Ghost Dance/Skeletals/Lorries/Play Dead etc etc etc new dvd

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
biggy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Cherry red records I salute thee :notworthy:

Ausgang , Bone Orchard , Danse society , Andi sex gang ............. :eek:

Fantastic

Various
In Goth Daze
CRDVD 38
The Gothic genre – intriguing, entertaining and forever popular – is celebrated in all its glory on “In Goth Daze – The Gothic Video Collection�. From it’s first major explosion in the late 1970’s / early 1980’s, the Gothic scene has always been most fervently supported by its many followers. It is still incredibly popular around the world, as the many compilation albums dedicated to the genre testify. The scene has thrown up many great songs, bands and characters – many of which are featured on “In Goth Daze�.

The artists included here include some of Goth’s star names and stalwarts, such as Alien Sex Fiend, Ausgang, Inca Babies, Danse Society, Skeletal Family and Red Lorry Yellow Lorry. Also featured are two stunning live performances from Nico, who could is often considered to be amongst the biggest influences on the Goth movement as a result of her work with The Velvet Underground in the 1960’s. Amongst the tracks featured there are 5 Independent Chart top twenty hits and many rare and previously unseen performances from some of the Goth scene’s most engaging acts.

Alien Sex Fiend – Ignore The Machine / Hagar The Womb – Idol / Inca Babies – Jerico / Ligotage – Vanity / Nico – I’m Waiting For The Man / Ausgang – Weight / Flesh For Lulu – I May Have Said You’re Beautiful / Creaming Jesus – Lillies / Bone Orchard - The m*****n / Rubella Ballet – Twister / Andi Sexgang - Seven Ways To Kill A Man / In Excelsis - Vows (Live) / Play Dead - The Tenant (Live) / The Marionettes – Kisses / Malaria - Your Turn To Run / Danse Society – 2000 Light Years / Skeletal Family – Promised Land / Red Lorry Yellow Lorry – Cut Down / Ghost Dance – Celebrate / Virgin Prunes – Pagan Love Song / Alien Sex Fiend – R.I.P. / Nico – All Tomorrows Parties
Thea
Overbomber

lreshkegdgdggeijgio4gueo!

where can i get one?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

inca babies?!? :o :notworthy:

cool :von:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Snub Nose wrote:i cant see how you can attempt to "cover a genre" with songs by Nico
and creaming jesus (!) and exclude bands like fields of the nephilim
and the sisters of mercy !
(?)
well the neph have their own very complete (and very cheap), and the sisters? well they're not goth...

:innocent: ;)
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

http://www.blackstar.co.uk/video/item/7000000084611

available to pr-order (out on 8th december) at £12.99 with free p&p...
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Snub Nose wrote:>>well the neph have their own very complete (and very cheap), and the >>sisters? well they're not goth...

i cant accept that both of these bands have NO ROLE in the history of
goth at all. thats just MHO.
oh yes, i agree, it's just that:

a) the neph dvd is a tenner and has everything on it anyway, so there's little point sticking on the video for say, blue water, as the people buying it would probably already have it...

and b) its only "cherry red" records - their dvd and cds are only cheapo back-catalalogue compiliations and not meant to define a genre ;)

cherry red have access to a large vault of promo and live videos by bands on anagaram records, and certain other indie labels. i seriously doubt that labels teh size of MR/WEA or situation two/beggars banquet would grant them permission to use footage.

i think its more a case of they werent allowed to use sisters or neph material, rather than them not wanting to... ;)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Quiff Boy wrote:i think its more a case of they werent allowed to use sisters or neph material, rather than them not wanting to...
Especially given some people's notorious antipathy to the "g-word" ;)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

markfiend wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:i think its more a case of they werent allowed to use sisters or neph material, rather than them not wanting to...
Especially given some people's notorious antipathy to the "g-word" ;)
dunno what you mean! :o ;)
mh
Above the Chemist

Hmmmm - this smells of Mick Mercer.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Hmmm, I don't think we can complain about the Sisters being kept out here - I think we're probably getting rejecter and rejected mixed up. I think even a skint Eldo would run a mile from something like this.
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
ryan
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

intresting- a bit surprised about nico though :notworthy:

wasnt there another RLYL clip released on one of these 'goth' dvd compilations? can anyone help me out with this one? :?
James Blast
Banned

Think I might purchase it just because the mighty Play Dead are on it.
Why no Specimen? <ducks and covers>
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Thea
Overbomber

Red Sunsets wrote: Why no Specimen? <ducks and covers>
that's a damn fine question.

the only specimen vid's i've seen are low-quality downloads that are less than a minute long each :(
Dan
Overbomber

Is the video pro-shot? The reason I ask is that most of the bands on that list look the same as all the gigs shot by an Italian girl in the 80's (she did the Sisters Brixton Ace'83 video).
mayhem
Glam Rock Throwback

Dan wrote:Is the video pro-shot? The reason I ask is that most of the bands on that list look the same as all the gigs shot by an Italian girl in the 80's (she did the Sisters Brixton Ace'83 video).
I always thought that video was shot by a woman! :twisted:

Thank you for proving me right

M
hallucienate
Overbomber

mayhem wrote:
Dan wrote:Is the video pro-shot? The reason I ask is that most of the bands on that list look the same as all the gigs shot by an Italian girl in the 80's (she did the Sisters Brixton Ace'83 video).
I always thought that video was shot by a woman! :twisted:

Thank you for proving me right

M
It's the groin shot during Anaconda, isn't it? :wink: