Bullsh1t merchants -- post your own

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Loneliness, an overactive imagination, a need to impress?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
originalgoth
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:Loneliness, an overactive imagination, a need to impress?
I'd go along with that Mark,
My BS Merchant certainly wanted to impress people every day but I guess if they actually realised that their lies & Tall Stories didn't impress people (that it has the oposite effect in fact - that people laugh at them for doing it rather that laughing with them) so they needn't bother telling them then maybe they'd realise that people like them & get on with them anyway so they'd stop it.

We can all claim to be something that we're not but in the end a down-to-earth person goes further than a story teller I think.
And I ride down the Highway 101
By the side of the ocean, headed for Sunset

Black Planet according to originalGoth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hYeYgNIntQ
sultan2075
Overbomber

Did I ever tell you guys about the time Ozzy showed up to my middle-school, pulled me out of class and made a record with me? They haven't released it yet, but I swear it's the truth. It's held up with litigation because the record is so good that Black Sabbath wants to prevent him from releasing it. We had Andrew Eldritch on bass and Lemmy playing the kazoo!
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

markfiend wrote:he was trying not to laugh and I was trying not to make eye contact in case he set me off).
Why? Why not just laugh and call him on it?
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

stufarq wrote:
markfiend wrote:he was trying not to laugh and I was trying not to make eye contact in case he set me off).
to get the idiot think you're buying it so that he comes up with even more rubbish? :twisted:

that's what i do anyway - i get a good chuckle and the bs merchant gets an ego boost. everyone's happy ;D
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Sometimes its just easier to let them believe
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Emerald Green
Road Kill

jeez, someone skipped their medication...
True Love Doth Pass Away
originalgoth

Emerald Green wrote:jeez, someone skipped their medication...
Either that or they took too much of it
:lol: :lol: :lol:
And I ride down the Highway 101
By the side of the ocean, headed for Sunset

Black Planet according to originalGoth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hYeYgNIntQ
splintered thing

Yep- We all get them I had a guy once tell me he had seen TSoM here 'back in the day'... but that I would have been too young then to go. Yeeeeeaahhhh, and the Sissies have never toured here (and that is well documented). Still, it was the days before the great interweb so I guess he thought he could pull it off.
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
sam1

my bull s**t merchant was one of my chefs who,without fail was late by 10 mins every f**king day he worked with me
(as Anthony Bourdain said-there is an excuse to be half an hour late--not 10 mins late)
--every day there was a new excuse--somebody gave birth on the bus, the bus ran out of fuel, a fox ran out in front of the bus, the ticket inspector stopped the bus...the list of bull goes on,
the classic excuse was.. the bus went without me!!
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

sam1 wrote:as Anthony Bourdain said-there is an excuse to be half an hour late--not 10 mins late
That's s**t in itself. Have you never been held up? I agree that every day is another matter but the quote's just nonsense.
sam1 wrote:the classic excuse was.. the bus went without me!!
As a daily bus user that sounds entirely plausible to me. Some bus drivers can be bastards and will pull away when they see someone running to catch them.
sam1

stufarq wrote:
sam1 wrote:as Anthony Bourdain said-there is an excuse to be half an hour late--not 10 mins late
That's s**t in itself. Have you never been held up? I agree that every day is another matter but the quote's just nonsense.
sam1 wrote:the classic excuse was.. the bus went without me!!
As a daily bus user that sounds entirely plausible to me. Some bus drivers can be bastards and will pull away when they see someone running to catch them.
Hit a nerve have I ??
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

LouLou wrote:
stufarq wrote:
to get the idiot think you're buying it so that he comes up with even more rubbish? :twisted:

that's what i do anyway - i get a good chuckle and the bs merchant gets an ego boost. everyone's happy ;D
Precisely. :twisted:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Silver_Owl
The Don

Wonderful stuff. :notworthy:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.