Mrs. Fry's Diary

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Meat Whiplash
Road Kill

Nat Trezz and all that
Edna Fry wrote:Well, hello dear. You found me. I thought I'd try out a little bloggery. I hope you enjoy reading about my life with Stephen and our two adorable children (we have six but only two are adorable. Do I mean adorable? Sorry. Acceptable).
There. I'm rambling already. Perhaps I should have stuck to Twitter.
originalgoth
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I used to like Stephen Fry in his earlier career with Hugh Laurie but now I really can't stand the pompus prat.

I don't find him one bit funny & I think he's run his course as to his comedian qualities.
And I ride down the Highway 101
By the side of the ocean, headed for Sunset

Black Planet according to originalGoth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hYeYgNIntQ
Meat Whiplash
Road Kill

thank you
It's all such a dreary fiction.
Silver_Owl
The Don

Come on - get off the fence. :lol:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

I still love him but I can't be arsed with Twatter.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

He flogs Sky 3D, fail on every level.
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Two words:

Direct Line.

I mean, bloody hell, the guy is witty, intelligent, funny, etc. etc. etc. but does he really have to flog everything that advertisers ask him to? He can't be that hard up for cash.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Big Si
School Bully

markfiend wrote:Two words:

Direct Line.

I mean, bloody hell, the guy is witty, intelligent, funny, etc. etc. etc. but does he really have to flog everything that advertisers ask him to? He can't be that hard up for cash.
Reading his Twitter he does a lot of world travelling every few months so that's gonnae cost abit no? Voiceovers for adverts dinnae pay huge sums unless they're long term contracts like Vic and Bob with Churchills Image
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
christophe
Overbomber

meh...
how are his books?
Another Shade of You.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Big Si wrote:Reading his Twitter he does a lot of world travelling every few months so that's gonnae cost abit no? Voiceovers for adverts dinnae pay huge sums unless they're long term contracts like Vic and Bob with Churchills Image
Aye there is that I suppose. I am more inclined to give him a pass than some on this thread (originalgoth for example :lol:) but he tries my patience sometimes.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
DeWinter

christophe wrote:meh...
how are his books?
Not that good. He's like Ben Elton in the respect that he can make a witty observation or a funny joke every now and again in his books, but can't really tell a story that well. Making History was pretty bad, in my opinion.

Fry himself I'm also a bit sick of now. He was very funny back in the 80's/90's with Laurie, but now he seems to just be making a living playing some Wodehouse caricature of himself, like Boris Johnson. :|
"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.."
splintered thing

He is a brilliant chap - I think the problem is too many people have told him that, and it is has to some degree given him licence to literally print money.... I think it is a bit of a waste of a wonderful mind. Also, there is only so much sexual politics I can listen to (ie QI) :lol:
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
Meat Whiplash
Road Kill

DeWinter wrote:
christophe wrote:meh...
how are his books?
Not that good. He's like Ben Elton in the respect that he can make a witty observation or a funny joke every now and again in his books, but can't really tell a story that well. Making History was pretty bad, in my opinion.

Fry himself I'm also a bit sick of now. He was very funny back in the 80's/90's with Laurie, but now he seems to just be making a living playing some Wodehouse caricature of himself, like Boris Johnson. :|
UTTER ARSE!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

splintered thing wrote:Also, there is only so much sexual politics I can listen to (ie QI) :lol:
RLY? I've not noticed any sexual politics on QI?
—Bertrand Russell
Silver_Owl
The Don

FWIW I like him. I'm not a big watcher of TV so I'm not influenced by his advertising campaigns. I did enjoy his tour of America though and he's responsible for some very funny sketches back in the day.

Example :notworthy:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

splintered thing wrote:He is a brilliant chap - I think the problem is too many people have told him that, and it is has to some degree given him licence to literally print money.... I think it is a bit of a waste of a wonderful mind.
That.

I generally think he's great, but the way people fawn over him does occasionally annoy me. I suppose it's inevitable when so few of our media regulars have anything much to offer besides a massive ego.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets