You don't get many of those for a pound

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Silver_Owl
The Don

The assistant concerned was "mortified" by the incident, he said, and is currently receiving support from the Co-op's HR department. ®
:lol: :lol: :lol: No pun intended I'm sure.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Hopley said that he had never seen anything similar in 40 years of retail, although he had encountered problems with rhubarb in the past.

"Rhubarb sticks are quite long and hang off the end of the scale so they were actually underweighing. Now we break them in two before putting them on the scales."

WHAT?! :eek: So if you put a 30 cm long piece of rhubarb on a 20cm scale, you only weigh 2/3rds of it? WTF?!
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Carpathian Psychonaut
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I've no idea why this phrase caught my eye in the context of the story:-
although he had encountered problems with rhubarb in the past.
Is it panto season yet? :lol:
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

EvilBastard wrote:Hopley said that he had never seen anything similar in 40 years of retail, although he had encountered problems with rhubarb in the past.

"Rhubarb sticks are quite long and hang off the end of the scale so they were actually underweighing. Now we break them in two before putting them on the scales."

WHAT?! :eek: So if you put a 30 cm long piece of rhubarb on a 20cm scale, you only weigh 2/3rds of it? WTF?!
Yeah I thought that. Elementary physics FAIL! :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
DerekR
Doobie Brother

EvilBastard wrote: WHAT?! :eek: So if you put a 30 cm long piece of rhubarb on a 20cm scale, you only weigh 2/3rds of it? WTF?!
Not quite, but it WILL affect the reading. I know this from experience of calibrating ultra sensitive can weighing machines at work
sam1
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

DerekR wrote:
EvilBastard wrote: WHAT?! :eek: So if you put a 30 cm long piece of rhubarb on a 20cm scale, you only weigh 2/3rds of it? WTF?!
Not quite, but it WILL affect the reading. I know this from experience of calibrating ultra sensitive can weighing machines at work
rhubarb is not in season in the UK ...... it'll cost a fortune just now so don't put any on the scales :innocent:

[just a piece of useless info really--I don't know if anyone wants some rhubarb crumble tonight :?: ]