Name for a new night

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.

Which is a decent name...?

BURNING FROM THE INSIDE
13%
WARSAW
19%
RAW POWER
19%
TV CASUALTY
6%
None of the above
44%

Total votes: 16
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

:lol: :notworthy: :notworthy:

so much for my irony detection skills :lol:
Being645
Wiki Wizard

10-E Rabid wrote:I'm sorry but "strickly raw' sounds like an La glam band name. And of course glam stands for Gay L.A. Music...
... :lol: ... had never come to an idea like this, but yes, now that you say it, I can imagine ... :lol: ...

and surely no reason to feel offended ... :wink: ...
damagedone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

"Strung out in heaven" :innocent:
Silver_Owl
The Don

Maisey wrote:It's looking more like Warsaw now. Partly because it sounds suitably bleak, partly because Joy Division are generally liked by pretty much all our target groups and partly because it comes out big on posters.

Although Lord Byron's Crack Den Of Sounds went down very well with all concerned.
Close But No Cigar. ;D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Superstar DJs, here we go! 8)

FYI, and for a wee bit of promotion ourselves (though it's not like anyone here other than Claire would go), here's our night:

Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Nationalise the f**king lot.
Nadia81
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Perfect. IMHO
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Here's hoping people show.

I've met hundreds of people that like dark music and listen to lots of Goth bands but are way to rock and roll for Goth nights or just too cool for rock nights. Hopefully these people will see this as a legitimate place to hang out.
Last edited by Maisey on 21 Oct 2010, 11:59, edited 1 time in total.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Maisey wrote:Here's hoping people show.

I've met hundreds of people that like dark music and listen to lots of Goth bands but are way to rock and roll Goth nights or just too cool for rock nights. Hopefully these people will see this as a legitimate place to hang out.
Piece of advice: don't judge on the first night. Do this at least three nights, if finaces allow. Only then you will start to have a more or less accurate c**t for your event.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Dark
Underneath the Rock

For reference, Maisey:

We're lucky enough to get a night at a popular venue, for free because it's mid-week. We charge only £2 entry, making us the cheapest night on the street, which is a BIG night-life street. The venue holds 180, on our first night we got 145 and this month we got 120. We're ridiculously busy, because not too many of the folk are goths.
They hear some dancefloor-friendly music, are taken by the low price, and stick around. I can guarantee most people don't know the weird italo tracks we play, nor did the random posse of 30-year-olds know "Sanity Assassin", but as long as you play a wide range of decent-sounding choons, you'll be fine :)

We also give the first 50 people cakes/biscuits. ;)
10-E Rabid
Amphetamine Filth

Cakes and Biscuits? Up the Ante Maisey, we want pills, frills and cheap thrills. Oh, some free "Nerds" or sour candy would be nice too. Just thinking about that makes my stomach grumble and my teeth hurt. Yey!!
"Go forth and become a happy cabbage"
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

In those situations a decent supply of chewing gum will usually suffice.
10-E Rabid
Amphetamine Filth

YEAH!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
"Go forth and become a happy cabbage"