have the sisters turned s**t

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

psichonaut wrote:
James Blast wrote:
psichonaut wrote:and there is somebody who never see them in concert....
Oh! you should, they really are average...
then i'm lucky to have some good bootleg
Go and see them and make your own opinion.

To me they are great. Their gigs give me that special feeling no other band can. :notworthy:

What Stef said...stay home if you don't like it. :D
"as we walk on the floodland"
psichonaut
Overbomber

Ozpat wrote:
psichonaut wrote:
James Blast wrote:Oh! you should, they really are average...
then i'm lucky to have some good bootleg
Go and see them and make your own opinion.

To me they are great. Their gigs give me that special feeling no other band can. :notworthy:

What Stef said...stay home if you don't like it. :D
when they will be in italy i'll try go and see them
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
Badlander
Overbomber

They're still capable of throwing great live shows, it's just that it could be miles better if only Eldo really put his mind to it. :roll:
And I for one wouldn't follow them on the road. The set lists are way too static, to begin with. :?
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

I'm starting to reach the depressing conclusion that Eldritch should retire from the front of the stage and take over as nurse, employing a suitable piece of eye candy for the ladies (and gentlemen of that persuasion) who can actually sing and be heard in the mix.
Wouldn't be a great change as half of the time he's invisible and inaudible nowadays. :|

More than ever, Eldritch needs to sit down and write lyrics with the intelligence and wit that made Sisters songs special to begin with. Some music to go with it, rather than leaving everything to the "hired hands" wouldn't go amiss either.

I'm afraid it the Silver Bullet tour finished the Sisters for me as a live act, and it was nothing to do with Ben or Chris - I like the metal sound.

Andrew Eldritch - you are the weakest link! :cry:
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Veda
Road Kill

The last I attended a Sisters gig was in the late 90's and as much as it pains me to say it - I thought it blew. Whereas when I saw them for the first time in '85 maybe it might have been cause I was a wee one but they blew me away. After that some shows in '91 which were more or less good in my view. I will always be a fan but I don't have any wish to attend any more Sisters gigs and that saddens me....they had a long run even though they didn't fulfill their potential, but they've hit the wall hard.
million voices
Slight Overbomber

Erudite suggests replacing Eldritch with younger chap whois more up to the job.

Possibly they could have one of those talent shows on tv like they did for INXS and they seem to do for every lead part going in the West End these days.

The "Von Factor" or "Album Idle" possibly

Contestants come along, sing a Sisters song and either imitate the master or do it in their own style.

The judging panel needs to have a certain element of tension and discord so I thought of Eldritch, Hussey and Patsy, but that could be going a bit too far.
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
psichonaut
Overbomber

million voices wrote:Erudite suggests replacing Eldritch with younger chap whois more up to the job.

Possibly they could have one of those talent shows on tv like they did for INXS and they seem to do for every lead part going in the West End these days.

Contestants come along, sing a Sisters song and either imitate the master or do it in their own style.

The judging panel needs to have a certain element of tension and discord so I thought of Eldritch, Hussey and Patsy, but that could be going a bit too far.
you can think i'm crazy but the sound of the band before flodland was better and Andrew lost his goth-soul after
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
godgirl
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:I think the cessation of calling them 'The Sissies' and/or 'The Girls' would be a start.

just my view :|

:notworthy:

8)

:oops:

apologies for resurrecting this three year old chestnut, i just saw this comment and HAD to agree!

:eek:

marge xxx
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
Garbageman
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Still love em....newer songs, Suzanne etc are staples now and considering there has been no official release for years, the newer songs come across well.
We will have to agree to disagree because Jesus STILL LOVES the Sisters.
Like pushing a marsmallow into a piggy bank
moses

Garbageman wrote:Still love em....newer songs, Suzanne etc are staples now and considering there has been no official release for years, the newer songs come across well.
We will have to agree to disagree because Jesus STILL LOVES the Sisters.
Jesus has also been dead for years!
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity
randdebiel²

