see them play some club dates themselves. The album is mighty fine too, it's had a blast or to on those long European road trips.

Matt..
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

iLIKETRAINS from the 2009 tour were great :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

not my usual cup of tea, but ulterior weren't at all bad either :)
radiojamaica
Overbomber

LouLou wrote:iLIKETRAINS from the 2009 tour were great :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Indeed! I kinda missed them afterwards :lol:

On the other hand: Blutch was the best of the best acts supporting the Sisters 8)
And La Muerte in Dour 97, but that was a festival so doesn't really count...
in dub we trust
pikkrong
Overbomber

Maybe the best support act for the Sisters I have seen after Robochrist in Hamburg, 2006.

:notworthy:
do i drive
or am i driven
RobF

Drenchrom wrote:The Sisters have always had decent supports. La Costa Rasa, Cubanate, Sona Fariq, Tin Star, Dave Thomas, Oceansize and The Ivories.
What was great about Sona Fariq was how they worked the crowd up. First night i wasn't that interested but by the third night they were superb, so good i went to see them play some club dates themselves. The album is mighty fine too, it's had a blast or to on those long European road trips.

Matt..
I loved Sona Fariq and their bouncy goff-baiting ways. Fun Fun Fun.

Tin-Star rather fine, but not my bag. Cubanate, were fun, but dated really fast.

David Thomas, was, is and will remain, a piggin' genius. Off to see him agin in London next month.
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
R-Man
Road Kill

If you liked Ulterior and live near Nottingham I'm putting them on on a little DIY gig at The Chameleon on 23rd October. Entry will be less than a fiver and capacity is about 100. Should be intimate and LOUD. The guys will be about and happy to chat Sisters with anyone - they are BIG fans. Come along
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

their whitby gig should be interesting 8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

I concur, it's looking like being a very good show indeed.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Ulterior failed to turn up to their gig in York tonight. A pity, as I was looking forward to seeing them again.
Try and update the website next time guys?
The word "unprofessional" springs to mind.
With an attitude like that, you'll go far... Not.
Holly_DelRey

This was announced on their FB page Wed:

ULTERIOR - Official Band Page IMPORTANT - Unfortunately we have had to cancel our trip to Leeds & York this weekend due to many unforeseen circumstances. Apologies to anyone who was planning to go or has bought a ticket already. The events themselves are scheduled to continue as planned - but without us... Sorry for any inconvenience - Ω
🇨🇦 🔁 🇺🇲
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

:lol:

Website check FAIL

;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

F u c k farcebook. That is all.
Izzy HaveMercy

Scardwel wrote:F u c k farcebook. That is all.
It's a social network where anyone can post what he likes, it is the Wiki but with people you actually know ;)

IZ.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

and surely worst of luck for ULTERIOR having to cancel a gig ... :( ...
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
It's a social network where anyone can post what he likes, it is the Wiki but with people you actually know ;)

IZ.
Say it to my face, at an actual Sisters gig. But then again, you don't go to gigs anymore so forget I said anything.
The Scene won't save you...
Izzy HaveMercy

Scardwel wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:

IZ.
Say it to my face, at an actual Sisters gig. But then again, you don't go to gigs anymore so forget I said anything.
You make that sound as if I might be afraid to tell you that...? I'm 35, I have naught to prove anymore and I do more gigs than you probably... only not Sisters related ;)

But of a weird comment, in all, and just a tad aggressive, time for bed mebbies :?

IZ.
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Putting a wink (wank?) at the end of every sentence makes you sooo clever doesn't it! Here's a few more for you:

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
The Scene won't save you...
SomeKindOfStranger

am I the only one who cant see what was so bad about Izzys response?
Just wondered...
I hear her cry all day, all night
I hear her voice from deep within the wall
Made a cross from knitting needles
Made a grave from hoover bags
Especially for the woman in the wall
Izzy HaveMercy

Scardwel wrote:Putting a wink (wank?) at the end of every sentence makes you sooo clever doesn't it! Here's a few more for you:

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
If you have a problem with me take it to PM.

No wink necessary for that, I'm bloody serious.

I don't have the time nor the inclination to pick fights with people, I have a life to lead.

IZ.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I'm not sure what's going on here. But please stop.

To be fair, a post on Facebook is not adequate notification of cancelling a gig IMO.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Izzy HaveMercy

markfiend wrote:I'm not sure what's going on here. But please stop.

To be fair, a post on Facebook is not adequate notification of cancelling a gig IMO.
Makes two of us Mark :|

And indeed, not everyone has a Facebook account of course...

IZ.