Veda wrote:The last I attended a Sisters gig was in the late 90's and as much as it pains me to say it - I thought it blew. Whereas when I saw them for the first time in '85 maybe it might have been cause I was a wee one but they blew me away. After that some shows in '91 which were more or less good in my view. I will always be a fan but I don't have any wish to attend any more Sisters gigs and that saddens me....they had a long run even though they didn't fulfill their potential, but they've hit the wall hard.
have you ever heard the 1996 bootleg? for me they had a real peak aroun that time. My first sisters live gig was taht year (the Ochtrup gig) and it blew me away
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
randdebiel²

million voices wrote:Erudite suggests replacing Eldritch with younger chap whois more up to the job.

the great rock 'n roll swindle style ;D
shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather....
Silver_Owl
The Don

Why oh why has this raised it's head again? :? :( :evil:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Hom_Corleone wrote:Why oh why has this raised it's head again? :? :( :evil:
godgirl necroed the thread. ;)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Silver_Owl
The Don

markfiend wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:Why oh why has this raised it's head again? :? :( :evil:
godgirl necroed the thread. ;)
It's all her fault then. :roll: :lol:

Maybe we should just lock it after I've had the final say.

Which is... LEAMINGTON SPA 03/08/10 ;D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
_emma_
Overbomber

I still think Sibiu was better. :P :wink:
Silver_Owl
The Don

_emma_ wrote:I still think Sibiu was better. :P :wink:
Damn. Forgot to lock it. :innocent: :lol:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Being645
Above the Chemist

M'era Luna, Sibiu, Leamington, Lokeren ... all wonderful ... ;D ;D ;D ...
Garbageman

Moses......I thought Jesus was alive and well in the hearts and souls of many......not many on this forum though.
Myself included but a witty and worthy response.
Now, about those 10 commandments..
Like pushing a marsmallow into a piggy bank
originalgoth

Tidal wrote:I think Floodland was their best, but I agree that the sisters are getting different these days. I just can't see the Sisters as a plain rock band- I think FALAA is what the Sisters were and will always be, but it seems Andrew doesn't agree with me. Such a pity that they broke up, and true- Andrew's voice is getting f*cked up, I liked it best during FALAA...

I think they should not make another rock album. This new thing theyre working on with C&B and all that stuff may be good music, but it's sooo not the Sisters...

I'd wish they would make another FALAA- like album- with their skills having grown over the years and Eldo definately being a good songwriter, I believe they could make a "back-to-the-basics" album, simple drums and guitars, not too much synths, and most of all, cleverly designed music, not cheap loud rock to fool the listener into thinking it's good music.
I couldn't agree more Tidal,
I'd love them to play the early songs how they were played back then, take away the thrashing guitars where they never were & bring back the melodies.

I do think a show in that format would definately work, play the early songs as they were & then mix in the Floodlands & VT songs and the very new unreleased songs as they are played now.

If I was sure that their gigs were going to be like that I'd travel the world to see them (I'd do that if I could anyway but it'd give me a lot more incentive ot do it).

I'd love them to do original versions of FAALA songs on their 30th gigs - if we can't have the original members at least give us the original sound.
I'd also love to hear Black Planet played live for the first time ever in their 30 years.

Erudite,
How the Dickens could Von be replaced & still call them The Sisters of Mercy - he's the only original member other than Doktor Avalance & he's been traded in a few times so is only there in name.

What would they be called? The Daughters of Sympathy

Is the original poster still around BTW?
It takes a big man to come on here and say something like he did & then stick around for any amount of time afterwards.
And I ride down the Highway 101
By the side of the ocean, headed for Sunset

Black Planet according to originalGoth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hYeYgNIntQ
paul
Overbomber

They suck, but I love their suckness!
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

[quote="originalgoth]

Erudite,
How the Dickens could Von be replaced & still call them The Sisters of Mercy - he's the only original member other than Doktor Avalance & he's been traded in a few times so is only there in name.

[/quote]
The Doktor is not an original member,some other bloke called Andrew used to play the drums!
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Apologies for buggering up the above post.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Sita

Now this question reminds me of the Madonna fans who say everything Madonna did after [insert personal favourite here] was crap, and still go to her concerts, listen to her albums, and waste a lot of their gray matter on analysing why and how she sucks... :lol:
Last edited by Sita on 12 Nov 2010, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

originalgoth wrote:
Tidal wrote:

Erudite,
If you read my post correctly, I'm all for him writing the songs and being on stage taking care of the Doktor - I just thought it might be better if he stopped singing.

Still, time's a greater healer and my opinion might have shifted since Leamington... :innocent: :wink:
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!